Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2014, 08:42   #1546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Girish,

Thanks your reply.

Our plans have changed and I have decided to drive along with my son so it will be two cars travelling together.

We will leave at 04:30 on the 29th. and hope to be in Goa by 14:30 or a little later the same day.

Once we get there I will update you on the road condition.

Intention is to use Chorla Ghat.

Regards,

SS

Hi SS,

Have a wonderful drive ! And please let me know of the road conditions once you reach ! Hope to see you there
Old 28th December 2014, 10:10   #1547
BHPian

Just went to Goa last week via road. Kindly use the AH 47 upto Belgaum. The road through Sawantwadi is shorter in distance but there are a lot of trucks on the Sawantwadi road and the road surface is really horrible. Belgaum to Goa is also a two lane road but there are just a couple of potholes and is really a lovely road for the driver and passengers.

A look at the AH47. Very safe road and one can easily cruise at 3 digit speeds

Girish and others, feel free to ask any other things.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-1419741535512.jpg  

Last edited by 300 KMPH : 28th December 2014 at 10:12.
300 KMPH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 15:02   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
Just went to Goa last week via road. Kindly use the AH 47 upto Belgaum. The road through Sawantwadi is shorter in distance but there are a lot of trucks on the Sawantwadi road and the road surface is really horrible. Belgaum to Goa is also a two lane road but there are just a couple of potholes and is really a lovely road for the driver and passengers.

Hi 300,

As per your advise I'll be taking the belgaum chorla route only. Just wanted to check about the stopover points (if any) between belgaum and sanquelim ? Any restaurant / good eatery ?
Also, how is the pune satara stretch currently ? Is it any better ?
Old 28th December 2014, 15:21   #1549
VBN
BHPian

What are the GPS coordinates for chorla? I missed it on my way from Kolhapur to goa 2 days ago. Also, am looking to return back from Karwar to Mumbai in 2 days with halt in kolhapur. What is the route that 1 would recommend to get from Karwar to kolhapur? Should I go via Goa or via Ankola-yellapur/hubli-Belgaum ?
Old 28th December 2014, 19:52   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I took this trip last week from Mumbai. We drove from mumbai via Pune - Satara - Kolhapur - Nippani - Tawande Ghats (Turn right from here to a single lane road) - ajra - Amboli - sawantwadi - Goa. The roads are good till tawande ghats (excellent dual carriageway) and once you make that right turn, the road does deteriorate. The final stretch of this route which includes a ghat section is in shambles and gave us a hard time. Also, there were a lot of tractors carrying sugarcane on this road & some had no reflectors or headlights. This road is best avoided during night I think. I did it at night and it was quite spooky with not a soul in sight for long stretches.
Thanks ike...I am doing this in day. Planning to start from Pune around 6 / 7 in the morning and target to reach Goa by 6 pm. Understand from friends and Hotel that its quite rush in Goa during this time and may encounter some traffic jam once I am close to Goa, so seems it will take 10 - 12 hours.

Cheers!

Amyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
amyth78, there is a mega thread on this topic
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...r-goa-103.html

You can refer to the same.
Mods, request you to merge this thread with the above mentioned thread.
Thanks Simhi...will definitely go through your suggested thread. Somehow missed that during my initial searches.

Cheers!

Amyth

Last edited by Eddy : 28th December 2014 at 23:00. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.
Old 28th December 2014, 20:10   #1551
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:

Thanks 300 KMPH. I am doing Goa from Pune on 31st December. As per your advise will take Pune - Satara - Kolhapur - Nipani - Belgaum - Khanapur - Londa - Goa (as suggested in Google Map). Is it correct?

Also, I am travelling with Family (wife and twin sons of 7 years old), so need 2 - 3 halts on the way. I know certain halt points between Pune - Kolhapur. Any good place for pit stop between Kolhapur and Goa? Please advise. Also let us know any specific precautions on this route. I am doing this on day. I am driving XUV and Starting from Pune at 6/7 am with a target to reach Goa by 6.

Thanks!

Amyth
Old 28th December 2014, 20:40   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Hi 300,

As per your advise I'll be taking the belgaum chorla route only. Just wanted to check about the stopover points (if any) between belgaum and sanquelim ? Any restaurant / good eatery ?
Also, how is the pune satara stretch currently ? Is it any better ?
Pune-Satara stretch is still poor. Pathetic road surface and many tolls. No lane markings at all. Poor discipline too. My vento with full luggage and 4 people on board had fully scraped mudflaps on badly made speed humps.

I am not very aware of any good restaurants between Belgaum and Sanquelim. I had taken a stop while going to Kolhapur (on the way to Goa) at KFC/Mcdonalds on AH47. (KFC and McDonalds stick to each other at opposite side though). So we took a you turn for it.

The cause of taking a U turn was because we missed really good hotels at first. While heading to Goa, I recommend you to slow down when Kolhapur is 10 kms away. I remember seeing 2-3 good airconditioned hotels.

While returning from Goa, we encountered a decent/standard, small restaurant nearing Kolhapur and decided to stop. You can see the name at the left corner in my previous post's attached image.

Note:
1.Avoid entering Kolhapur just for dinner as there is a toll booth for internal road strangely.

2. Get a phone charger in the car and strictly use GPS.

Here is a pic I captured at KFC. Thought it may help you.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-1419779207602.jpg  

Last edited by 300 KMPH : 28th December 2014 at 20:47.
Old 29th December 2014, 10:30   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Pune-Satara stretch is still poor. Pathetic road surface and many tolls.
==========
Here is a pic I captured at KFC. Thought it may help you.
Thanks for the update 300KMPH. Will keep these points in mind ! I hope I don't miss the belgaum exit towards chorla (Ive heard many people tend to miss this and go ahead instead!). Thanks once again !
Old 29th December 2014, 10:42   #1554
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the update 300KMPH. Will keep these points in mind ! I hope I don't miss the belgaum exit towards chorla (Ive heard many people tend to miss this and go ahead instead!). Thanks once again !
Put Chorla in google maps, and it will guide you off the NH4 just before Belgaum and take you through to Chorla. Remember when you reach some place called Piranwadi, you have to go towards the right and pass some place called Jamboti.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 11:14   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just follow the instructions in this post and you won't go wrong:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3416835

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 29th December 2014, 12:46   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
am looking to return back from Karwar to Mumbai in 2 days with halt in kolhapur. What is the route that 1 would recommend to get from Karwar to kolhapur? Should I go via Goa or via Ankola-yellapur/hubli-Belgaum ?
Karwar-NH63-Yellapur-Hubli-NH4-Pune.Going through Goa is going to slow you down considerably.
Old 29th December 2014, 14:30   #1557
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Karwar-NH63-Yellapur-Hubli-NH4-Pune.Going through Goa is going to slow you down considerably.

Thank you Ranjitp. Will try it.
Old 2nd January 2015, 16:25   #1558
BHPian

Can anybody please give me the co-ordinates for the Chorla Ghat turn-off from NH 4 via Belgaum coming from Pune and also the co-ordinates for Chorla Ghat? I would be much obliged. Thank you.
Old 2nd January 2015, 18:17   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Just returned from the Pune-Goa trip. Took Pune-Kolhapur-Nipani-Tavandi-Ajara-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Goa route.

1. Pune-Satara stretch has many diversions and overall makes your progress slow.
2. Satara-Tavandi is in good shape and you can easily do 90-120 on this stretch.
3. The road between Ajara and Amboli ghat end is comparatively in average shape. It would slow you down a bit but road repair work in Amoli ghat is in full swing.
4. Sawantwadi-Goa (Vasco) road is pretty good and you can comfortably do around 90.

It took me around 7.5 hours to reach Pune from Calangute, Goa (Without including a break of an hr).
Old 2nd January 2015, 19:09   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Brutus View Post
Can anybody please give me the co-ordinates for the Chorla Ghat turn-off from NH 4 via Belgaum coming from Pune and also the co-ordinates for Chorla Ghat? I would be much obliged. Thank you.
If you are looking for GPS co-ordinates,my post isnt going to help you.If its directions,then just follow the steps given in this post by Sahir

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3416835

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks