Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:13   #16
BHPian

csentil,

Is BLR - Mysore - Hunsur - Tholpetty - Mananthavady - Kalpetta a better route? I saw on this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...fo-needed.html that this route is better.
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure as I've not taken that route to Kalpetta. The Gundulpet route is fine. Took us hardly 3 hrs between Kalpetta to Mysore.
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

You could choose either of them, while the Gundlupet one is reasonably good all the way. The roads from Nagarhole to Kutta and upto the State border may not be in great shape in the second option. Also keep in mind that the road inside the Nagarhole park is a single road hence you would have to gett off to give way every time a vehicle comes in the opposite direction.

But if you have time in your side and a slightly lonely drive then go through Nagarhole in which case you dont need to go upto Mysore instead take a right after Srirangapatna(you would find the Orange County board) which would save you the pain of going through Mysore, you would join the main Mysore - Hunsur highway near Yelaval.
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
You could choose either of them, while the Gundlupet one is reasonably good all the way. The roads from Nagarhole to Kutta and upto the State border may not be in great shape in the second option. Also keep in mind that the road inside the Nagarhole park is a single road hence you would have to gett off to give way every time a vehicle comes in the opposite direction.

But if you have time in your side and a slightly lonely drive then go through Nagarhole in which case you dont need to go upto Mysore instead take a right after Srirangapatna(you would find the Orange County board) which would save you the pain of going through Mysore, you would join the main Mysore - Hunsur highway near Yelaval.
I think I will stick to the Gundlupet route itself. While driving through Nagarhole sounds exciting I doubt if wifey and kids would enjoy that.
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
csentil,

Is BLR - Mysore - Hunsur - Tholpetty - Mananthavady - Kalpetta a better route? I saw on this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...fo-needed.html that this route is better.
Buddy since your destination is Trikkepetta, you sure are in for a round trip taking the above route. You would have to drive back from kalpetta towards Kaakavayal to reach your destination.

The distance between Kalpetta and Mananthavaady is roughly about 40 odd kms + Kalpetta to Kaakavayal another 15 kms. Think about it, you are better off driving via gundlupet to your destination.
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Buddy since your destination is Trikkepetta, you sure are in for a round trip taking the above route. You would have to drive back from kalpetta towards Kaakavayal to reach your destination.

The distance between Kalpetta and Mananthavaady is roughly about 40 odd kms + Kalpetta to Kaakavayal another 15 kms. Think about it, you are better off driving via gundlupet to your destination.
rjstyles, thanks. I wasn't sure if the hunsur option was a good one. That is why I asked for suggestions. End of the day I have decide to stick to Gundlupet route.
Old 24th December 2008, 03:45   #22

Thanks a million CSenthil. That certainly helps

Rajan
Old 5th January 2009, 14:53   #23
BHPian

Thanks a Ton

CSentil, hrag, rjstyles, akroy et al., thanks for the excellent inputs. It was a memorable trip - one that my family also enjoyed. Lookout for my travelogue soon.
Old 26th November 2009, 09:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

mysore road to CV raman nagar

Hi I plan to visit Madikeri in first week of Dec. Leaving Bangy early I would probably take the MG rd Corporation circle Mysore road route. But coming back thru the same route would be a nightmare, I think. So could some one help me out with getting back to OMR (behind Big Bazar).
Going thru eicher maps, taking a right onto the outer ring road is a possibility I was thinking of. However there is no NICE road in this map. could using this NICE road help? as i have seen in this post from sdmn quoted below:-

"On the way back, where Mysore road ends, it is possible to get back into Nice road and get into Kanakapura road (I did not know how to before). Where Mysore road kind of ends, and you see a bridge to the left (to Kengeri) and an arch straight ahead leading straight into Bangalore, take a U turn (Yes, back to the Mysore direction). You will soon see the exit to your left that takes you back into Nice road. Then follow the signs for Kanakapura road, and you can take the same route back too!

Of course, once you are in Nice road, you can go to Electronic city or Bannerghata road too if that is your desination."
Old 26th November 2009, 10:34   #25
1001bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
csentil,

Buddy my sincere opinion would be to stick to the Gundalpet route.Its the quickest way to reach Wayanad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Hi I plan to visit Madikeri in first week of Dec. Leaving Bangy early I would probably take the MG rd Corporation circle Mysore road route. But coming back thru the same route would be a nightmare, I think. So could some one help me out with getting back to OMR (behind Big Bazar).
Going thru eicher maps, taking a right onto the outer ring road is a possibility I was thinking of. However there is no NICE road in this map. could using this NICE road help? as i have seen in this post from sdmn quoted below:-
Buddy coming thru the city itself would be the best option as during peak traffic even the outer ring road is nothig better(Saying this out of my own experience).And i don think taking Nice road would be of any help as it does not come anywhere near OMR.

Last edited by 1001bhp : 26th November 2009 at 10:46.

Old 26th November 2009, 10:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thought of :- NICE road to Hosur road then turn left on Hosur rd and right onto ORR on to Hanging bridge then Big bazar. Longer but perhaps faster at about 2 - 3 o'clock in the afternoon???
Old 26th November 2009, 11:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post

"On the way back, where Mysore road ends, it is possible to get back into Nice road and get into Kanakapura road (I did not know how to before). Where Mysore road kind of ends, and you see a bridge to the left (to Kengeri) and an arch straight ahead leading straight into Bangalore, take a U turn (Yes, back to the Mysore direction). You will soon see the exit to your left that takes you back into Nice road. Then follow the signs for Kanakapura road, and you can take the same route back too!

Of course, once you are in Nice road, you can go to Electronic city or Bannerghata road too if that is your desination."
Even at 6:00 AM, NICE road will connect you to Mysore road faster than any other road. From CV Raman Nagar, take old airport road towards city, take left at Indiranagar flyover to connect to Inner ring road which will connect you to Koramanagala. From there either use Hosur Road or Bannerghatta Road to join NICE road. You can do the vise versa while returning back home.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:58   #28
Team-BHP Support

If its 6AM in the morning, take the Bannerghatta entry to NICE. That would help avoid the detour around Gottegere village from the Hosur road side.

So route should be :

OMR -> Diamond District -> IRR -> Koramanagala 80 feet road -> Silk Board -> ORR -> Bannerghatta Road (Jayadeva) -> NICE
Old 27th November 2009, 09:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If its 6AM in the morning, take the Bannerghatta entry to NICE. That would help avoid the detour around Gottegere village from the Hosur road side.

So route should be :

OMR -> Diamond District -> IRR -> Koramanagala 80 feet road -> Silk Board -> ORR -> Bannerghatta Road (Jayadeva) -> NICE
Thanks guys. I have finalised

OMR -> IRR -> Hosur rd-> NICE -> Mysore Rd.

should be about 44 km and 60 min or so. never been on nice rd so far so will be first time. getting to banarghatta rd would confuse me but on the other hand would be 34 km.

Last edited by goandude : 27th November 2009 at 09:42.
Old 27th November 2009, 15:11   #30
BHPian

Good choice . NICE Road was very good to pay Rs 30 Toll , the smoothness of the road is gone but still you can drive fast without much traffic and hit the Mysore Road. I had been through that road 2 weeks back and it still worth the toll if you look at the time that you save .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks