Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 16:52   #616
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
Thanks for the information. We have already booked at Metro Park Inn. They offer airport drops.

I will post a review once I get back (the booking is for August).
That is a decent hotel. Infact the entire marriage party during mine stayed there.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:20   #617
BHPian

Never ever Stay in Zambala House, temple road, mcloedganj, Dharamsala

Hi Guys, I just want to warn you guys with my bitter experience with

Zambala House, temple road, mcloedganj, Dharamsala
Phone: 91-1892-221121
Mob: 91-94188- 33838Welcome to the Zambala Guest House at Mcleodganj, Dharamsala

It started in second week of June and want to go to Mcloedganj with family in my Innova. So with some reference book 3 rooms (Rs 2500 each) in this hotel. for 3 nights and 4 days. We reached hotel around 3 pm on 22nd June and with his permission parked the car in surrounding parking lot and assurance from him nothing will happen. Although as other hotel guys put marks like "Parking at owners Risk", so I keep asking hotel guys is it safe or not. But they are 200% sure nothing will happen. So we rested on that day and next day thought of taking cab, but seems like these guys have bunch of frauds working for them. That fellow asking Rs 3000 for each day for his Innova. Anyways we decided to have food and India Hotel (Pure Veg) and came back to took my Innova. To my sudden surprise someone put scratches all four doors as well as on rear bumper. You can imagine situation now, we called the owner and to utter surprise rather saying showing some sympathy that fellow start shouting at us only saying you did somewhere else and blaming us.
I was feeling very down and helpless in this situation, but do not want to spoil vacation mood, so took the Innova and went for site scene. When we came back in night, again I talked to a person who booked my rooms, he assured again saying nothing will happen, as we don't know who did that. So next morning we decided not to stay there, but didn't told anything to hotel guys (so that they get another chance). I went in market to get some food pack and told manage to prepare bill and came down with keys, but when I looked at my front bumper those guys have done it again ( as they left only fron bumper) with some hard metal they scratched the front bumper and it peeled off almost 2 ft area of my front bumper. And then round start for shouting etc etc. Lot of people gather and owner came again and start blaming us only and to give respect to customer this all he said:
1. Will Pray to his God so that we won't reach home safely.
2. We do not have money that's why doing all this.

I have 2 younger kids with me, my wife mom, 2 sister and father. Initially though of calling Police but my parents says no to it. But rather this, Owner start threating us. I do not want anything at that time so just paid the bill to those shameless people and came out with bitter experience there.

So requesting you guys not to consider this Guest house ever. And one more thing, can I put complaint against this guys in Delhi to that I can teach him a lesson.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:39   #618
Senior - BHPian

Re: Never ever Stay in Zambala House, temple road, mcloedganj, Dharamsala

Thanks for the heads up. I dont think there is any point in even considering putting a complain to the Delhi Police, they wont even entertain it since it happened in Dharamshala.

All you can do is write reviews about the hotel in whichever online site the hotel advertises and keep sending the link to the owner by email.

There is no point in writing on his website as he will definitely delete the comment.

Regards
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:51   #619
Senior - BHPian

There arent too many details about this hotel on their own website. I could not find a single review of this place in tripadvisor also.

By the way, did you have issues other than the parking, i mean, in terms of food, rooms cleanliness, service etc.. ? I gather from your post that the parking wasnt inside the same compound as the guest house and that is inviting trouble in the first place. Bad thing to happen.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:59   #620
Senior - BHPian

Never heard of this place, sounds fishy

and there ae much better places to stay in Mcleodganj and Naddi in same budget.

please read the reviews and do some homework before going to a new place/new hotel.

Even on T-BHP there are so many threads about Mcleodganj.

But i still feel you should have gone to police station there and lodged a complaint against these guys, as i have always found Himachal Police to be very nice.
Old 4th July 2011, 11:08   #621
BHPian

Planning to go to Ooty in last week of July. Can anybody please suggest me good resorts near Ooty? We are not specific to stay in the the town (rather will like not to stay in the heart of the city ) but looking for a good resort so that can enjoy the views but also out of the city chaos!
Old 4th July 2011, 12:26   #622
BANNED

Probably that was best you can do. Pay him up and move on as you were on vacation and with your family.

However, still pondering , how it can be handled otherwise to teach him a lesson?
Old 4th July 2011, 12:47   #623
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Sad to know what has happened with you. IMO When it has happened second time , i think you should have called the police and registered a formal complaint. if there was anything illegal i would have been out.
Old 4th July 2011, 18:01   #624
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musafir_blr View Post
Planning to go to Ooty in last week of July. Can anybody please suggest me good resorts near Ooty? We are not specific to stay in the the town (rather will like not to stay in the heart of the city ) but looking for a good resort so that can enjoy the views but also out of the city chaos!
I have stayed at the following resorts/hotels in ooty:
1.Lake View - near the rear portion of the lake (where there is a mini boathose). To go here, take the first right turn when you reach Ooty from the gudalur side. Nice independent cottages with asphalted lanes inside the resort and you can park your car right in front of your cottage. Tarriff was reasonable, location is good
2.Hotel Charing Cross, right in the middle of the town at Charing Cross on the way to Botanical Garden. Reasonable tariff (may not fit your requirement of being away from the town. Also, this is a place that sees lots of tourists and there are shops all around)

Last edited by NPV : 4th July 2011 at 18:03.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 18:38   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I have stayed at the following resorts/hotels in ooty:
1.Lake View - near the rear portion of the lake (where there is a mini boathose). To go here, take the first right turn when you reach Ooty from the gudalur side. Nice independent cottages with asphalted lanes inside the resort and you can park your car right in front of your cottage. Tarriff was reasonable, location is good
2.Hotel Charing Cross, right in the middle of the town at Charing Cross on the way to Botanical Garden. Reasonable tariff (may not fit your requirement of being away from the town. Also, this is a place that sees lots of tourists and there are shops all around)
Quote:
IMHO,the best place to stay in Ooty today is Sherlock,amazing views,amazing place.Would vouch for it from personal experience.

Sherlock
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 19:19   #626
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Since Ranjit mentioned about Sherlock, do note its a part of Little Earth Group.

:: Littlearth ::

They also run a farm stay called Destiny. If you just want stay, without any sightseeing
(in case you have already done Ooty and just want to stay for relaxation), this makes a perfect place.

A bit more luxury at an exotic location ?
Try Red Hills. RedHill

An amazing location near the Emerald and Avalanche Lakes.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 20:04   #627
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO,the best place to stay in Ooty today is Sherlock,amazing views,amazing place.Would vouch for it from personal experience.
Thanks, Ranjitp. I already saw in one of the threads of TBHP (if I am not wrong, it was you only gave a detailed description). And we (me and wife) are thrilled and checking out with Sherlock guys for the reservation.
Old 4th July 2011, 20:08   #628
BHPian

Quote:
A bit more luxury at an exotic location ?
Try Red Hills. RedHill
Thanks ampere. Very Good Lead! Will check with these guys regarding the cost factor with them tomorrow (just called them, didnt pick! :( ). If it work out, will look for a day over there 1 day and another day in Ooty.
Old 4th July 2011, 20:08   #629
Team-BHP Support

Here are some snaps of Sherlock which I had uploaded some time back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1904605
Old 4th July 2011, 20:12   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ampere. Very Good Lead! Will check with these guys regarding the cost factor with them tomorrow (just called them, didnt pick! :( ). If it work out, will look for a day over there 1 day and another day in Ooty.
You cant go wrong with Red Hills. Its a brilliant place, check out the pic in my garage. The one near the lake is on the way to Red Hills. Great people and a beautiful place. When I went (about 2-3 years ago) I think it was 4000 - 4500 per day all inclusive (all meals included) for a couple.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks