Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2008, 18:18   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Guys, now roads update.
you have to drive in bihar NH to experience the roads.
Excellent. One of the best roads in this drive.
Hi MJ, its really nice to hear that Bihar has great roads. Hope you guys have taken pictures for later travellogues. This is one gets the award for "Travellogue of 2008"

Hope Hrishi and Khan Bhai are in good spirits!
Old 28th December 2008, 22:12   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hey MJ, you seem to be online most of the time (or whenever I log on). BTW, did you get a chance of driving on the GQs (in Bihar roads) and whom are you with? HVK or Rishi?
Old 28th December 2008, 23:09   #93
Senior - BHPian

This is fantastic progress. Wish to get an update on the unfinished sections of Jharkhand. Is the Parashnath/Dumri bypass complete now or did you have to drive through the town? Wish I could meet you guys but had some family commitments in the evening. Hope Planet made it on time and met you all to convey our best wishes.
Sudipto
PS: High time this thread got a five star rank

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 28th December 2008 at 23:12.
Old 29th December 2008, 07:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

@srini, yes I have logged in from my mobile with remember me option. So, it will be showing online till I have signal or run out of battery

@sudipto, that's fine man. Surya came and met us yesturday. Thanks surya, for taking the pain in managing those kolkatta traffic and coming to meet us.

We had a very special request to him to make srini happy. Yes he should be uploading one pic soon.wondering why its not yet uploaded!!!

Ok, we are about to leave WB and enter Orisa. Started @515am from kolkatta.

Except for that bridge issue mentioned by surya roads are great.
Old 29th December 2008, 09:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

GQ Gang - Kolkata (outskirts) / Howrah - NH6

met the GQ gang on the NH6 at around 10PM??. it was smoggy / cold (Kolkata is a bit warmer than on the NH6 for obvious reasons

waited for around 30-45Mins - in the mean time kept the car on idle. the guys kept on updating their status on the NH6 and soon after:

GQ Drive: Christmas - New Year's Eve-gq-gang-s.jpg

L-R: Ramky, MJothi, Hrag, HVK & Khan_Sultan.

they left after 15 mins - i guess they checked in at The Midway Inn (Sonar Bangla) off the NH6. @ Guys - how was the food and stay? I hope everything was fine??

saw them off - ooops! i left first - took a turn towards the city - had a beer and dinner at a food joint - came home and fell asleep that is why the pic took time appear on the forum.

@ Evo - tried to call you before i left for the NH6 - couldn't get through your number :(

Last edited by planet_rocker : 29th December 2008 at 09:10.
Old 29th December 2008, 09:20   #96
Senior - BHPian

Thanks surya.
We are on NH5 heading Bhuvaneswar. Many stretch here are under construction. Hvk is not fond of odd number and so took NH6 to Mumbai. Hehe. Luckily found it before we are too near to Mumbai
Old 29th December 2008, 10:37   #97
Senior - BHPian

i guess this thread needs to be moved to the travelogue section

@ Jothi - it was good to meet all of you. hope to see you guys soon again. till then take care and drive safe.
Old 29th December 2008, 10:45   #98
Senior - BHPian

Update - Just spoke to these guys, they should be reaching Bhuvaneswar soon..they have done more than 4k kms..they are running approx 6hrs late and plan to halt at some place in AP so that they can reach BLR tomm night...
Old 29th December 2008, 10:54   #99
Senior - BHPian

Considering that they were planning to start from Nellore tomorrow morning, I think they could reach Bangalore tomorrow night if they manage to reach a couple of hundred kms after Vizag. Do let me know guys when you reach Tada so I could catch you guys as you cross Chennai. Since you might be reaching Chennai well beyond the breakfast time we could catch up for some Tea / Coffee & Snacks. Will try to check the Ambattur - Puzhal stretch today so that it could come handy tomorrow if the IRR is crowded, it would allow you guys to go straight to Poonamallee from Avadi.

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 29th December 2008 at 10:55.
Old 29th December 2008, 10:58   #100
Senior - BHPian

@planet rocker: Thanks for the pic.

@mj: Thanks for making me happy. Never imagined that it would happen . We are waiting for you back to Bangalore. Lets have a meet sometime in this week or next week for sharing this experience..what say GQ guys? (MJ pls ask Rishi & Khan whether this is OK with them)
Old 29th December 2008, 11:34   #101
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Planet for making it. I tried to call you at around 9:30 last night. On behalf of the other Calcuttans I thank you. This is why I call you "Jogajog Ratna". Keep it up
Old 29th December 2008, 12:03   #102
Senior - BHPian

@ Sudipto da - my phone was on Silent mode - so couldn't answer your call. sorry :( - when i found out it was too late.

@ Srini (Snaronikar) - no problem man!

@ HVK's scorpio's LHS headlamp is not working - forgot to tell him about it. i think low beam is working on both sides.

@ Hrag's 4x4 looked great.

@ Shahnawaz (hope i spelt it right) - hope to see your S10 whenever i come to bangalore.

@ Jothi - i hope to see you again

@ Ramky Sir - the "polished head" stood out in the cold night (just joking sir)
Old 29th December 2008, 14:18   #103
BHPian

The famous five are taking a five minute break at the magnificient chilka . Starting now and hope to get to somewhere between Vizag and Nellore tonight
Old 29th December 2008, 14:37   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Considering that they were planning to start from Nellore tomorrow morning, I think they could reach Bangalore tomorrow night if they manage to reach a couple of hundred kms after Vizag. Do let me know guys when you reach Tada so I could catch you guys as you cross Chennai. Since you might be reaching Chennai well beyond the breakfast time we could catch up for some Tea / Coffee & Snacks. Will try to check the Ambattur - Puzhal stretch today so that it could come handy tomorrow if the IRR is crowded, it would allow you guys to go straight to Poonamallee from Avadi.
OT: Rishi and MJ are from Chennai itself. They know in and out of this city meaning they know the traffic conditions in Chennai. But anyways, it will be helpful for them with your inputs.
Old 30th December 2008, 03:29   #105
Senior - BHPian

Day 6 update
Started 3am had good chai and heading to chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks