Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 10:46   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore - Badami : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Day-1: Start from Bangalore @4.30 AM and reach Clarks inn, Badami by by 1 PM. Have lunch and tour Badami till evening.
Day-2: Checkout @7.30 AM. Cover Pattadakal- Aihole and reach Hospet (via Hungund, Kushtagi) by noon. Checkin @ Royal Orchid and walk around Hampi in evening if possible.
This may be possible, but seems extremely hectic. You may want to give Badami another day if possible? Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Chitradurga-Hospet despite the road widening work and speed breakers is still manageable from my experience as well as recent reports here, but don't know the conditions beyond Hospet to Badami.
I was thinking the same. So I checked the difference. Its hardly 50km over all. And in return its 100km of 2-Lane Vs 250 of 2-Lane. If you take the Chitradurga route, after Hospet you anyway have to deviate from the NH13 4-laned section. So looks like that whats tilts it towards Hubli. Too many trucks, crossing Hospet etc add to the chaos I guess.

Last edited by ampere : 28th June 2016 at 10:54.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 10:49   #47
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This may be possible, but seems extremely hectic. You may want to give Badami another day if possible? Just a thought.
Also, why go all the way till Hubli and then to Badami ?
How about Chitradurga-Hospet-Badami ?
Chitradurga-Hospet despite the road widening work and speed breakers is still manageable from my experience as well as recent reports here, but don't know the conditions beyond Hospet to Badami.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 11:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Hows the weather at this time? I also have a similar itenrary and the same dates
Weather should be pleasant with mild showers now and then. Temperatures may be in the range of 33-24 Deg C.

Quote:
Extra day at Badami may be difficult but I can plan to arrive at Hospet by sunset. Does this help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also, why go all the way till Hubli and then to Badami ?
How about Chitradurga-Hospet-Badami ?
Quote:
....So looks like that whats tilts it towards Hubli. Too many trucks, crossing Hospet etc add to the chaos I guess.
I have decided to go via Hubli due to the same reasons mentioned above. Moreover on day one we need to preserve energy, so going few extra kilometers for good road is worth.
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 11:44   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Extra day at Badami may be difficult but I can plan to arrive at Hospet by sunset. Does this help?
No idea! Because it all depends on your endurance. I would prefer an extra. But of course that depends on your constraints.
Old 28th June 2016, 12:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

For Badami, two half days are required. One for the Bhutnath temples / museum / fort segment, and second half for covering caves. It is doable in one half day also, but very hectic.

Pattadakal is very beautiful, needs a few hours to see it fully.

Aihole is very rural, you will be swarmed by village children for a few bucks to act as a guide, overall not much in front of Pattadakal.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 13:40   #51
BHPian

Quote:
No idea! Because it all depends on your endurance. I would prefer an extra. But of course that depends on your constraints.
Planning a visit to Badami next week in my Hyundai i10 which is the best route from Bangalore ? I do not mind extra distance. Also I need information about a decent place to stay in Badami

for two people

Last edited by KALSANKRPAI : 17th October 2016 at 13:42.
Old 17th October 2016, 14:38   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALSANKRPAI View Post
Planning a visit to Badami next week in my Hyundai i10 which is the best route from Bangalore ? I do not mind extra distance. Also I need information about a decent place to stay in Badami
There is a KSTDC in Badami I think. You should check on that. The easiest route will be via Hubli. Chitradurga is all messed up now.
Old 19th December 2016, 11:14   #53
BHPian

One of my friend is planning for a Badami trip this friday. He wants to know the 'best' route from Bangalore. He does not mind driving 'extra' miles, but he does prefer good roads.
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:21   #54
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Any suggestions on the routes to/from badami? Is the durga stretch ok now, or is the recommendation to come via hubli still stand?

Gak
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasekeh View Post
Hi Folks,

Any suggestions on the routes to/from badami? Is the durga stretch ok now, or is the recommendation to come via hubli still stand?

Gak
few days back, one of my friend traveled to Hospet (via durga), and he told that the roads are not in good condition.
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasekeh View Post
Hi Folks,

Gak
Route via Hubli is better any day!
Old 22nd December 2016, 21:11   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a KSTDC in Badami I think. You should check on that. The easiest route will be via Hubli. Chitradurga is all messed up now.
Mayura KSTDC is a good place to stay. Quiet and away from the crowded main road. Reasonable prices, and the food was quite good. Lots of mosquitoes, so make sure you shut all the windows down. Plenty of parking available, but lots of monkeys - if you have a car cover, do bring it to cover the car with.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 19:54   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Mayura KSTDC is a good place to stay.
whats the best route to take?
Option 1: Hubli - Nargund - Badami
Option 2: Hubli - Gadag - Rona - Badami

Also wanted to check if anyone here has done Badami - Yelburga - Itagi - Lakkundi - Gadag?
Old 16th January 2017, 14:17   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
whats the best route to take?
Option 1: Hubli - Nargund - Badami
Option 2: Hubli - Gadag - Rona - Badami

Also wanted to check if anyone here has done Badami - Yelburga - Itagi - Lakkundi - Gadag?
From hospet NH 50, I cut into sh 63, and then sh 367. I took Yelburga, sudi, jalihal, cholachagudda and the roads were great all the way. Single Lane.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 14:54   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
From hospet NH 50, I cut into sh 63, and then sh 367. I took Yelburga, sudi, jalihal, cholachagudda and the roads were great all the way. Single Lane.
This is the one of the fastest route to reach Badami. Not many know this route

Even faster would be to continue on the 4 Lane NH from hostpet then take a deviation to Bewoor and continue towards Yelburga

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 16th January 2017 at 14:56.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks