Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2014, 10:04   #481
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Calicut : Route Queries

Will be driving down to Tirur tomorrow morning (25th) starting around 7 AM. As there is a young child travelling, planning to take Mysore road, considering food and nappy breaks. Keeping fingers crossed about the traffic in Mysore road tomorrow.
Old 24th December 2014, 10:45   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Will be driving down to Tirur tomorrow morning (25th) starting around 7 AM. As there is a young child travelling, planning to take Mysore road, considering food and nappy breaks. Keeping fingers crossed about the traffic in Mysore road tomorrow.
Very true. Tomorrow morning will have a lot of traffic in Mysore road. I plan to start at 4am. Waiting for Rajeevraj's update on Mysore - nanjangaud section before making final call. 4 am start will allow me to cover this section in day light.
Old 24th December 2014, 13:11   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Very true. Tomorrow morning will have a lot of traffic in Mysore road. I plan to start at 4am. Waiting for Rajeevraj's update on Mysore - nanjangaud section before making final call. 4 am start will allow me to cover this section in day light.
Here is the update. Mysore nanjangud stretch is fine. It is mostly rough due to the missing top most layer of tar in many places. But 2-3 big potholes I had noticed earlier seemed to have been patched and no issues maintaining any kind of speed. Nanjangud gundlepet continues through to be very good. Lots of trees have been cut.

I left at 4.15 from Belandur. Mysore road traffic was slightly more than I usually encounter at that time. But nothing major.

I also assumed that all bad sections in the churam area had been patched. But there are 2 3 small potholed stretches couple of km before the churam. Took me by surprise.

As usual crazy traffic after kalpetta.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 10:32   #484
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know what is the road condition between T Narasipur and Nanjangud? Thinking of taking this instead of T Narsipur, Chamrajnagar, Gundlupet on my way to Ooty. Both are about 69 kms so wondering which is the better road surface.
Old 26th December 2014, 12:24   #485
Senior - BHPian

Traveled to CLT y'day. 4.07 AM start from Whitefield, 4.52@ Mysore road nice road jn via city, 6.27 mysore, 7.37 Gundlupet for breakfast and reached home @11.05am. Nothing much to add in terms of road conditions other than Rajeevraj updated.

I utilized the GPS coordinates of mysore road humps imported as custom POI in my Sygic and it worked beautifully warning me about upcoming humps. First time I drove to CLT without last minute panic braking !!!
arjithin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 12:27   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Anyone know what is the road condition between T Narasipur and Nanjangud? Thinking of taking this instead of T Narsipur, Chamrajnagar, Gundlupet on my way to Ooty. Both are about 69 kms so wondering which is the better road surface.
I had reported on the road conditions a couple of weeks ago :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3597351

My preference would be for the route via Chamarajnagar for (a) Better overall road quality (no real broken stretches) (b) Lower traffic (Nanjangud-Gundlupet traffic is quite heavy) and (c) Very few speedbreakers
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 13:13   #487
Senior - BHPian

Need an urgent update on the kanakapura-malvalli-kollegal-chamrajnagar-gundlepet route.
I will be leaving now and needed to know if there is any blocks or issues on this route since it is an emergency trip.

Any inputs are appreciated.
Old 26th December 2014, 13:40   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage
I was on the Kanakpura road yesterday took the Malavalli - T Narsipura road via the Marehalli Lake and Belakvadi road, other than 2 small patches of bad roads (less than 200 mts each but low GC sedans will find it difficult my accent could take it with ease) and the the narrow bridge joining to the T Narsipura main over bridge road, the route is scenic and excellent to drive only downside is its narrow, when i travelled there was average vehicle movement so it was ok to navigate.Reached Santhemarahalli Junction from TNpura and from there it was a breeze to Chamrajnagar (Wider roads).

Route link
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/12...1471!3e0?hl=en

This road is in good condition but there is a diversion reported by others few posts back.

Please find above recent update on diversion.

Last edited by coolclouds : 26th December 2014 at 13:42.
Old 26th December 2014, 14:35   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I utilized the GPS coordinates of mysore road humps imported as custom POI in my Sygic and it worked beautifully warning me about upcoming humps. First time I drove to CLT without last minute panic braking !!!
Good idea ! Do you have this data available in some format that can be shared online ?
Old 26th December 2014, 17:26   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Good idea ! Do you have this data available in some format that can be shared online ?
here are the details. I can share the .rupi files if you are interested (after reaching back Bangalore). you need to do step 4 and 5.

My list is 95% upto date; i noticed that few in the list are now removed and 2 new are added (both are close to Srirangapatanam)

Last edited by arjithin : 26th December 2014 at 17:29.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 20:32   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
here are the details. I can share the .rupi files if you are interested (after reaching back Bangalore). you need to do step 4 and 5.

My list is 95% upto date; i noticed that few in the list are now removed and 2 new are added (both are close to Srirangapatanam)
Similar to this, do you have the (Kerala) speed camera locations as well?
Earlier some application was there but not updated I think.
Old 26th December 2014, 22:34   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Similar to this, do you have the (Kerala) speed camera locations as well?
Earlier some application was there but not updated I think.
I was told Trapster does have most speed camera locations even in Kerala. Never used it myself, so not sure how accurate it is.
Old 27th December 2014, 10:19   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen few posts about mapping camera locations in other thread (all roads to Kerala) long back, dont think it was shared / updated later. However I guess there are no camera traps on Bangalore - Calicut route apart from one permanent camera just on outskirts of Mysore and a interceptor which appears sometimes near Mandya.
Old 27th December 2014, 14:08   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I have seen few posts about mapping camera locations in other thread (all roads to Kerala) long back, dont think it was shared / updated later. However I guess there are no camera traps on Bangalore - Calicut route apart from one permanent camera just on outskirts of Mysore and a interceptor which appears sometimes near Mandya.
On a related note forgot to mention, there was a highway patrol just outside the forest when I drove on 24th. They had stopped a bunch of bikers ( I think most were the over speeding helmetless joy riders from bathery side) .
Old 30th December 2014, 11:10   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
On a related note forgot to mention, there was a highway patrol just outside the forest when I drove on 24th. They had stopped a bunch of bikers ( I think most were the over speeding helmetless joy riders from bathery side) .
Just outside the forest on the Kerala side ? If that is the one you are referring to, they are more or less a permanent fixture between Bathery and Muthanga (and sometimes between Bathery and Kalpetta).

But I don't think they are equipped with speed checking equipment - more into checking of papers.

By the way an update on the T.Narsipur-Chamarajnagar stretch : The road construction work that I referred to briefly in a message a few days ago (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3607237) has become more active and two stretches about a km north of Santhamarahalli have become gravel only (They had dug up only half the road earier, but now extended to the entire width). The first one is about 1km long and the other one only about 50 metres. Still drivable, but an irritant nevertheless.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks