Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2018, 08:48   #2386
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Will be driving down to Goa in 2nd week of August.
You have a bigger problem than the lack of a RC. As per reports, there are protests planned on a few dates (first/early second week of Aug) and if those go ahead as planned, they will affect Pune - Bangalore highway. So, watch out for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
can literally park a boat next to your latest Verna.
Pun intended?

Quote:
Pune RTO is operating faster these days. Received RC within 6 weeks for an ownership transfer case.
Is there a separate processing queue for new RCs vs. others? New RCs seem to take months but those after some request (change of ownership, removal of hypothecation) seem to come within a couple of weeks.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 31st July 2018 at 08:50.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 09:54   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Will be driving down to Goa in 2nd week of August. [list][*]I am yet to receive RC of my Verna. My car is Pune registered and I have the soft copy version in Digi locker though. Will I be troubled by GOA / MH cops?[*]I am visiting Goa after a long time. How are the parking arrangements in popular beaches now a day?
Not having RC for a new car is totally fine. Almost all cops know it takes weeks before one gets it in MH.

Better to park the car in hotel and take black number plate activa to roam around. Even if you do find parking at the beaches, it is usually a little far away and all muddy. This is for north Goa. In south, there won't be any parking issues.

Quote:
can literally park a boat next to your latest Verna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You have a bigger problem than the lack of a RC. As per reports, there are protests planned on a few dates (first/early second week of Aug) and if those go ahead as planned, they will affect Pune - Bangalore highway. So, watch out for that.
The protests are planned from 1st till 10th. Seems like PetrolRider is traveling in second week which should be okay. But you never know
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 11:57   #2388
BANNED

Quote:
Popular beaches become unpopular during monsoon season, so you will get plenty of parking space, can literally park a boat next to your latest Verna.

Pune RTO is operating faster these days. Received RC within 6 weeks for an ownership transfer case.
, transformers ?

On a side note, went for a drive on Solapur road last weekend and almost reached Solapur. The Verna handling has significantly improved.

Quote:
Is there a separate processing queue for new RCs vs. others? New RCs seem to take months but those after some request (change of ownership, removal of hypothecation) seem to come within a couple of weeks.
Pune RTO has a special place in my heart. When I tried to re-registered my bike after shifting from Bengaluru, it took them 11 months to print and deliver. So, I am not keeping any high hopes, sooner the better.

Quote:
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
The protests are planned from 1st till 10th. Seems like PetrolRider is traveling in second week which should be okay. But you never know
Oh! no. I am planning to go on 9th, I might have to cancel the plan . Any idea when are those protests planned? I guess those protests would be on MH side of border, so what if I will plan accordingly and cross MH by 10 AM?
BTW, I thought those protests would be on north and eastern Maharashtra (Nasik, Aurangabaad, Latur etc), I had no idea Pune-Bengaluru highway would also be affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Not having RC for a new car is totally fine. Almost all cops know it takes weeks before one gets it in MH.

Better to park the car in hotel and take black number plate activa to roam around. Even if you do find parking at the beaches, it is usually a little far away and all muddy. This is for north Goa. In south, there won't be any parking issues.
Traveling with family, with a kid. So, renting an Activa would be out of question for now. I know the bliss of having a rented Activa, but those days were different. ha ha!

Last edited by PetrolRider : 31st July 2018 at 12:01.
Old 31st July 2018, 12:41   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Oh! no. I am planning to go on 9th, I might have to cancel the plan . Any idea when are those protests planned? I guess those protests would be on MH side of border, so what if I will plan accordingly and cross MH by 10 AM?
BTW, I thought those protests would be on north and eastern Maharashtra (Nasik, Aurangabaad, Latur etc), I had no idea Pune-Bengaluru highway would also be affected.
I guess the protests will be over by 9th most probably. First few days it will be at the peak then will subside.

Also, if you plan to cross MH border by 9-10am (earlier is even better) then there should not be a need to cancel your planned holidays.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 08:25   #2390
Team-BHP Support

Some more fun. Belgaum will be another headache.

Quote:
A day-long bandh has been called by some outfits in 13 districts of north Karnataka on August 2 demanding statehood or the region, alleging discrimination by successive governments towards it.
https://www.news18.com/news/politics...y-1828687.html
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 11:40   #2391
BANNED

Quote:
Some more fun. Belgaum will be another headache.

https://www.news18.com/news/politics...y-1828687.html

Let's call for a "Bandh" against all these "bandh"s.

IMO, Bandh makers are not usually early risers. So if someone pass by 10 AM, should be OK. But, one can never know.

Regarding my travel plan on 9th August, there will be a mega Mumbai bandh on that day. But, I am for now keeping my travel open and planning to pass by MH by 10 AM.
Old 6th August 2018, 13:22   #2392
BHPian

I am leaving on 11th Aug

2 Questions -

1) How is the current road condition ? I take the Nipani Ajara and the left from Bavlat village to Goa border.

2) Any idea about the bandh situation ? Is it advisable to travel at night sighting the trouble ?

Regards
Old 8th August 2018, 17:14   #2393
BANNED

If I am guessing correct, for north Goa, going via Nipani-Ajra will be the most efficient. But, considering tomorrow's MH "bandh", I am thinking of going via Belgavi and avoiding re-entry to MH after Nipani. This detour would cost me around 50KM and one hour extra as per Google map.
What do you guys think? I am planning to leave Pune by 4AM tomorrow.
Old 8th August 2018, 19:20   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I am leaving on 11th Aug

2 Questions -

1) How is the current road condition ? I take the Nipani Ajara and the left from Bavlat village to Goa border.

2) Any idea about the bandh situation ? Is it advisable to travel at night sighting the trouble ?
1. Road condition is moderate, quite a few bad patches right from Banda until Ajra, but not a deal breaker. (thick fog/clouds on the ghats)

2. We left from Pune on 3-Aug at 630pm, took Chorla and reached Siolim at 230am. No issues whatsoever, thick fog/clouds on the ghats. All bandh related trouble usually ends by max 7pm.

Quote:
If I am guessing correct, for north Goa, going via Nipani-Ajra will be the most efficient. But, considering tomorrow's MH "bandh", I am thinking of going via Belgavi and avoiding re-entry to MH after Nipani. This detour would cost me around 50KM and one hour extra as per Google map.
What do you guys think? I am planning to leave Pune by 4AM tomorrow.
Agree, better to go through Belgavi and that too if you would be crossing MH before the bandhizens wake up.

Cheers!
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 18:15   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Guys, need suggestions and heads up.

Pune to Goa Family trip on 15th August and return on 18th. Total 8 persons in Scorpio and Punto. Traveling with an infant.

1) We plan to start early at around 5 A.M. What would be the best scenic and ladies friendly route with eateries.

2) How much travel time should we expect? excluding the stops and breaks.

3) Any other info/details you wanna share.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I'm driving down (solo) tomorrow as well. Would be leaving at ~5am from Bombay. Would you like to catch up on the way maybe?
Old 15th August 2018, 20:38   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
We left from Pune on 3-Aug at 630pm, took Chorla and reached Siolim at 230am.

How is the condition of the Chorla Ghat? I just drove down from Mumbai today and the Amboli ghat is in pretty bad shape, almost 30kms of road is deeply potholed and broken.

If Chorla is better, am considering taking that route on the return journey.
Old 16th August 2018, 11:56   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
How is the condition of the Chorla Ghat? I just drove down from Mumbai today and the Amboli ghat is in pretty bad shape, almost 30kms of road is deeply potholed and broken.

If Chorla is better, am considering taking that route on the return journey.
Chorla is butter smooth all the way, no issues at all, even on the Goa side the surface is in great shape barring I guess at 3 or 4 bends where there are potholes.
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 20:07   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Hey, I'm driving down (solo) tomorrow as well. Would be leaving at ~5am from Bombay. Would you like to catch up on the way maybe?
Sorry, missed your post. BTW, I spotted 3 cars on the way with TBHP stickers. Santro, XUV and i20. Were you in one of those?
Old 19th August 2018, 00:47   #2399
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I am doing a drive from Bangalore to kolhapur - Amba ghat - gaganbawda - amboli - and then will drive to goa. And back to Bangalore via jog falls.

I need some help for the same:

1. Road conditions from kolhapur to Amba. And is Amba ghat a decent place to stay overnight with family? And how is road to marleshwar.

2. Amba - gaganbawda - amboli route since I plan to cover this stretch in 1 day.

3. Amboli n Amba ghat are open and no land slides?

Regards
Pramod
Old 19th August 2018, 22:50   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
3. Amboli n Amba ghat are open and no land slides?
Amboli Ghat is open (travelled across this route on 15th Aug), however is not in the greatest condition. Lots of potholes and broken patches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Chorla is butter smooth all the way, no issues at all, even on the Goa side the surface is in great shape barring I guess at 3 or 4 bends where there are potholes.
Thanks for this, took Chorla on the way back today, and like you said, the drive was super smooth. Much much better than taking Amboli ghat, and the drive took the same time, as the going across Amboli was very slow given the condition of the roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks