Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 15:51   #676
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

A group of 7-8 of us going to Hampi. Need you guys to share some hotel info with me. No kids, no elders. But western toilet is a strict yes-yes! Someone told me that you can get a 3BHK villa for 3-4K easily, but that someone still can't figure out the name of such place. Anyone knows?

So tell us. We have a budget of 1000-1200 Rs. per person per day. If you know any guesthouse/hotel on the other side of the river, better!
Old 6th September 2011, 15:59   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
A group of 7-8 of us going to Hampi. Need you guys to share some hotel info with me. No kids, no elders. But western toilet is a strict yes-yes!
So tell us. We have a budget of 1000-1200 Rs. per person per day. If you know any guesthouse/hotel on the other side of the river, better!
Please note that boat service does get canceled under police orders when the river has high outflow from the dam. which at the moment is a fact.

Just google out "Kishkinda Resort". It is in the other side and has A/C cottages with attached western toilets.

I enjoyed my exclusive stay there (as the only guest) in August 2007 but then cannot comment on present conditions since four years have elapsed.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:11   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A group of 7-8 of us going to Hampi. Need you guys to share some hotel info with me. No kids, no elders. But western toilet is a strict yes-yes! Someone told me that you can get a 3BHK villa for 3-4K easily, but that someone still can't figure out the name of such place. Anyone knows?

I have not heard anything like Villas getting rented out. Check out Hotel Malligi which is a great value for money. Spacious rooms, good food, western toilets. Google for details. It should fit into your budget. Most of the hotels are in Hospet and i dont think you have any on the other side except for Kishkinda which is more of a rural tourism concept and basic and good.

Last edited by Fauji : 6th September 2011 at 16:12.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:25   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
I have not heard anything like Villas getting rented out. Check out Hotel Malligi which is a great value for money. Spacious rooms, good food, western toilets. Google for details. It should fit into your budget. Most of the hotels are in Hospet and i dont think you have any on the other side except for Kishkinda which is more of a rural tourism concept and basic and good.
Yeah. Had shortlisted a couple of hotels in the meanwhile. Will just share it. Malligi is in the list. Just negotiating the rates.

Hampis Boulders

http://www.malligihotels.com

Shanthi Guest House

Sunny Guest House: Albums
Old 6th September 2011, 16:27   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah. Had shortlisted a couple of hotels in the meanwhile. Will just share it. Malligi is in the list. Just negotiating the rates.

Hampis Boulders

http://www.malligihotels.com

Shanthi Guest House

Sunny Guest House: Albums

Also look at Krishna Palace which is new and good.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 16:27   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Please note that boat service does get canceled under police orders when the river has high outflow from the dam. which at the moment is a fact.

Just google out "Kishkinda Resort". It is in the other side and has A/C cottages with attached western toilets.

I enjoyed my exclusive stay there (as the only guest) in August 2007 but then cannot comment on present conditions since four years have elapsed.
Thanks for the info. I've heard that Kishkinda has gotten worse in the last 2-3 years (according to tripadvisor and couple of other websites.) I'll inquire from the hotel people about the boat service.
Old 7th September 2011, 22:27   #682
BHPian

Hi TeamBHP,

I am looking for some hotel suggestions for our upcoming trip. We are planning to drive from Bangalore to Hampi and then on to Mahabaleshwar ,drive down to Goa and back to Bangalore.

The total duration of the trip would be 12 or 13 days sometime during the last week of October. We plan to spend 2 days at Hampi, 3 to 4 days at Mahabaleshwar or Panchgani and another 3 days at North Goa.

We will be travelling with our 18 month old son hence we wanted to do the trip at a relaxed pace, drive not more than 7 hours a day and stay at least 2 to 3 night at each location. I have a few questions that I hope Team BHPians can help us with:

1. Suggestions for accomodations at Hampi - I am looking for a decent, clean and comfortable place to stay as we will travel with our little son. My budget is not more than Rs.,1500 per night.

Is staying in Hampi preferred or Hospet? Is it a pain to drive the 12 km from Hospet to Hampi everyday?

2. Suggestions for accomodation at Mahabaleshwar or Panchgani or in that general area - we plan to stay at one of these places and do small day trips to the nearby locations as we will be staying there for 3 or 4 days. Our budget is Rs. 2000 - 3000 per night.
Also is it possible to say for eg. stay at Mahabaleshwar and sightsee there one day and do day trips to Panchgani, Kaas plateau of flowers etc as I see on the map that they are all not too far apart?

3. I think we might go with our time share option in Goa so accomodation there is not a problem. But we do want to drive down the ghat road from Mahabaleshwar (NH 17 I think) and see the Tarkali beach, Vengurla and other scenic places in this route.
Would it be hectic to drive down to North Goa as well as make a few stops in this route in one day? Should we split the drive into 2 days and plan to stay overnight midway? Any stay over suggestions?

Please do let me know your suggestions. We want it to be a realxing trip but also want to see as much as we can (especially nature) but not make it too hectic for our little son so he can enjoy too. Thanks in advance for your help.

Rohin.
Old 8th September 2011, 07:45   #683
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Hi TeamBHP,

We will be travelling with our 18 month old son hence we wanted to do the trip at a relaxed pace, drive not more than 7 hours a day and stay at least 2 to 3 night at each location. I have a few questions that I hope Team BHPians can help us with:

Is staying in Hampi preferred or Hospet? Is it a pain to drive the 12 km from Hospet to Hampi everyday?
Not many options in Hampi except of KSTDC Mayura. Better to stay at Hospet.
Malligi is the best option for the budget you mention.

But if you want to spend, Royal Orchid is place.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 09:07   #684
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you stay at Hotel Mallige in Hospet. It is very close to Hampi and the rates are reasonable
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 10:11   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi TeamBHP,

I am looking for some hotel suggestions for our upcoming trip. We are planning to drive from Bangalore to Hampi and then on to Mahabaleshwar ,drive down to Goa and back to Bangalore.

The total duration of the trip would be 12 or 13 days sometime during the last week of October. We plan to spend 2 days at Hampi, 3 to 4 days at Mahabaleshwar or Panchgani and another 3 days at North Goa.

1. Suggestions for accomodations at Hampi - I am looking for a decent, clean and comfortable place to stay as we will travel with our little son. My budget is not more than Rs.,1500 per night.

2. Suggestions for accomodation at Mahabaleshwar or Panchgani or in that general area - we plan to stay at one of these places and do small day trips to the nearby locations as we will be staying there for 3 or 4 days. Our budget is Rs. 2000 - 3000 per night.
Also is it possible to say for eg. stay at Mahabaleshwar and sightsee there one day and do day trips to Panchgani, Kaas plateau of flowers etc as I see on the map that they are all not too far apart?

3. I think we might go with our time share option in Goa so accomodation there is not a problem. But we do want to drive down the ghat road from Mahabaleshwar (NH 17 I think) and see the Tarkali beach, Vengurla and other scenic places in this route.
Would it be hectic to drive down to North Goa as well as make a few stops in this route in one day? Should we split the drive into 2 days and plan to stay overnight midway? Any stay over suggestions?

Please do let me know your suggestions. We want it to be a realxing trip but also want to see as much as we can (especially nature) but not make it too hectic for our little son so he can enjoy too. Thanks in advance for your help.

Rohin.

Two days in Hampi is fine. I would recommend use one day for hampi sight seeing and other day for a leisurely day trip to Badami/Aihole/Pattadakal. I would rather suggest that you stay one night in Hampi and other night in Badami in Badami court which is a good place as it falls on the way to Goa/Mahabaleshwar from hampi.

From badami you can drive to Mahabaleshwar and then to Goa and back to Bangalore. That way you can cover both Hampi and Badami. Take a look at this google map.

Bengaluru, Karnataka to Bengaluru, Karnataka - Google Maps

Book in Hotel malligi. Stay in Hospet. Hampi does not have any accomodation. Travelling between Hospet and Hampi is no big deal. Dont worry on that.

I am not sure of acco in Mahabaleswar/Panchgani and some BHPians may help or search in this thread.

You can definitely do Konkan beaces of Vengurla, Trakali which are small deviation when you drive from Goa to Mahabaleswar or vice versa. I dont think it will be hectic to drive in one day and can also see these places. The point is since you have a small kid, just stop at one place - either Vengurla or Tarkali - as beaches in Konkan are smilar and any way you will enjoy your beach in Goa as well.

This is what i would recommend

Day 1 - Leave BLR and reach Hampi for lunch. relax and see few monuments in the evning.
Day 2 - See remaing places befroe lunch. Have lunch and proceed to Badami. Visit Aihole and Pattadakal on the way and stay in Badami
Day 3 - Visit Badami caves in the morning and leave Badami by 12 noon and arrive at Mahabaleswar by evening comfortably and relax. See Gokak falls on the way. Check this route. I am not sure of road conditions.

Badami, Karnataka to Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra - Google Maps

Day 4 - Mahabaleshwar
Day 5 - Mahabaleshwar
Day 6 - Mahabaleshwar to Goa
Day 7 - Goa
Day 8 - Goa
Day 9 - Goa- Bangalore

If you feel it is hectic, extend a day in Badami and Hampi.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Fauji : 8th September 2011 at 10:24.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 14:47   #686
BHPian

Thanks everyone. I think we'll go with Malligi in Hampi.

Fauji, thanks for the itinerary. Definitely helps a lot in planning.
Old 8th September 2011, 15:27   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I think we'll go with Malligi in Hampi.

Fauji, thanks for the itinerary. Definitely helps a lot in planning.
I stayed in Hotel Malligi (3-star property) from Sep 2nd-Sep 5th and my experience was just awesome. Beautiful ambience, impeccable service ( except for one small incident) and great food in their in-house restuarant ( Tempations) who's maitre'd Arun was outstanding. Never saw anyone so attentive and caring.

I booked their standard suite at Rs.1700 A.I. But, luckily given a free upgrade to their luxury suite which comes at Rs.2700 A.I

Some pics of Hotel Malligi's rooms and fountain inside the hotel
Attached Thumbnails
A thread on Accommodation & Rates-dsc_8457.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-dsc_8458.jpg  

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-dsc_8730.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 15:35   #688
Senior - BHPian

+1

I stayed in Hotel Malligi few years back (in 2003 or 04) for 2-3 days. I dont think they had fountain then and charges were <1000. Hotel was a pleasent surprise!
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 16:13   #689
BHPian

Planning to book accomodation in Fortune Select, Lavasa Resort | Resorts Lavasa | Holiday Resorts in Lavasa | Resorts in Lavasa | Luxury Resorts Lavasa - Fortune Resorts

Found some reviews on tripadvisor regarding this hotel. They were kinda useful.
However was wondering if any t-bhpian has stayed at this hotel and what was his experience with this hotel ?
Is it worth the room tariff of Rs. 5000 per night ?
Old 11th September 2011, 03:24   #690
BHPian

I had called up Sinh Sadan at Sasan Gir last week, found that its totally booked for Oct'11. FYI - came to know that out of the 3 timings of the safari, with 8 different routes, they offer total 90 gypsy to enter in a day. out of which 45 could be booked one month advance (with advance payment) via some lucky draw offer - timing/route cant be guaranteed by them if selected; rest 45 would be available at on-the-spot booking counter for the various 3 time slots.

any other decent & reasonably priced stay options for Gir ?
thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks