Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:03   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renney.varghese View Post
Oh, that's the reason. I asked for directions to Amboli Ghat at the toll window before the Kaveri Hotel. They directed me to this route. Maybe would not have had the little rough ride if I would have taken the Sankeshwar road as you've mentioned. There are truckers on this road and hence you feel more of the narrowness. Thank you so much for clearing this out.
Yep youre right about this. The road you narrow so you have to pull over onto the shoulder if a truck approaches from the opposite direction. And thats a problem if you have a small vehicle. I'm putting up photos for the gadinglaj route you have to get off the NH4 about 12 km ahead and dive on to the left and turn right under the overbrige of the NH4. Hope it will help you the next time
Best
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-sankeshwar-gadinglaj-turn.jpg  

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-kaveri-restaurant-turn.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2010, 17:31   #182
BHPian

Oh .. thank you so much deutscheafrikar for the pics. I'll pass the directions across to some of my colleagues who were enquiring about the route!
Old 8th March 2010, 23:52   #183
Senior - BHPian

I drove back today from Goa via amboli. I missed the turn to Ajra and kept seeing the Belgaum and Changad milestones. Then decided to drive on to the NH4 via belgaum. I came to an intersection where a left would take me 50 odd kms to Gadinglaj. But I decided not to take it because I was unsure of the road condition and also found that the road from amboli to belgaum seemed to be in better condition than the amboli - sakeshwar road. Much wider and no potholes. I have driven an extra 45 kms and paid an adittional toll of. But all in all that part was much better than the other road. So not a bad decision eventually. I did pretty good time reaching the NH4 from Candolim.
Ranjitp1 haven't seen your comments lately???
Old 9th March 2010, 01:10   #184
BHPian

i would say continue down NH4 just until before Belgaum. Once you get to the NH4A just take a right from there and go on for 50-60Km You will reach Panjim at the Bus Station
Old 9th March 2010, 01:38   #185
Senior - BHPian

@acidkill

Is this the same road that passes in front of the Syngenta and then Nestle factories as you drive away from Panjim .
Old 9th March 2010, 10:16   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
i would say continue down NH4 just until before Belgaum. Once you get to the NH4A just take a right from there and go on for 50-60Km You will reach Panjim at the Bus Station

Can you please explain, which route are you speaking about here ?
Old 9th March 2010, 14:23   #187
Senior - BHPian

Sahir How's the road from Belgaum-Assonora to mapusa? Do you have the route to post, liek a photo. I quite liked the belagum to amboli road. Is this part of the other route you spoke of, till changad?
Regards
Old 9th March 2010, 14:47   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Sahir How's the road from Belgaum-Assonora to mapusa? Do you have the route to post, liek a photo. I quite liked the belagum to amboli road. Is this part of the other route you spoke of, till changad?
Regards

Do ypu mean, Belgaum - Tilari - Assonora - Mapusa. check the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1336009

I will be back in BGM next month. Will do the route again. This is the route I prefer most of the time to travel between BGM - Panjim.
Old 9th March 2010, 17:35   #189
Senior - BHPian

Yes Sahir, I had forgotten about our discussion last year on this route. I think I will need a better and newer vehicle than my indigo marina for this route. SOme of the roads may still be bad. Actually I have my house painter in Goa who is from Kolhapur and he uses this route to go to Kolhapur and back from Goa quite often and that too on his scooter. Maybe I need to phone him and ask how the present condition is
Regards
Old 1st April 2010, 12:26   #190
BHPian

Mumbai to South Goa

If I am going to South Goa (Benaulim/Colva) from Mumbai, should I take the Nipani, Ajra , Sawantwadi , NH17 route (which I have done before when I went to North Goa) or is there another exit further down NH4 which will take me to South Goa.

Speed is of the essence in this particular case.

Thanks
Old 1st April 2010, 12:34   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
If I am going to South Goa (Benaulim/Colva) from Mumbai, should I take the Nipani, Ajra , Sawantwadi , NH17 route (which I have done before when I went to North Goa) or is there another exit further down NH4 which will take me to South Goa.

Speed is of the essence in this particular case.

Thanks
The Amboli-Sawantwadi road is your best bet,dont gamble with taking the Belgaum-NH4A-Londa-Ponda route as the road tarmac there stays in shape only for a very few days after each carpeting(and the tarring happens every now and then,but thanx to the iron ore trucks they turn into potholes before you knwo it).You could either take the Nipani turn off,or still better you could drive on till Sankeshwar and take the Gadhinglaj-Amboli-route.Deautscheafrikaar reccomends the Sankeshwar route.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:58   #192
BHPian

Common guys, wonder why nobody wants to try out the Belgaum - Tilari - Mapusa - Panjim route. " Bad Roads " occaionally driving on them keeps you car suspension healtth too!

Will assure you will love the decend !
Old 1st April 2010, 14:21   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You could either take the Nipani turn off,or still better you could drive on till Sankeshwar and take the Gadhinglaj-Amboli-route.Deautscheafrikaar reccomends the Sankeshwar route.
ranjitp1 How was your trip? And what about the last route I drove through... belgaum to amboli. Fantastic condition compared to The Ajra road and also much, much better than the Sankeshwar gadinglaj route. Cons being one extra toll gate of 25/- and about 40 kms longer than sankeshwar. Pros no turining the wheel right and/or left to avoid pot holes and bad sections on half the road. And also speeds of up to 70 and a bit more on a wider road. Ajra is a no-no because of how narrow it is compared to gadinglaj route. But I do see many vehocles turning right at the kaveri - satyaplace hotel to go towards Ajra. Cars with GA and MH numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
Common guys, wonder why nobody wants to try out the Belgaum - Tilari - Mapusa - Panjim route. " Bad Roads " occaionally driving on them keeps you car suspension healtth too! Will assure you will love the decend !
Sahir I would love to try out the descent at tilari but no with my current car. Will surely do it and post the photos the minute I get a better vehicle. Hope to see some pics from you of the tilari before that though.
Regards

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 1st April 2010 at 14:24.
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:40   #194
BHPian

Sahir I would love to try out the descent at tilari but no with my current car. Will surely do it and post the photos the minute I get a better vehicle. Hope to see some pics from you of the tilari before that though.
Regards[/quote]

Sure mate, Will be back in action on these roads this month end. Plannig a lot of fishing trips in Tilari and Goa.
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:18   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
ranjitp1 How was your trip?
Yes true about that route,maybe the next time round I should try that one,if its better speeds then this should be the reccomended route.

My trip went about fine,just finished posting the t-logue,do take a look at it whenever you can

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-tn-ka-ap.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks