Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:57   #1
BHPian

Off to Goa on new year!! Query on Route & Places to Stay

Guys, I'll be off to Goa for 4 days during the new year. The route details have been finalized after going through almost every thread about Goa trip on T-BHP . The onward route will be via Shimoga, Jog, Honnavar, and backward via NH4. I want to complate the onward journey in 2 days mainly because I want to reach Goa before 31st evening, and not be much tired of full journey that day. I plan to leave bangalore by 30th afternoon and take a halt somewhere midway. Shimoga I think is a better place to take a halt. Guys I need details about some decent places for night halt, as my wife will be accompanying me. Also how much time will it take to reach Shimoga if I leave home by 3PM, I stay at HSR layout btw.
One more thing, will it be a nice idea to take NICE road from Hosur road for Tumkur road, as I have no idea about the route to Tumkur road through the city. For me it's either going to be ORR or NICE road.
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:31   #2
BHPian

There is another thread going on here by Deepakvrao. Please check the thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...goa-route.html
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
There is another thread going on here by Deepakvrao. Please check the thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...goa-route.html
Yeah I've seen that thread. But I want specific info about the places to halt enroute.
Old 24th December 2008, 00:39   #4
BHPian

No replies... Guys please help me out in this...
Old 24th December 2008, 08:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Read my Goa travelogue, follow that route (never try the NH206 route)

Also go through Snaronikar's Goa travelogue a few months back

You can try both the routes mentioned in our travelogues (one for going and other for return). If there is any specific query after reading them then you can post it then

Abhi
Old 24th December 2008, 11:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Guys, I'll be off to Goa for 4 days during the new year. The route details have been finalized after going through almost every thread about Goa trip on T-BHP . The onward route will be via Shimoga, Jog, Honnavar, and backward via NH4. I want to complate the onward journey in 2 days mainly because I want to reach Goa before 31st evening, and not be much tired of full journey that day. I plan to leave bangalore by 30th afternoon and take a halt somewhere midway. Shimoga I think is a better place to take a halt. Guys I need details about some decent places for night halt, as my wife will be accompanying me. Also how much time will it take to reach Shimoga if I leave home by 3PM, I stay at HSR layout btw.
One more thing, will it be a nice idea to take NICE road from Hosur road for Tumkur road, as I have no idea about the route to Tumkur road through the city. For me it's either going to be ORR or NICE road.
Bangalore - Shimoga will be approximately 4.5 hrs by driving.
For accomodation in Shimoga I would suggest you Hotel Jewel Rock
Price ranges from 600-1000Rs(AC) for double occupany. It's the most decent hotel you'll find in Shimoga, Pls get an advance booking done.
From Shimoga - to Goa is almost 5-6hrs of drive Via honnavar, Karwar
Old 24th December 2008, 12:04   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Which ever route you take to reach Goa :

Security has been upped. You are going to be asked & checked at multiple points. This definitely for most out-of-state vehicles, unless you are driving a KA-30 or a KA-31 registered vehicle. Chances are also good if you are driving a Maharashtra registered vehicle.

Remember to carry all your papers, in original.

p.s: just did a quick drive-through from Karwar, upto Palolem beach. Were stopped even on the way to the beach, even with a KA-30 registered vehicle (Karwar / local).
Old 26th December 2008, 11:07   #8
BHPian

Thanks Abhi!! I got the info what I needed!!
One more thing guys, the route within Bangalore for Tumkur road? Should I take NICE road or ORR to reach Tumkur road from HSR Layout?? I've no idea about the internal city route, nor I want to try it... will waste much time!!

Quote:

Which ever route you take to reach Goa :

Security has been upped. You are going to be asked & checked at multiple points. This definitely for most out-of-state vehicles, unless you are driving a KA-30 or a KA-31 registered vehicle. Chances are also good if you are driving a Maharashtra registered vehicle.

Remember to carry all your papers, in original.

p.s: just did a quick drive-through from Karwar, upto Palolem beach. Were stopped even on the way to the beach, even with a KA-30 registered vehicle (Karwar / local).
Thanks for the info... mine is out of state car and I'll take care of this!!
Old 26th December 2008, 23:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Just got back from goa, very sad to see itin this state.
All beach parties cancelled. businesses are down. no where close to what it used to be.

All hotels are giving extremely good deals.
Old 27th December 2008, 20:51   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Thanks Abhi!! I got the info what I needed!!
One more thing guys, the route within Bangalore for Tumkur road? Should I take NICE road or ORR to reach Tumkur road from HSR Layout?? I've no idea about the internal city route, nor I want to try it... will waste much time!!

Thanks for the info... mine is out of state car and I'll take care of this!!
There is a lot of construction being done on tumkur road. I think its better to take NICE so that you reach Tumkur road almost outside the city, and avoid all the congestion. Have a nice time.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:04   #11
BHPian

Guys completed the trip successfully... my longest drive till date 1650kms!! :-)
Awesome drive!! Will post the details soon!!
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Places to stay in Goa during December end

Could you suggest some reasonably priced places to stay in Goa? Will be there during Sunburn (27,28,29 Dec) and online searches show that most places are booked or too expensive.

Thanks,
Jag

@Mods, I remember there is a thread related to hotels and accommodation, but I am not able to find it . Please feel free to merge.
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:11   #13
BHPian

I guess Goa would be damn crowded during that time.But you can always go reach there and find some or the other accomodation.Last time we went there during this time and spoke to an auto wala and he took us to a house nearby calangute beach and we got 2 a/c rooms for 700 per day
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:42   #14
BHPian

Good thread at the right time. i have heard rents of 5 star hotel suites going over one lakh rupees per day in Goa during the cristmas new year season so also the rents of budget hotels and medium budget hotels also go several folds high during this season. so feed back from Goan and nearby bhpians and people having idea about the subject during this season will be of great help to the fellow bhpians.
Old 3rd December 2009, 23:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
I guess Goa would be damn crowded during that time.But you can always go reach there and find some or the other accomodation.Last time we went there during this time and spoke to an auto wala and he took us to a house nearby calangute beach and we got 2 a/c rooms for 700 per day
700Rs/day is damn cheap during this time of the year.Do you remember the name of the hotel by any chance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks