Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 19:02   #1
BHPian

Machilipatnam to Narsapur - shortest route?

Hi,

I am plannig a road trip across coastal belt of Andhrapradesh during Sankranthi/Pongal holidays. I do know that the conventional route for reaching Narsapur from Machilipatnam is via Gudivada-Kaikaluru-Bhimavaram. I am sure of saving of a lot of distance if I can take Machilipatnam-Narsapur route via Bantumilli and Gollapalem (not very sure).

So my question is what is the shortest route between Bantumilli and Narsapur (this route will probably take me to the very edge of Krishna-Godavari delta).
Old 19th January 2024, 06:56   #2

Re: Machilipatnam to Narsapur - shortest route?

I know this is a too late post for this question but for posterity, I'd like to intimate that I drove on the NH216 connecting Machilipatnam and Narsapur. I was driving from Bhimavaram to Hyderabad and chose to connect with NH 65 at its beginning because the road from Bhimavaram to Eluru was just horrifying! Joined NH216 near Losari.

Anyway, the NH was probably not there when this was initially posted but the route is now great and was a breeze between the two cities/ towns. It was as close to the coast as possible too. Amazing views of coconut trees and vast expanses of rice farms. The drive was just beautiful. Wife took some videos on our dji, will post as soon as she transfers.

Most Viewed