Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:45   #16
BHPian

Sagar Holiday Resort, Lovedale, Ooty

Hello Guys,
I visited Ooty 2 weekends back and stayed at Sagar Holiday resort for 2 nights and found it very good for the price we pay.

Sagar Holiday Resort
Love dale, Ooty
4 kms from Ooty city center , on Ooty-Coonoor road
Tariff: MAP plan - 2600 Rs per night for a couple
+ Big balcony facing ketty valley, clean rooms and toilet, decent service, great location (next to doddabetta peak)

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img_5018-desktop-resolution.jpg

Regards,
Pramod
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:52   #17
BHPian

Hi All, I am planning a two day temple tour to Rameswaram and can somebody help me with a good place of stay there in the price range of Rs. 750/- to Rs.1200/- based on your experiences. Thanks.
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:55   #18
BHPian

Hi All, I am planning a two day trip to Rameswaram by Jan 2009 and can somebody please suggest a nice place of stay for our family in the range of Rs.750/- to Rs.1000/-.
Old 29th December 2008, 19:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Nice thread !!

Last month i had a weekend at Jaipur

Place: Jaipur
Hotel: Hotel Jai Niwas
Contact numbers - 0141-236964, 51424006
Rates: Rs.1500-1750
Review: Excellent service, nice rooms, small lawn, quiet and nice ambiance. Didn't tried food.
Both Tel Nos are incorrect, the 1st one says - invalid and the 2nd is someone's residence. can you pls doublecheck and post the correct Tel details. Tried their website too but can't locate any Tel Nos.
Old 29th December 2008, 19:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Both Tel Nos are incorrect, the 1st one says - invalid and the 2nd is someone's residence. can you pls doublecheck and post the correct Tel details. Tried their website too but can't locate any Tel Nos.
go to the "addresses" link in their website
Old 29th December 2008, 20:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Billing Invoice isn't available with me right now, it's in office (will cross check and confirm in morning).

However, meanwhile in case of urgency you can cross check arya niwas's no.s from the other hotel under same group over here.
Arya Niwas Hotels and Travel Services, Jaipur : Addresses And Location Maps

Somehow while finding Arya niwas's location i reached, location and ambiance wasn't very great as the hotel was very near to main road.
Old 4th January 2009, 12:07   #22
BHPian

I believe there is lots of Travel happened in this last 2 weeks. So please update this thread on your Accommodation that you took during your trip. It will help all of us.
Thanks.
Old 5th January 2009, 00:14   #23
BHPian

Place: Moradabad
Hotel: Best Western Regency
Class: Luxury 5 star
Rates: Complimentary stay so not aware of rates
Location: On the highway little before Moradabad. Moradabad is enroute Nainital, Corbett etc.
Review: A small but luxury 5 start property with all the amenities like pool, restaurants, coffee shop etc. Loved the stay.
Overall: Though Moradabad isnt a tourist destination but can be considered as a break journey destination. Recommended!

Request some more inputs on this thread especially from North.
Old 5th January 2009, 08:31   #24
BHPian

Accomdation Murdeshwar

This is helpful for folks who wants to take a trip to Murdeshwar/Gokarana

RNS residency
3 Star
Non A/c Romm-around 1000Rs
A/c rooms -2000Rs.

The rooms were good and was pretty neat , There have a restaurant near to the beach which served good food .

The rates could have changed since it is almost around 6 to 7 months back i did the trip .
Old 5th January 2009, 10:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Would be nice if we could include if the accommodation stated is suitable for individuals/families or both.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
This is helpful for folks who wants to take a trip to Murdeshwar/Gokarana

RNS residency
3 Star
Non A/c Romm-around 1000Rs
A/c rooms -2000Rs.

The rooms were good and was pretty neat , There have a restaurant near to the beach which served good food .

The rates could have changed since it is almost around 6 to 7 months back i did the trip .
2 months back rates are as follows
1700 Rs - Non AC
2400Rs - AC - This rate includes Taxes.
Old 6th January 2009, 10:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
2 months back rates are as follows
1700 Rs - Non AC
2400Rs - AC - This rate includes Taxes.
I was there in murudeshwar last week of december. The RNS residency is booked to the brim and I could get the room only at BENZY. Paid Rs 700 for a standard room.

Caution here is that AVOID IT LIKE PLAGUE. That hotel does not deserve to be paid even Rs 200/-. This hotel is just beside highway and on your right when proceeding towards Gokarna. Very horrible indeed. This was the only bad thing happened to us during 5-day vacation to coastal towns of karnataka.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
Hi All, I am planning a two day trip to Rameswaram by Jan 2009 and can somebody please suggest a nice place of stay for our family in the range of Rs.750/- to Rs.1000/-.
Tariff - Hotel Royal Park, Rameswaram - Tamilnadu, South India | A Unit of World Park Hotels

:::Tamilnadu Tourism:::

Have not stayed here, better get some feedback on the TTDC. I had canceled one TTDC booking at Pitchavaram with no refund which is not even fit for Bachelors
Old 10th January 2009, 17:23   #29
BHPian

Place: Manali
Hotel: Johnson's Lodge
Class: Say a 3 Star or above
Rates: The normal rate was Rs. 2650 plus 10% tax. Early Dec was off season so we got 50% off.
Review: A nice property with large, spacious and clean rooms. Rooms had wooden flooring, rugs etc. The bathroom was nice and clean with all facilities.
Overall: Nice Stay. The restaurant below is very famous for its Italian and is worth its name. I had the best Italian there and simply loved it. Highly recommended though peak season tariff may feel little high but the place is worth it.
Old 10th January 2009, 19:22   #30
BHPian

Stay in Tanjore

Those looking for stay in Tanjore can visit Hotel Gnanam , I have stayed here and it is pretty decent/neat and clean hotel and the restaurant is also good .The Dosas they served was very good .

they website is www.hotelgnanam.com,You could find the tarrif in their website

I have also stayed in Hotel Oriental towers tanjore , Please please avoid this Hotel at any cost , it was a nightmare for me and my wife .

The rooms were stinking and a fridge was getting rusted and when i opened it i almost fainted .Jesus Christ i have no words to descibe our experience there.

URL :www.hotelorientaltowers.com

I have also heard that PLA residency is also good and the tarrifis much lower than the Hotel Gnanam , Though i have not stayed here , have heard about comments and reviews from my friends .

www.plaresidency.com

Most Viewed