Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 12:31   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Please stay away from Londa, especially after monsoons as that stretch will become 'God's own Crater" as i said in some other thread as well.
I second that! The memories are still traumatic - & I've seen some really bad roads..
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Karwar-Panjim stretch has been reported as excellent on some other threads.NH17 is bad at some places but Karwar-Panaji is still in excellent shape.Went a fair distance myself on this route a few days back and it really didnt look like it would go bad.

The other option for you would be to drive along NH4 from Hubli till Belgaum and take the Belgaum-Amboli road and reach Panaji via Amboli-S'wadi.Roads are good.If North Goa is your destination,then this is a good option.Distance wise both the routes are more or less the same-a few 10kms give or take.The only advantage I see is that you could drive along NH4 for a fair distance on this route and hence better speeds.
Thanks Ranjit. My plan is to cover Hampi and then drive to Jog Falls on day 3 and then return via Badami and Bijapur. We'll be resting for the night after Jog Falls at Sirsi, near Yellapur.
Depending on the mood, we might branch off to Karwar and South Goa, and skip Badami. In that case we'll return via N Goa and Amboli ghat--the same route you took. Let's see how it goes.
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Here is the road update to Hospet/ Hampi

Thanks to all you guys, we finally did the trip via Raichur last Saturday. The roads were quite decent, and we could cover the 380 kms to Hotel Malligi at Hospet in 6 hours (apart from half hour breakfast time).

Here is a detailed update:-
  1. Hyd to Jadcherla---superb 4 laned NH 7. We need to turn right towards Mehbubnagar here.
  2. Jadcherla to Mehbubnagar---good road.
  3. Mehbubnagar to Raichur---good road, with very few bad patches of less than 1 to 2 kms length--can drive in 4th gear on those stretches.
  4. Raichur to Sindnur and Gangavati---great road with sparse traffic. However, there are monstrous speed-breakers over a 1 km stretch after Raichur---2 at a time, and around 16 in total. Had to take them diagonally to avoid scraping the underbelly of the car.
  5. Gangavati to Hospet---bad roads, can drive mostly in 2nd and 3 gear on this 30 km stretch. Lots of trucks on this route.
Old 16th October 2009, 23:02   #19
BHPian

Any update on the road condition between Mahabubnagar and Hampi after the recent floods?

I am in Mahabunagar now for diwali and have time on sun/mon.

Thinking of a quick trip from Mahbubnagar to Hampi on Sun morning and return on Mon evening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks