Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2012, 23:24   #796
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

I am planning a Pune to Goa trip May End. Wanted to know the condition and safety on the road. Am planning to go via Nipani- Sawantwadi road. Let me know. Would it be safe to travel during day time?
Old 21st May 2012, 12:23   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksrinivasv View Post
I am planning a Pune to Goa trip May End. Wanted to know the condition and safety on the road. Am planning to go via Nipani- Sawantwadi road. Let me know. Would it be safe to travel during day time?
@nayaksrinivasv: I completed Pune - Goa - Pune roundtrip last week. I took the Nipani - Ajra - Amboli - Savantwadi route both ways. The road conditions are overall quite good. The rough patches are Nipani - Ajra (the road in Karnataka is very patchy) and Savantwadi - Banda - Patradevi (lot of road construction going on).

This road is well-traveled, and you should not face any problem during daytime whatsoever. I started from Pune at 6:15am, and reached Candolim at 3pm. On the way back, I started at 6:45am, and reached home at 3:15pm.

There are five toll plazas on NH4 in this stretch, and total toll is Rs 261 (for a distance of 270km).

Hope this helps.
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 12:29   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
next week, i will again take this danoli-banda route. will post latest road condition on this section..
Ashish, When are you driving down? I may go on the 25th this month
regards
Old 21st May 2012, 13:42   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Ashish, When are you driving down? I may go on the 25th this month
regards
I will drive on that road on 25th this month.
Old 24th May 2012, 16:02   #800

Hi,
I will be doing the Kolhapur South Goa (Varca to be exact) on the 3rd of June and I notice that there is a route from Khanapur- Kolem-Curchorem- Varca. I was wondering if anybody has done this route and how are the latest road conditions.
Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 17:03   #801

Dear Ashish,
It seems that you are a regular on this route. I am planning to travel to Varca via Kolhapur. Any idea about the route from Khanapur? That way I can avoid the Sawantwadi Goa road and avoid the traffic. I am apprehensive about the conditions of the road and the safety aspect.
I will appreciate your take on that route if you have traveled on it.
regards
susheel
Old 24th May 2012, 18:04   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susheelwadke View Post
Dear Ashish,
It seems that you are a regular on this route. I am planning to travel to Varca via Kolhapur. Any idea about the route from Khanapur? That way I can avoid the Sawantwadi Goa road and avoid the traffic. I am apprehensive about the conditions of the road and the safety aspect.
I will appreciate your take on that route if you have traveled on it.
regards
susheel
I guess that road exists only on GM?others might be able to confirm.You might want to check with Sahir Kittur
Also do not take the NH4A(Khanapur-Londa-Mollem-Ponda-Varca).It is heavily potholed.Stick to the Amboli route.It is good and the best bet at the moment.Sankeshwar-Gadhinglaj-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Goa
Old 24th May 2012, 23:39   #803
BHPian

Thanks Ranjit,
If Susheel is asking about the Belgaum - Chorla - Goa route
A. I did this route 4 weeks back & there is still 5 kms. of road to be tarmaced. I herd that its been done, will confirm it once back in the country.
As he is heading to Varca, even if he takes this route he would have to pass through heavy minning traffic between Sakhli to Tisk & with the pain asking for directions.
would suggest this only if he loves to try out new things

Other good route is Amboli - Panji - Madgoan - Varca. a little more to run but I assume the same time to reach with less of hassle.

Cheers.
Old 25th May 2012, 08:25   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
hat its been done, will confirm it once back in the country.

would suggest this only if he loves to try out new things

Cheers.
Hello Sahir
How are things
What news about your Tilari Ghat to Assanora from belgaum. Whats the condition of it now? Has the mud portion been tarred now
Cheers
Old 25th May 2012, 10:40   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Hello Sahir
How are things
What news about your Tilari Ghat to Assanora from belgaum. Whats the condition of it now? Has the mud portion been tarred now
Cheers

Nigel, Never been on that road this year. I will update you on the same soon. I will be back in BGM from the 4th. June to 30th. July. If you are passing through, Just give a shout.
Cheers.
SAHIR.KITTUR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 12:55   #806
BHPian

Quote:
A follow up question. should I prefer going through Kolhapur City or take the Kolhapur City bypass as shown in Google Maps. I heard that the bypass has too much of Traffic and might slow you down. Considering the traffic inside Kolhapur City, I think i should take the bypass but just though of asking you all.

Thanks in advance
Old 25th May 2012, 13:40   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A follow up question. should I prefer going through Kolhapur City or take the Kolhapur City bypass as shown in Google Maps. I heard that the bypass has too much of Traffic and might slow you down. Considering the traffic inside Kolhapur City, I think i should take the bypass but just though of asking you all.

Thanks in advance
Forget GM and you have been misinformed as regards to the presence of heavy traffic on the so called"bypass".Take all the flyovers and before you realise you would be past Kolhapur..Stick to the NH4 all the way till Tavandi Ghats from where you divert right to Uttur-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi.Hotel Satyavati is your landmark.Once you reach Kolhapur you would realise that the town is far off to your right and that the NH4 is your best option.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...ra=ls&t=m&z=15
Old 25th May 2012, 15:22   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I will drive on that road on 25th this month.
Eagerly waiting for your feedback on the route. Specifically the Banda route after Amobli. Will be in Goa on 7th June.
Also please provide updates on the weather.
Old 27th May 2012, 16:09   #809

@ Ashish , Ranjit, SSChivate n' Nayak.. Thanks for the feedback. Eagerly awaiting Ashish's report on the Ajra Sawantwadi route. Will surely post my experiences.
Old 29th May 2012, 13:13   #810
Senior - BHPian

Route update: road condition in the last week of May 2012.

1] sankeshwar-gadhinglaj-aajra:---35 km--- no pot holes, rough surface here and there, much improved since last six months, easily cruise at 60-80.

2] Aajara-amboli: 35 km---best in condition, smooth surface, easily cruise at 80+, much improved, best in condition, drove this 35 km in 35 min flat.

3] amboli-danoli: ghat section is best in condition, road at the spot where landslide occured last monsoon has been resurfaced with concrete.

4] danoli-banda shortcut: i took this road last in nov 2011. since then, road is improved in sections. first 8 km is in best condition, 3 km is in work in prgress, there is mud road at some area due to work in prgress, last 5 km is narrow with rough surface. Do NOT travel on this road from now till NOV 2012. After completion of work, this shortcut will be favorit among us surely.

5] Banda-goa border: one side of road is wide with new tarmac. no problem.

6] goa border-panaji: best as usual.

7] goa border-banda-maharashtra police check post: as mentioned earlier, road till banda town is in good condition. banda to maharashtra police checkpost is really bad though much improved in last six months. just crawl at 20 km speed.

8] maharashtra police checkpost-sawantwadi: best in condition, new tarmac, much improved in last six months, no issue at all, can cruise at 60.

9] sawantwadi-amboli: best in condition.

10] aajara-uttur-maharashtra/karnataka border: best in condition, can cruise at 80, no potholes, smooth surface, wide road.

11] maharashtra/karnataka border on uttur road--hotel kaveri at tawandi ghat near nippani: this 10 km road is in bad condition, 3 km road is pot holed, rest 7 km road has rough surface best for max 50km speed. I don't see any issue not to take this route. If you are not afraid of 3km potholed road, then take this route. 3 km potholed road is not continuous 3 km but parts of 500 meters each at different location.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 29th May 2012 at 13:32.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks