Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 07:09   #61
BHPian

re: Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Orchha-Khajuraho : Route Queries

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2016 at 16:44.
ntomer is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th January 2016, 08:13   #62
BANNED

I wouuld not try the badlands at night. I have done the Kanpur-Etawah-Bhind-Gwalior as well as Kanpur-Jhansi-Gwalior umpteen times. My wife is from Gwalior and my daughter did her law from Gwalior. I still try and avoid night driving in the 'badlands' at all costs.
Old 22nd January 2016, 23:22   #63
BHPian

i am planning to go to Neemarana, Deo Garh from Noida via YEW on 24th January. Planning to start at 9am and reaching deogarh at 3PM. Please update about
1. Condition of roads
2. Law and order
3. how to avoid agra city traffic mess? (someone mentioned take a cut before reaching agra. please elaborate)
4. Time required
5. anything to watch for?
thanks in advance
Old 23rd January 2016, 10:09   #64
BANNED

Both Deogarh and Neemrana are in Rajasthan, so why look at the Gwalior route. I think you are either confused or in the wrong thread. Neemrana is on the NH8,ie Delhi-Jaipur highway.
Old 24th January 2016, 11:33   #65
BHPian

Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Orchha-Khajuraho

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
I need inputs on a) road surface conditions, b) traffic density and if possible c) any law & order/safety points that I should bear in mind, on the following routes:

I recently (in June 2015) did the #2 route above till Agra. The route is good. We were in Orchha at lunch time and if I remember correctly reached Agra before evening. Quite safe at least during the day. I normally avoid driving during night time especially looking at the notoriety of the region

Last edited by ampere : 7th January 2020 at 09:42. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 28th January 2016, 00:35   #66
BHPian

Any updates on my three routes as posted above, on 6th Jan?
Old 27th March 2016, 18:09   #67

I am planning a road trip by car from Delhi to Bhopal via Jhansi (AH43). Does anyone know the current road condition, as when I drove last from Bhopal to Delhi in 2013 the road was horrible between Babina till Gwalior. But some road construction work was being undertaken on the Asian Highway-43.
Old 25th February 2017, 00:51   #68
MSA

Delhi to Khajuraho - Via Gwalior or Kanpur?

Delhi - Panna - Delhi

With the Holi weekend ahead, I am planning a Delhi - Panna - Delhi trip (XUV) with my mom. I noticed that there is an old thread from 2008 on Delhi - Orchha - Khajurao. However, that doesn't answer Kanpur v. Gwalior question.

I have done Delhi - Gwalior - Delhi and am familiar with that route.

I have also done Delhi to Allahabad and remember the road as being mostly decent - except for a small stretch after Agra. But beyond Kanpur, I have no idea.

The plan is to leave early morning on a Friday via Expressway. Google maps provides an alternate route via Kanpur.

So my question is - in early to mid March - is Delhi - Kanpur - Khajuraho (12 hrs on Google Maps) better / worth considering or should i stick to Delhi - Gwalior - Khajuraho (11 hours Google Maps)?

I'm expecting a whole day of driving and have 2 additional days in Khajuraho - so am fine with the fairly hectic driving schedule. Only question is - which route is better?

Also - other things being equal (and since I like to drive and explore!), can I anyway do Delhi - Kanpur - Khajuraho, if roads are generally decent, since, I get to see more of India this way?

(Moderators - am starting a new thread since the question is different and the 2008 thread stopped in 2016 - hope this is fine!)

All help is appreciated!

MSA
MSA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:15   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,

am planning to drive from Delhi to Gwalior next weekend. Any updates on teh current road conditions post agra.

thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 07:00   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Hi Folks,

am planning to drive from Delhi to Gwalior next weekend. Any updates on teh current road conditions post agra.

thanks
Its good till Gwalior. But you will encounter some traffic while crossing towns.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 15:15   #71
BHPian

Planning to Visit Jhansi/Orchcha in Dec, 2017 around X-mas. Will be driving from Gwalior. Need Help on below

- How many days required for both these locations (3 full days ? )
- Where to Stay (Jhansi or Orchcha ? or Both places)
- Must Visit Places.

I read sir SGIITK mentioning about no night driving. Is it still not safe in the Hindi heartland

Thank you...
Old 6th January 2020, 22:27   #72
BHPian

Re: Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Orchha-Khajuraho : Route Queries

I completed a trip to Madhya Pradesh covering Khajuraho, Jabalpur and Gwalior. So let me update the condition of this route as of December 2019. And even though this thread is for Khajuraho only, I am updating the condition of the road till Jabalpur and from Jabalpur till Jhansi so that it may benefit anyone planning a road trip in MP from Delhi.

Delhi to Agra is via Yamuna expressway. Excellent road but trucks tend to drive in the 100 KMPH lane, so be alert, specially during night/fog.
Agra to Gwalior: Road condition is good but traffic is terrible. Be prepared to waste a lot of time in Morena as a long flyover is being constructed there which does not look likely to be completed within 1 year. There are many other diversions due to ongoing expansion activities. Lots of unruly bikers, stray cattle on this stretch.
Gwalior to Jhansi: Traffic is a tad better. Other conditions remain the same.
Jhansi to Khajuraho: I went by the Mauranipur Chattarpur route and the road conditions were just pathetic on this stretch. Right after crossing Orchha, tarmac quality takes a sharp dip. The roads are mostly double laned and traffic is heavy. It will take more than 5 hours to cross this less than 200KM stretch. Although you will find stretches of good tarmac, for the most part this stretch will be the most taxing on you and your vehicle.

Khajuraho to Bedaghat(Jabalpur): Twisty roads with excellent tarmac till you cross Panna forest. After that the road condition deteriorates and traffic increases. For a 20KM (approx) stretch before Pawai, there is no tarmac. After that the road condition improves marginally till you reach Katni. From Katni till Jabalpur, you will get a tolled NH with excellent tarmac. Although beware, I saw lots of cattle lounging on the road, far more than I saw on the Agra Jhansi stretch.

Jabalpur to Jhansi: Double lane roads with heavy traffic but the tarmac is okay. Some stretches pass through forests and are single lane, so be prepared to go off road in the face of oncoming traffic. I believe I enjoyed this drive the most. After crossing Sagar, you will again get a tolled NH with excellent tarmac for around 200KM till Jhansi. But here as well, watch out for cattle.
avi_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 12:36   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Orchha-Khajuraho : Route Queries

Anyone have any idea of car/bike rental options in Jhansi or Gwalior. Would like to do a trip post-monsoon this year covering Jhansi, Panna, Orchha, and Khajuraho.

One option is to drive our car there from Bangalore and back. Another option is to send my bike by train to Jhansi, fly to Delhi, take the train to Jhansi, pick up the bike, cover all the places by bike and then send the bike back by train to Bangalore.

But if there are reliable car/bike rental options at either Jhansi or Gwalior, could consider those. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks