Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 22:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Not the vRs dude.
I dont let him drive the vRs.

We guys are going in the Honda City and a Honda CR-V.

Leaving at 4 means getting up at 3 means not enough sleep.
So sleeping in the way.
Plus i trust his highway driving more than mine.
Old 28th September 2009, 21:31   #17
BHPian

Am planning for a trip to Jim Corbett along with family. Would be driving the ikon diesel.

Please guide me with a detailed route as this would be my first visit to Corbett.

Would October be the right time to visit Corbett?

How much time would it take to reach Corbett and what would be right time to leave Noida?

Any good eat outs on the way and sight seeing?

Approx. what would be the charges at Corbett. Have there been any instances of being cheated.

If I leave on Saturday early morning, can I return by Sunday evening? Would this much of time be enough?

Sorry to bug you all with so many questions, but would be of great help to me.
Old 28th September 2009, 21:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

october would be a brilliant time to visit jim corbett.

Delhi-Hapur-Brijghat-Gajraula-Moradabad-Thakurdwara-Kashipur-Ramnagar

this would be NH24

Usually takes around 6 hours without a stop but take atleast 1-2 hour here and there. Road conditions et all.

There is a mid way resort and i good for food and all.
Not much of a sight seeing in way.

Charges for jim corbett as in?

Would not advice you for only a one day stay.
Go on friday. Come back by sunday.
Old 28th September 2009, 22:14   #19
BHPian

Thanks abhi....charges like safari and stay.

Would there be any good hotel to stay and what would be the charges.

Are personal cars allowed into Corbett or do we have to hire a professional (Gypsy). Are there any charges to enter the park? If personal cars are allowed, then would there be any charge for the vehicle?
Old 1st October 2009, 21:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Thanks abhi....charges like safari and stay.

Would there be any good hotel to stay and what would be the charges.

Are personal cars allowed into Corbett or do we have to hire a professional (Gypsy). Are there any charges to enter the park? If personal cars are allowed, then would there be any charge for the vehicle?
For a Gypsy the charges are around 1800 to 1900 for a trip. The charges though varies from hotel to hotel and the ramnagar office. Since it would depend how far is your Jungle gate is located from your hotel.

Personal cars are allowed inside. I guess we paid 450 or something in april when we were 5 people in my Gurkha. You have to pay for guide and it is compulsory. I guess they would only allow 4x4 vehicles inside. As the only other personal vehicle I saw inside was a 4x4 Tata Safari. In Dhikala I have even seen Innova. God knows what is their criteria but YES personal vehicles are allowed.

I am going tomorrow once back I would put down the exact money and hotel details.
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
I am going tomorrow once back I would put down the exact money and hotel details.
Thanks rhandle, would be waiting for the updated information. Let me know of the road conditions aswell.

When would you be back?
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Personal cars are allowed inside. I guess we paid 450 or something in april when we were 5 people in my Gurkha. You have to pay for guide and it is compulsory. I guess they would only allow 4x4 vehicles inside. As the only other personal vehicle I saw inside was a 4x4 Tata Safari. In Dhikala I have even seen Innova. God knows what is their criteria but YES personal vehicles are allowed.
Personal cars are only allowed in Dhikala sector if you have booked an FRH in Dhikala, same with Bijrani sector. The other sectors do allow day visit in ur personal car. Whereas in Dhikala a day visit is only possible in one of the canter trips organised by the forest office at Ramnagar.

You do not need a 4X4 inside as most all the sectors have specific routes on which you can take the vehicle. The routes are pretty well paved. I have been inside to Dhikala in my santro twice.

The best way of hiring a gypsy IMO is to negotiate for the price of the vehicle and the driver only without adding the fuel expense. The fuel can be refilled by you at the end.

Usually what happnes when you try to get a complete package of a gypsy is that the drivers try to save as much fuel as they can and dont show you around properly.

What we did was that we negotiated for a gypsy for 2 days @Rs.700/- per day and at the end whatever fuel is consumed we would get it refilled. We could then take the vehicle wherever we wanted to go and whenever we felt like going in the stipulated hours.
Old 2nd October 2009, 21:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Check out the dates of opening of Dikhala, I think it opens only in Nov. However, Bijrani and Jirani gates are open.
Old 5th August 2011, 22:06   #24
BHPian

Delhi - Jim Corbett and around

Hello All,

I am planning a trip to Jim Corbett in October.
Flight tickets booked for Pune - Delhi and back.
Have a 7 nights gifted stay in Solluna Resort, Marchula, inside Jim Corbett Park.

Will get a Swift for the 7 day drive. Lots of queries. Please be patient.

First thing, the Solluna resort does not appear accurately on any of the maps. Can somebody post the correct coordinates.

I am planning 3-4 safari's and a elephant ride in hope to see the TIGER atleast once. This will take 3 days.

Another 2-3 days, I am planning to visit following places, probably stay at 1-2 places below:
Nainital ofcourse, Bhimtal, Sattal
Almora
Ranikhet
Kausani
Binsar.

Is this too much?
Help required in planning the iterenary and the routes to follow.

Was searching for route from Ranikhet to the resort. google maps showed only 1 route via Nainital. However mapmyindia shows another short route.
This is confusing. Need help here also.

Also i can add to the iterenary if there's more to see based on your recommendations.

Thank you
Old 6th August 2011, 06:28   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi - Jim Corbett and around

There is a direct route from Corbett to Ranikhet and onwards to Almora and Binasr. This should be one night especially if you can get stay at Khali Estate there. The next night you can come to Nanital and see area around.

Why not ask resort guys for accurate location. AFAIK all resorts are outside the corbett boundaries.
Old 6th August 2011, 14:51   #26
BHPian

Soluna is about 10km after the dhikala gate. They have their boards at various locations. The resort is on the left if you are going from dhikala side. One cannot miss it. It has a bright pink paint on its walls
Old 6th August 2011, 16:53   #27
BHPian

Your resort is outside Corbett. Private vehicles allowed in Corbett only for people staying at Dhikala overnight. You will have to take open Maruti Gypsy for moving inside park. You cannot go to Dhikala [kind of premium location within park] if you are not staying there. Other routes inside are Brijrani and 2 more. I took brijrani route & within Brijrani, i took fire(ing) line route - gorgeous 4X4 track - u will love it.

more later...
Old 6th August 2011, 19:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
There is a direct route from Corbett to Ranikhet and onwards to Almora and Binasr. This should be one night especially if you can get stay at Khali Estate there. The next night you can come to Nanital and see area around.

Why not ask resort guys for accurate location. AFAIK all resorts are outside the corbett boundaries.
Sudev, I thought why not play with the GPS before the trip. Your suggestion makes sense. Will work on the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Soluna is about 10km after the dhikala gate. They have their boards at various locations. The resort is on the left if you are going from dhikala side. One cannot miss it. It has a bright pink paint on its walls
Thanks for the info. Is it just after Marchula bridge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post
Your resort is outside Corbett. Private vehicles allowed in Corbett only for people staying at Dhikala overnight. You will have to take open Maruti Gypsy for moving inside park. You cannot go to Dhikala [kind of premium location within park] if you are not staying there. Other routes inside are Brijrani and 2 more. I took brijrani route & within Brijrani, i took fire(ing) line route - gorgeous 4X4 track - u will love it.

more later...
Thanks. I have got in touch with a guide there. Let me see what he suggests.
I am yet to get the iterenary from him.

How good are the chances of spotting a tiger in 3rd/4th week of October?
Old 6th August 2011, 19:41   #29
BHPian

This is just before the marchula bridge. You will have to take a very sharp u turn towards the left (off the main road) and come down the track towards the resort. The resort till last year was a sarovar property and the hospitality was really good. They also conduct their own night safari to the jungle outside the protected forest where you could spot sambhar deer and other wildlife. We got a fleeting glimpse of a leopard there. To go to dhikala, a permit is required from ram nagar. The window for permit opens around 5 am.
Old 7th August 2011, 10:41   #30
BHPian

I have been thinking of taking my kids to the Corbett National Park. My son is fond of wild life especially tigers. I had thought of going there between 12-15August but was advised against because half the reserve is closed and no tiger sightings during monsoons.

I want to go their in October. Please advice:
1.What are better staying options - inside or outside the reserve? I am more interested in vista and wild life then 5star luxury, however the place should be clean and comfy with hygienic food.
2. Should we stay at Dhikala GH for better chances of sighting tigers?
3. Any additional charges for bringing own vehicle inside the reserve for those staying inside Corbett?
4. I have about 5 nights-so 3 nights at Corbett what about other 2 nights -Bhimtal?

Please advice.
-Dinesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks