Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 11:42   #1
BHPian

Mumbai to Gurgaon ( Driving Diections )

Hi Friends,

Would be very grateful for the following

- I am driving from Mumbai to Gurgaon with my wife in my 2001 well maintained Esteem on 7~8Feb, need driving directions help and any information which would be useful like -

- total travelling hours
- best route possible ( with less of pot holes )
- any other information which you think would be helpful

Thanks a ton

Passion4cars
Old 28th January 2009, 12:09   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars View Post
Hi Friends,

Would be very grateful for the following

- I am driving from Mumbai to Gurgaon with my wife in my 2001 well maintained Esteem on 7~8Feb, need driving directions help and any information which would be useful like -

- total travelling hours
- best route possible ( with less of pot holes )
- any other information which you think would be helpful

Thanks a ton

Passion4cars
Buddy ,its nh8 all the way for you

the only stretch which will take time and can be frustrating would be the surat -baroda stretch as the roads are being widened.

otherwise i guess its smooth sailing.

you can do your 1st stopover at ahmedabad (if you are not too keen on night driving)

next evening/night you should be in gurgaon.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:53   #3
BHPian

The route is very simple but please read the GQ Drive from HVkumar 2day description before you start. This will help you for planning your trip better. They started from mumbai around 3am and avoided the Ankaleshwar stretch by crossing it early morning.

Best of luck for your Drive.

Also keep a spare tyre tube, a 5 meter rope just in case of emergency.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Please see the link below for the route details for Mumbai-Gurgaon.

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR'S DRIVING LOG BOOKS,*Golden Quadrilateral (GQ) Drive, Dec 2008
Old 28th January 2009, 21:24   #5
BHPian

Thanks a ton friends
Old 29th January 2009, 02:14   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Please see the link below for the route details for Mumbai-Gurgaon.

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR'S DRIVING LOG BOOKS,*Golden Quadrilateral (GQ) Drive, Dec 2008
Wow this log is wonderful i needed something like this for mum-bnglr trip checked on my fone and now printing it out for future reference s !!
Thanx H V Kumar sir
Old 15th February 2009, 14:38   #7
BHPian

Lessons Learnt From Mumbai ~ Gurgaon Drive

Hi friends,
sorry for late update from my trip ( mumbai ~ gurgaon ) , thanks to Team-bhp driving directions & safety precautions by my friends , I managed to reach in safe n sound condition but however I would like to add on a few lessons which i learnt -

- Always Carry Surplus Cash ( as I filled up petrol , I asked the filler do you take credit cards , he said yes , I again asked him and he said yes this time i flashed it he said yes , when i gave him the card he said NO I DONT TAKE THIS then I had to pay about Rs 1800 cash, total I had about 2200 with me .... finding a ATM was PAIN & I was worried for TOLL FEES

- The last strech of Jaipur - Gurgaon was full of near misses .... I would like to point out that Mumbai - Jaipur went on smooth for me , but Jaipur - Gurgaon was FREAKING , a idiot Truckker just all of a sudden took LEFT turn without any indications from the extreme RIGHT side ...JUST SAVED !! and during this last leg .... a SCOOTER with 3 riders driving at more than + 60kmph all of a sudden slipped ( READ SKIDDED ) in front of my car and I had to take a immediate left turn to avoid him and in the process the car in the left lane behind me didnt show some good gestures to me ...... )

- always carry some home made snacks as eating at even good dhabbas made my stomach go hay wire

- other than that no troubles.... car is doing good n gave a average of about 18~19 with a/c on , with driving speed of about 105~110 kmph .....

Last edited by passion4cars : 15th February 2009 at 14:39.
Old 15th February 2009, 16:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

If a person accepts cards, all Master/ VISA will be accepted.

If you carry AMEX, carry all the cash for your journey (food, fuel and Tolls)
Old 15th February 2009, 18:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars View Post
Hi friends,

- The last strech of Jaipur - Gurgaon was full of near misses .... I would like to point out that Mumbai - Jaipur went on smooth for me , but Jaipur - Gurgaon was FREAKING , a idiot Truckker just all of a sudden took LEFT turn without any indications from the extreme RIGHT side ...JUST SAVED !! and during this last leg .... a SCOOTER with 3 riders driving at more than + 60kmph all of a sudden slipped ( READ SKIDDED ) in front of my car and I had to take a immediate left turn to avoid him and in the process the car in the left lane behind me didnt show some good gestures to me ...... )
What time did you do the Jaipur-Gurgaon stretch?. Whenever I have started from Jaipur after 1600hrs for Delhi, the traffic has been pathetic. I think the reason being the Delhi border that opens for trucks at 10ish to enter, hence all the truckers start mooving at that time itself. And to add to that the evening rush of the factories and the Gurgaon offices.

In my opinion the best time to start for Delhi from Jaipur is 1400hrs or before.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:42   #10
BHPian

I am also planning a similar trip. Have to get a car (swift) from agra to mumbai. Any pointers as to if it is preferable to drive from Agra to Delhi and then on to Jaipur or is it preferable to join NH 8 (if so, where?) from Agra. We have a maximum of two days and are generally late starters and on top, would like stops. Possible?
Old 17th February 2009, 23:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

NH8 all the way. Coming via Agra (NH2) and then on Nh11 via Bharatpur is not a great idea unless you have to visit Agra for some reason.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:13   #12
BHPian

the car is in agra, thats the reason.
Old 22nd February 2009, 15:09   #13
BHPian

Stick with NH8 & take a print out of the road map of NH8 given on TeamBhp ( Serach post ) & use it as a BIBLE...... you wont go wrong
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:50   #14

Gurgaon to Mumbai

I intend to drive alone from Gurgaon to Mumbai. I can drive for about 12 hours in a day.

1. What is the best route to be followed? Which map will give me details about this route?

2. What is the ideal time start from Gurgaon?

3. If I decide to take help of professional driver to assist me during driving, is there any agency which gives reliable drivers? How much do they charge? If I take professional driver, can I do the trip non stop to Mumbai?

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd March 2009 at 12:10. Reason: Search please before opening new thread. Thanks
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

You can do non-stop to Mumbai in roughly 20 hrs. But you yourself said that you could drive for about 12 hrs a day. The best route is NH8 all the way - Gurgaon - Jaipur Bypass - Ajmer - Chittorgarh - Udaipur. Break journey here and stop for the night.

Then - Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Vadodara - Ankleshwar - Surat - Mumbai. you can go to MapmyIndia.com Online maps, GPS Navigation, Driving Directions, Local Search and check the route. According to me the ideal time would be to leave Gurgaon latest by 5:30 am.

I've no idea about professional drivers. And BTW, why does a TBHPian ( a motorhead) need a pro driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilparanjpe View Post
I intend to drive alone from Gurgaon to Mumbai. I can drive for about 12 hours in a day.

1. What is the best route to be followed? Which map will give me details about this route?

2. What is the ideal time start from Gurgaon?

3. If I decide to take help of professional driver to assist me during driving, is there any agency which gives reliable drivers? How much do they charge? If I take professional driver, can I do the trip non stop to Mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks