Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2011, 01:09   #646
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

draft planning for family trip to Kerala in Oct'11 (mostly not by road!). if anyone can give feedback for KTDC sites ?

thanks,
Pranav
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:14   #647
BHPian

Planning for a 2 nights stay trip to Munnar in Sep. Would like to know my options for a family stay (2+1) with a budget of ~Rs2500-3000 per night (Resort or hotel). While searching in the net, found a place - Ayur County. Has any one stayed here? How is this place?

Also, Is it possible to visit Thekkady and come back to Munnar in a day?
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:14   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvinay View Post
Planning for a 2 nights stay trip to Munnar in Sep. Would like to know my options for a family stay (2+1) with a budget of ~Rs2500-3000 per night (Resort or hotel). While searching in the net, found a place - Ayur County. Has any one stayed here? How is this place?

You could check out Edasserry East End,its a lovely hotel and right in the town yet not affected by the hustles and bustles.

www.eastend.in

PS:Bargain hard.

Very much possible to do Munnar-Thekkady-Munnar in a day.Leave Munnar after breakfast so as to reach Thekkady by 10.It is a 2-3hour drive one way.Leave Thekkady for Munnar by 4-5 in the evening and you should be in Munnar by 8pm latest.Nothng much to do in Thekkady save for the boat cruise on the periyar.So you might actually reach Munnar for an early evening tea!

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 3rd August 2011 at 14:15.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:12   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Ayur County is pretty reasonable. A fellow bhpian had stayed there and got a discount stating that he is a bhpian. Say you would be posting the resorts review and they will give a good discount.

There's a new resort right opp Marthoma guest house. Looks pretty good but heard its a bit expensive. Anyways do check this place too.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:54   #650
BHPian

Quote:

For 2 nights stay its advisable to visit places in and around Munnar. Would recommend Thekkady if you have another day to spare.

Travel time is about 3hrs from Munnar to Thekkady if you are a fast driver as its a 2lane road and plenty of bends and curves. But road is in good condition and beautiful views around especially just outside Munnar about 10kms.

Boat Safari timings at Thekkady are 07:30am to 09:30am, 11:30am to 12:30pm, 01:30pm to 02:30pm and 03:30pm to 05:30pm (2 hrs boat safari only in morning and evening batch). Be there 1.5hrs before the Boat Safari starts for tickets. So plan accordingly and start you journey from Munnar and your return journey too.

Ayur County is in a place called Chinnakanal which is about 25kms from Munnar town on the Munnar-Thekkady Road. Far from town and only eating options are in the resort. But the views around the resort is beautiful. Best option is to stay close to Munnar town and Edasserry East End is a good resort. Also look at KTDC Tea County which is also good.
dreamdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 01:13   #651
BHPian

good info received from above; you mean to say that no need to stay overnight at Thekkady ? can I assume the KTDC properties would be decent ? thanks.
Old 4th August 2011, 10:55   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
good info received from above; you mean to say that no need to stay overnight at Thekkady ? can I assume the KTDC properties would be decent ? thanks.
Unless you are a wildlife enthusiast,there is no reason to be staying in Thekkady,it would be hot and humid.People generally do it as a day trip from Munnar.KTDC property in Munnnr (Tea county) is good in location and poor in service and poor in maintenance of the property, just like any other government property within the country.It is not a reccomended place to stay considering the fact that there are many more options available to consider.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:44   #653
Senior - BHPian

Hotel Metropolis, Hubli - Was surprisingly good. VFM considering its 1100 odd / day. Its on Koppikar Road a little off Rani Chennamma circle. Had some trouble finding the road though. The place is actually inside a shopping complex and is not spottable as a hotel, though there are signs for it and the Olive Garden restaurant.

Turtle Bay Resort, Maravanthe - Very bad! Overpriced for their rooms and maintenance. The only USP is that beach is at the backyard. Food is strictly average. Costed 1900 for A/c double in off-season (guess its 3k in season). I guess its just dont care attitude as many people stay for the beach.

Planters Court, Chikmagalur - Perhaps the best of the trip. I guess this place has been mentioned here umpteen times in this thread.

Gowri Shankar, Hosur - Not worth it ! Have to wade a bit in small town bike traffic as well. Have their own parking lot though.
Old 11th August 2011, 23:07   #654
BHPian

I along with my wife and few friends (around 6-7 people) are planning a getaway this weekend to Pondicherry. We are looking for a homestay or apartment with 3-4 rooms which will give the entire place to ourselves so we can relax and spend some good time together. Any advice and places you know of will be really appreciated.
Old 12th August 2011, 00:00   #655
Senior - BHPian

Bombay Airport with parking?

Hi,

I need to spend a night in Bombay and need to be close to the airport. Please suggest a decent place that is not too expensive. Air-con and cleanliness are the only important things. Being a TBHPian, I definitely need parking space (and never hand over my car to valets).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Old 12th August 2011, 10:11   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Hotel Metropolis, Hubli - Was surprisingly good. VFM considering its 1100 odd / day. Its on Koppikar Road a little off Rani Chennamma circle. Had some trouble finding the road though. The place is actually inside a shopping complex and is not spottable as a hotel, though there are signs for it and the Olive Garden restaurant.

Turtle Bay Resort, Maravanthe - Very bad! Overpriced for their rooms and maintenance. The only USP is that beach is at the backyard. Food is strictly average. Costed 1900 for A/c double in off-season (guess its 3k in season). I guess its just dont care attitude as many people stay for the beach.

Planters Court, Chikmagalur - Perhaps the best of the trip. I guess this place has been mentioned here umpteen times in this thread.

Gowri Shankar, Hosur - Not worth it ! Have to wade a bit in small town bike traffic as well. Have their own parking lot though.
Thanks Narayan. Nice to know that Metropolis in Hubli is VFM. Others - Naveen and Clarks etc seems over priced.

Your feedback on Turtle bay is spot on. We went there for a lunch eight years back and had a look at their rooms and decided it is not worth the money. Sad to see that they have not improved even after so many years. Yes, their USP is superb, almost private beach.

Planters court used to be prime property in CKM before Taj and home stays came up. It is still VFM. Hope you had Butter Masala Dosey in Town canteen
Old 12th August 2011, 10:21   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Thanks Narayan. Nice to know that Metropolis in Hubli is VFM. Others - Naveen and Clarks etc seems over priced.
We are using Metropolis for a long time. The rooms are clean and good. You can even opt for non a/c rooms as the climate in Hubli is very pleasant.
Old 12th August 2011, 10:32   #658
BHPian

I will be driving to Tirupathi from Hyderabad in few hours. Request suggestions for an overnight stay at Kadappa tonight (preferably without taking too much diversion).

Also, I would need to stay in Chittoor on Sun night. Any suggestions would be great.

thanks.
Old 12th August 2011, 11:25   #659
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bombay Airport with parking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi,

I need to spend a night in Bombay and need to be close to the airport. Please suggest a decent place that is not too expensive. Air-con and cleanliness are the only important things. Being a TBHPian, I definitely need parking space (and never hand over my car to valets).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
You havent mentioned which airport you need to be close to(Santacruz domestic or Andheri intl)

Nevertheless Ramakrishna at Vile Parle East is a very good option.Rooms are neat and ac.The restaurant attached to this hotel is quite a famous one.The hotel is just hop,skip and jump from the domestic airport and bang next to the parle railway station east side.

:: Ram Krishna ::

The other option is Midland at Santacruz E.

Airport Hotel in Mumbai,Airport Hotels in Mumbai Airport Hotel,Bombay Airport Hotel in Bombay India,Hotels Near Mumbai Airport

Both are excellent places to stay.
Hotel Midland is a very good option.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 11:31   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
I will be driving to Tirupathi from Hyderabad in few hours. Request suggestions for an overnight stay at Kadappa tonight (preferably without taking too much diversion).

Also, I would need to stay in Chittoor on Sun night. Any suggestions would be great.

thanks.
No idea about Kadapa but in Chittoor , if budget is not a problem, you can stay in Bans- the Hotel, on the Bypass road near the road to Kanipakam. It's a great hotel and the food is very good too and you can avoid the traffic of Chittoor too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks