Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 14:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Need Suggestion for Weekend holiday in Delhi.

Looking for a decent hotel to stay in Delhi for weekend time pass trips with family. Delhi being so close to Jaipur gives a nice option to spend weekends and do some fun and shopping.

Anyone know any guest house or budget hotel in good locality? I would like to get suggestions for good staying options in price maximum Rs: 3000 or less in South of Delhi (like chanakyapuri, Defence col Vasant kunj etc..). Not at all interested in staying in karol bagh, CP or paharganj etc.

Also where should I go in Delhi to find good accessories for my car?
Old 6th January 2009, 15:18   #2
BHPian

Google "Bread and breakfast in Delhi" and you will have a lot of options.
Old 6th January 2009, 17:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ya I know about google. But you know I want personal references. I don't want to do hit and trial with several ones. If you ask me for Jaipur, out of the hundreds available on Google I can direct you to just 1 or 2 which I know, you'll like most.

So guys anyone?

@WanderNormad - Its "Bed and breakfast" not Bread..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 6th January 2009 at 17:48.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:45   #4
BHPian

Yeah of course its bed and breakfast only, its not a typo but I was in a hurry as was getting late for an appointment so was kinda hassled (its rightly said that never let your computer know you are in a hurry).

As for google, I mentioned it because a lot of people arent aware of this concept and invariably search for a hotel. I tried to google one such place whose review I had read somewhere but couldnt find it in hurry that time.

The best inputs can come from Non Delhiites who have used such facilities on their visit to the capital.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Looking for a decent hotel to stay in Delhi for weekend time pass trips with family. Delhi being so close to Jaipur gives a nice option to spend weekends and do some fun and shopping.

Anyone know any guest house or budget hotel in good locality? I would like to get suggestions for good staying options in price maximum Rs: 3000 or less in South of Delhi (like chanakyapuri, Defence col Vasant kunj etc..). Not at all interested in staying in karol bagh, CP or paharganj etc.

See if you want good stay with Family I would suggest to look at some Guest houses in Gurgaon. You will get good food and nice priced rooms too.
Old 6th January 2009, 19:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post

For Car accessories, try Karol Bagh.
What type of accessories are you looking for.

For room i would suggest you to even try some guest houses in CP.

Your best bet for information is just dial

Dial 011-22222222 and ask them for hotels in your budget
Old 6th January 2009, 20:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lajpat nagar market
Driven - East of kailash
Gyro - Motibagh petrol pump
Old 8th August 2023, 23:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need Suggestion for Weekend holiday in Delhi.

Visiting Delhi for a short trip. Basically have 1.5 days in Delhi. Visiting the city for the first time and interested to see the major tourist spots (may be use the Delhi Govt run Day tour package) on one fothe full day and use the other .5 day for self hang out, so where exactly should I find a hotel? Probably a place that is accessible easily to Nizamuddin Railway Station.
Old 8th August 2023, 23:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
So where exactly should I find a hotel? Probably a place that is accessible easily to Nizamuddin Railway Station.
Since you want to be closer to the Nizamuddin Railway Station, you could look up a good hotel in Sunder Nagar, which is within a 10 minute drive from the station. The place has nice eateries - Nathu's - and is quite close to the India Gate, CP, Humayun's Tomb, and Lodhi Garden - which could be visited in that order.

You will have plenty of options to eat, shop, and explore in CP, which has F&B outlets open till late in the night. This should be enough for a day-and-a-half-long stay in the capital, and will give you a good sense of the Delhi vibe.

Enjoy!
forester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 08:51   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Visiting Delhi for a short trip. Basically have 1.5 days in Delhi. Visiting the city for the first time and interested to see the major tourist spots (may be use the Delhi Govt run Day tour package) on one fothe full day and use the other .5 day for self hang out, so where exactly should I find a hotel? Probably a place that is accessible easily to Nizamuddin Railway Station.
No place better in Delhi. This is in the heart of Prithviraj Road. Worth every naya paisa!
Attached Thumbnails
Need Suggestion for Weekend holiday in Delhi.-img_4223.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks