Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 23:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Ooty

Congrats @dre@ams. Hope you had fun. Do update us on the road conditions and the precise route you took.
Old 2nd October 2014, 18:32   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Congratulations on completing the journey successfully. Delay due to Google maps? Which part of the journey confused you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats @dre@ams. Hope you had fun. Do update us on the road conditions and the precise route you took.
Way to NICE road. Heavy traffic in bangalore at 12, accidentally took the Hosur road. Google rerouted and we missed the right on top of the bridge. This lead us into the bangalore city to reach mysore road, which was in shambles. And to worse things, that route had speed breakers every half KM. It was a nightmare drive. Dont ever take this route.
Hyderabad to bangalore was a breeze to drive. Mysore to Ooty was thrill filled, and that too the drive inside the forests in the night. Special mention to the 36 hair pin route in that pitch dark night and that too with just a couple of other vehicles coming down and going up. Till we hit the first hair pin bend, wifey and me were very silent in fear how would the bends would be. But once we took the first bend, there was a huge relief and in flat 20 minutes we completed the 36. More to come as i am now enjoying the cool weather in Ooty. The queen of hills, literally!!!
Old 2nd October 2014, 19:39   #78
Team-BHP Support

I told you not to get into Bangalore and take the Hassan highway via Devanahalli and Nelamangala. You should have been at ooty by 6:30.
Bangalore is chaotic. Mysore road even more so.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd October 2014 at 19:40.
Old 2nd October 2014, 19:53   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I told you not to get into Bangalore and take the Hassan highway via Devanahalli and Nelamangala. You should have been at ooty by 6:30.
Bangalore is chaotic. Mysore road even more so.
Agree!! But had to take that route due to food options. Moreover the mess made by maps worsened situations.
But 18 hours drive wasn't hectic, thanks to Honda. City is one hell of a cruiser car.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:25   #80
BHPian

Hyderabad to Ooty

Return update:
Took the Gudalur route on Saturday to visit Mudumalai. This route is pathetic and it took 3.5 hours to complete the 59 KMs. Lucky we took the hair pin bend route to Ooty, which is way shorter and less risky. Gudalur to Mudumalai is again in shambles and thanks to unruly drivers, my city couldn't move forward without scrapping her bottom. We had to take this route thrice since we stayed in Gudalur that night.
Sunday by 9 we started and the mudumalai route was empty and manoeuvred city without scrapping.
Had to waste close to 2 hrs in searching for a good hotel and later for lunch.
Took the detour before Mysore and joined SH 17 once again since my relatives had to leave to Vellore via Hosur. This route was completely full with cars returning to bangalore and we reached the NICE junction at Kengeri by 5.30
Started to Hyderabad by 5.40 and reached home by 3.30
It was a nightmarish drive for 18.5 hrs
More on my travelogue.
Thanks to God and all the people in here who sowed confidence in me. Hyderabad to Ooty maiden drive is Successful!!!

Last edited by dre@ms : 7th October 2014 at 11:28.
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks