Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2014, 09:19   #31
BHPian

re: Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Orchha-Khajuraho : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Now with this combination which route would you suggest. Ghatampur KHAJURAHO via Jhansi or agra Gwalior shivpuri Jhansi KHAJURAHO route.
I did Khajuraho Delhi in 10 hours way back in 2005 with just one stop of 15 Min in Mathura.
Ghatampur has to be avoided. You have to take a right turn from Bhognipur towards Jhansi. I have not traveled from Bhognipur-Jhansi stretch, so I am not sure just about this part, but have heard that road is decent too.

If I had to go to Khajuraho again, I will take this NH2 route i.e Expressway,etawah,auraiya,bhognipur,jhansi,khajura ho just because of the stress free driving.

But you can check google maps, if the Gwalior route is significantly shorter, then you can take this route too. Just be cautious on Agra-Gwalior-Shivpuri stretch of sudden potholes/bad road patches.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 09:29   #32
BHPian

Thanks for your reply. So is this route going to be different from the one you suggested initially. I mean dose this route would have that toll road you talked about between shiv puri and jhansi?

What would be total time and distance for this route.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Ghatampur has to be avoided. You have to take a right turn from Bhognipur towards Jhansi. I have not traveled from Bhognipur-Jhansi stretch, so I am not sure just about this part, but have heard that road is decent too.

If I had to go to Khajuraho again, I will take this NH2 route i.e Expressway,etawah,auraiya,bhognipur,jhansi,khajura ho just because of the stress free driving.

But you can check google maps, if the Gwalior route is significantly shorter, then you can take this route too. Just be cautious on Agra-Gwalior-Shivpuri stretch of sudden potholes/bad road patches.
Old 21st February 2014, 09:59   #33
BHPian

Checked in google maps and this is what it is showing for various routes :-
1. Gwalior - Shivpuri - Jhansi - Khajuraho - 730km/11 hrs 30 min
2. Delhi - Agra - Bhognipur - Jhansi - Khajuraho - 766kms/11 hours
3. Delhi - Agra - Ghatampur - Mahoba - Khajuraho - 636 km/9 hours

To clear any confusion, now suggest the best one of these. Sorry for bothering you again and again.

You are my best bet at the moment for trouble free trip

Quote:

Old 21st February 2014, 10:43   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Checked in google maps and this is what it is showing for various routes :-
1. Gwalior - Shivpuri - Jhansi - Khajuraho - 730km/11 hrs 30 min
2. Delhi - Agra - Bhognipur - Jhansi - Khajuraho - 766kms/11 hours
3. Delhi - Agra - Ghatampur - Mahoba - Khajuraho - 636 km/9 hours

To clear any confusion, now suggest the best one of these. Sorry for bothering you again and again.

You are my best bet at the moment for trouble free trip
Route No 2 is the one I would suggest you to take.
Route No 1 is the other option you can take as the distance is less.

Route No 3 is the crappiest route possible. Took me around 13 hours on route no 3 which I took because of the google maps. I also had left at 7:00 am.

If you are leaving at 4:00 am then you should definetely reach in around 10 hours from either of route no 2 or route no 1.
And if you always drive in a racing mode, then maybe you can reach in your target time of 8 hours.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 12:13   #35
BHPian

Thanks so much.

I will try both route and update which one of these turned out to be better,safer,faster and the most comfortable one.

Thanks for all your help and guidance.

Best Regards

Quote:
Route No 2 is the one I would suggest you to take.
Route No 1 is the other option you can take as the distance is less.

Route No 3 is the crappiest route possible. Took me around 13 hours on route no 3 which I took because of the google maps. I also had left at 7:00 am.

If you are leaving at 4:00 am then you should definetely reach in around 10 hours from either of route no 2 or route no 1.
And if you always drive in a racing mode, then maybe you can reach in your target time of 8 hours.
Old 22nd February 2014, 20:49   #36
BHPian

Hi Ankit,

I have found one more option that has very less bad patch and faster then the three options I had listed earlier. This new route is

Delh - Agra - Bhognipur - Orai - Rath - Harpalpur - Chhatarpur - Khajuraho

As per google - 689 km - 10.30 hour.

Now this looks interesting. I am trying to get the ground level report of this route and would update soon.

Thanks.

Quote:

Old 26th February 2014, 12:18   #37
BHPian

Everything was going on fine today till I reached kalpi. Have got stuck in a jam and I am stuck here since last 3 hours. Would take a another two hour to get out of this jam.
A good start to the journey wasted....

Will update more later.

Quote:
Hi Ankit,

I have found one more option that has very less bad patch and faster then the three options I had listed earlier. This new route is

Delh - Agra - Bhognipur - Orai - Rath - Harpalpur - Chhatarpur - Khajuraho

As per google - 689 km - 10.30 hour.

Now this looks interesting. I am trying to get the ground level report of this route and would update soon.

Thanks.
Old 9th June 2014, 15:33   #38
BHPian

Just did delhi-gwalior and back on this weekend. The trick is to take yamuna expressway till mathura, then get down and join in the national highway. On that route one get to see the gwalior bypass route/road sign. Take that road, its decent for a big stretch, and one avoids getting into the Agra traffic/city. This route is significantly shorter to reach jhansi, than the etawah-auraiya-bhognipur route.
Old 4th November 2014, 02:12   #39
BHPian

Has anyone done this route in the recent past? I am planning a Khajuraho visit from Delhi. And wanted to know if I should stick to Agra - Gwalior - Jhansi - Khajuraho OR experiment with Agra - Ghatampur - Mahoba - Chhatarpur - Khajuraho. Any leads would be really appreciated!
Old 4th November 2014, 10:51   #40
BANNED

What is the status of NH75 (NS corridor) between Gwalior and Jhansi?
Old 4th November 2014, 12:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
Has anyone done this route in the recent past? I am planning a Khajuraho visit from Delhi. And wanted to know if I should stick to Agra - Gwalior - Jhansi - Khajuraho OR experiment with Agra - Ghatampur - Mahoba - Chhatarpur - Khajuraho. Any leads would be really appreciated!
Avoid Ghatampur at all costs. The stretch was in a very big mess which I don't think would have been resolved within 10 months. (I traveled in January).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
What is the status of NH75 (NS corridor) between Gwalior and Jhansi?
My Jhansi friend says that the Gwalior-Jhansi road is now in a driveable state.
Old 4th November 2014, 14:00   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Avoid Ghatampur at all costs. The stretch was in a very big mess which I don't think would have been resolved within 10 months. (I traveled in January).

My Jhansi friend says that the Gwalior-Jhansi road is now in a driveable state.
Thanks a ton. Planning to go via Gwalior - Jhansi then. Shall update the conditions soon myself.
Old 10th November 2014, 16:44   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
Thanks a ton. Planning to go via Gwalior - Jhansi then. Shall update the conditions soon myself.
Hi,

I am planning to to drive from Jaipur to Orchha on Dec 25th and google is suggesting following route. Request all who have travelled earlier to suggest which would be the best route in terms of road conditions. I will be in Safari.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Orchha-Khajuraho : Route Queries-jaipur-orchha.jpg  

Old 11th November 2014, 15:12   #44

Quote:
Everything was going on fine today till I reached kalpi. Have got stuck in a jam and I am stuck here since last 3 hours. Would take a another two hour to get out of this jam.
A good start to the journey wasted....

Will update more later.

Hi Mate - any update on the route. i am planing to take the same in first week of December.

Delhi - Ethawa - Bhojnipur - orai - rath - khajuraho....

around 665kms and hoping to cover it in 10 hrs on a motorcycle (considering by leaving at 5:00 and hoping that there are no issues with fog)
Old 21st November 2014, 01:02   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
Hi,

I am planning to to drive from Jaipur to Orchha on Dec 25th and google is suggesting following route. Request all who have travelled earlier to suggest which would be the best route in terms of road conditions. I will be in Safari.
Hey Sunit, my trip got cancelled due to some reasons. I guess now you would be able to let us know better once you are back. Have a nice trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks