Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2020, 04:00   #3106
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
No Checking, nothing. The only place they tried to stop me was after Anmod Ghat for alcohol. Rest no cops any where.
This maybe because you took Goa Karnataka Maharashtra route. The current rule is for Goa to Maharashtra direct entry. Maybe we can wait for a report from someone who did a Goa Sawantwadi route.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th November 2020 at 16:37. Reason: See rule # 11
Old 26th November 2020, 09:32   #3107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
MH12/14 cars are exempt toll...On the journey back though, the extreme left lane is cash-only; the attendant looked at the reg. plate and asked me to keep going without charge.
8+ years of ownership of a MH14 car and numerous trips (50+) on this highway; and not a single time I didn't have to not pay the toll.

Never knew this

Last edited by ninjatalli : 26th November 2020 at 09:37.
Old 26th November 2020, 10:03   #3108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
8+ years of ownership of a MH14 car and numerous trips (50+) on this highway; and not a single time I didn't have to not pay the toll.
Don't sweat; this has only been since Feb this year. There were protests over the non-completion of road work (esp. flyovers) so to placate locals, Supriya Sule visited the area and said toll would be exempt for MH12/14 vehicles. It was supposed to be only for a few days but I guess it has continued indefinitely.

I generally don't subscribe to this view (since I believe we must play our part in paying for the development of our country) but looking at the shambles that this highway is in, I'm more than happy to skip toll.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 11:21   #3109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I generally don't subscribe to this view (since I believe we must play our part in paying for the development of our country) but looking at the shambles that this highway is in, I'm more than happy to skip toll.
In my humble opinion, all exemptions should be removed. Everyone should pay toll, whoever can get it reimbursed later should do so by their employers whoever they may be.
This will help the overall situation, especially for those who keep asking others about their own parents/ ancestry.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 15:51   #3110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Travelling back tomorrow to Mumbai. As per info from local cops checking is not strict. Let's hope early morning start (4:30 am) helps since border is half n hour from where I am staying.

Left Siolim at 4:30 am and reached Mumbai at 2:30 pm. The early morning border crossing helped, there were checks at the border they just used a spot light to look inside and asked us to move on.

Same thing happened at Amboli check post. But once on the Banglore highway the checks were more strict and almost all cars not having a MH number were waived to stop just after every toll till Pune. Mine being a MH car and everyone wearing masks helped us through the checks.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 18:19   #3111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
News suggests that there will be Covid symptoms test / temperature check at the border. Those who are negative should be allowed to enter Maharashtra. Others have an option to either return back or follow SOP. Thinking of a worst scenario when someone is fine while going but develops symptoms while entering Maharashtra again.
Update - Took the trip as planned. Traveled to and fro Pune - Belgaum - South Goa - Anmod Ghat - Belgaum - Pune. No Covid related checking on this route. No one asked for a certificate either. On the way back from Goa, we were asked to stop at 2 places for Liquor Check. Once before Anmod ghat and one after. After Anmod ghat, they asked to to open boot and checked all the bags for any liquor. We were not carrying anything so it was all ok.

So the Covid checks are not there on this route at least. This is a clear loophole in Maharashtra government's implementation. Not sure about other routes i.e via Amboli & Chorla. Lucky us that we could do a hassle free trip !

Last edited by nexus : 29th November 2020 at 18:20.
nexus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:39   #3112
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Planning to do a road trip to Goa from Mumbai with my mates. It's us, four lads, departing early morning on 10th December in my Endeavour. We have booked a resort in Candolim (North) area.

We are looking forward to having brisk pace with minimal stops, including a lunch stop in the middle (preferably in Kolhapur for the delicious food). I would really appreciate the best route & restaurant recommendations.

For now, the current route overview is as attached.

Also, about these COVID-19 checks on the Maharashtra border on the return journey, from what I have gathered so far is that an RT-PCR test report is not mandatory and that they are doing a simple symptoms check (temperature and SPO2 levels of all passengers) and are letting go if there isn't anything unusual. Is this true?

Cheers,
Akash
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-capture222.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd December 2020 at 07:32. Reason: See rule #11
Old 3rd December 2020, 00:55   #3113
BHPian

Quote:

Also, about these COVID-19 checks on the Maharashtra border on the return journey, from what I have gathered so far is that an RT-PCR test report is not mandatory and that they are doing a simple symptoms check (temperature and SPO2 levels of all passengers) and are letting go if there isn't anything unusual. Is this true?

Cheers,
Akash
There was no check for us since we took the Belgaum route so technically entered Karnataka first and then from Karnataka we entered Maharashtra.

Cheers! Have a great time in Goa.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd December 2020 at 07:32. Reason: See rule #11
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:19   #3114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
Hey Guys,

For now, the current route overview is as attached.

Cheers,
Akash
The route looks good barring your journey in Goa. You should take the route via Pernem - Parse - Siolim - Candolim to avoid slowing down for highway construction.

https://goo.gl/maps/o5M8mMvYtMsRPdheA
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:26   #3115
BHPian

Route Update:

Did Pune-Goa- Pune last week. Our stay was booked at a resort in Cavelossim, South Goa.
So we took the Anmod Ghat route after Belgaum. This was my first time on this route. We have always taken the Amboli route before. Followed google maps and Anmod was the fastest route.

The road is quite ok overall, but extremely bad in patches after the Bhimgadh wildlife sanctuary just before entering Goa. The road around Anmod is also quite narrow, and may times one has to let the left two wheels go below the paved road to let the vehicle from opposite direction pass, specially if it is a heavy vehicle. This wasn't much of an issue on our Creta, but if you are driving a low clearance hatch back or sedan, be ready to come to a dead stop on all such occasions. But this is only for 40-50 Kms, rest of the road is fine.

Also, ensure that you cross the wildlife section before 6:00 PM, since it is closed for traffic after that until 6:00 AM and only Chorla/ Amboli Ghat would be the other option.

We followed google maps on both onwards and return drive, it was all smooth and nowhere we felt lost.
ishan12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 15:19   #3116
BHPian

Any Update on checking done at Maharashtra Goa Border? I checked with few hotels in Goa and they are saying that while going back a Covid -ve report is required by Maharashtra Government.
Old 4th December 2020, 17:49   #3117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHARM View Post
Any Update on checking done at Maharashtra Goa Border? I checked with few hotels in Goa and they are saying that while going back a Covid -ve report is required by Maharashtra Government.

You can take the Chorla route & enter from Belgaum. This way you avoid Sawantwadi & will not have to produce the Covid certificate.
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 18:13   #3118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHARM View Post
If that's the case, then you can take the Anmod route, so you will go via GA-KA to MH. This way you will not cross MH-GA border. I took this route and never faced any checking.
However, as per the notification, I don't think there is any report needed for travel by road.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 20:51   #3119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
You can take the Chorla route & enter from Belgaum. This way you avoid Sawantwadi & will not have to produce the Covid certificate.
Chorla is not in great shape. Avoid! Take Anmod ghat route instead. It will take you via Belgaum. No Covid checks on that route as well. Liquor checks are there.

BTW, anyone traveled via Sawantwadi-Amboli after 25-Nov. Are there any Covid checks on this route?
nexus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 18:26   #3120
BHPian

My friend reached Mumbai via Amboli yesterday. No checking of covid apart from the usual liquor checks. Guess it's only restricted to air and rail travel.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 8th December 2020 at 18:27.
TaurusAl is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks