Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 11:41   #1861
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by navlur View Post
I selected the Tamhini route to reach Pune as I do not want to use the Mahabaleshwar route
The distance between Roha and Belgavi is 460 kms and the mid-point is Satara.
From Roha to reach Satara - you will have to come by Mahabaleshwar. That is not a bad road. Ghat road but nothing to worry about. Just go slow (to avoid motion sickness) and you will not have any trouble. I did this stretch in December 2015 and no issues whatsoever.

I had taken - Raigad - Pholadpur - Pratagarh - Mahabaleswar - Medha - Satara and then Kolhapur - Belgaum - Bangalore.

Early morning 5am start from Roha should be good - not much to worry about traffic or heat.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 11:50   #1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
From Roha to reach Satara - you will have to come by Mahabaleshwar. That is not a bad road. Ghat road but nothing to worry about.
Thanks, but I would still prefer getting on the NH4 as early as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Early morning 5am start from Roha should be good - not much to worry about traffic or heat.
I will start from Mumbai by 6 am and reach Roha by 10 am, halt for 3-4 hours and then start for Satara.
Old 13th April 2016, 17:22   #1863
BHPian

After 3 years, its time for Goa again during summers. Wonder why my plans always materialize during the dry months. Planning the usual Satara - kolhapur - Belgaum - Chorla route into Goa. I usually follow this road, but the last time I was on this route, the mining trucks had created havoc with the roads. Reading the earlier posts, it seems the roads are in a far better condition than they were 3 years back. If that is the case, it will be a joy to travel once again on the beautiful roads leading to Goa.
Old 13th April 2016, 17:52   #1864
BHPian

^^ hi aveek. I recently made a trip and can confirm nothing to complain about nippani-amboli-sawantwadi-goa route..
I also have videos of the same if your interested to see how the road conditions are to and fro. PM me for a link to the videos. Not sure if I'm allowed to share videos in the thread.
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:00   #1865
BHPian

Hi All,

Would anyone be able to tell me what the current total for the tolls would be? I'm probably driving next week, from Mumbai, with an over night stop in Pune. Thank you!
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:33   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaS View Post
Hi All,

Would anyone be able to tell me what the current total for the tolls would be? Thank you!
Till where? Are you asking about total number of tolls or total of amount which burns hole in our pocket?
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:44   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post
Till where? Are you asking about total number of tolls or total of amount which burns hole in our pocket?
Apologies, from Pune (after the expressway) until Goa. And yes, the amount which burns a hole in the pocket
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:54   #1868
BHPian

Few months back, I have been to Goa. While going, I took Pune - Satara - kolhapur - Belgaum - Chorla route. This is very good road but overtaking is difficult and you have 1-2 more tolls to pay. Also, we lost in Beagaum to find the Chorla route and wasted 30 minutes despite having Google Map.

While coming back, I took goa - sawantwadi - amboli - nippani route. Roads are good and overtaking is easier as compare to Chorla route. I also find this route faster.
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 18:13   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaS View Post
Apologies, from Pune (after the expressway) until Goa. And yes, the amount which burns a hole in the pocket
Hello Sir, Below are toll charges,

Khedshivapur – Rs.80/-
Before Satara – Rs.55/-
Taswade (Before Karad) – Rs.70/-
Kini (Before Kolhapur) – Rs.70/-
Kognoli (After Kagal) – Rs.35/-
Hattargi – Rs.15/- (if you decide to drive via Belgaum)
Goa Entry – Rs.250/-

These all are one way charges.
There would not be any charges while leaving Goa.
Ertigiat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 18:16   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Few months back, I have been to Goa. While going, I took Pune - Satara - kolhapur - Belgaum - Chorla route. This is very good road but overtaking is difficult and you have 1-2 more tolls to pay. Also, we lost in Beagaum to find the Chorla route and wasted 30 minutes despite having Google Map.

While coming back, I took goa - sawantwadi - amboli - nippani route. Roads are good and overtaking is easier as compare to Chorla route. I also find this route faster.
Yes, I'm going to be taking the Nippani - Amboli - Sawantwadi route.
Old 27th April 2016, 09:07   #1871
BHPian

Hey Guys, am planning for a Summer Goa Trip in the 22 - 26 May Week for 4 or 5 Nights with my Family. Main motive is to take a much needed break and just relax at the Hotel and Beach. Planning for South Goa since we are not too much Party People and enjoy peaceful and calm atmosphere. Getting pretty good Hotel Deals.

Had some queries:

1) Is South Goa better for my requirements or should i go North ?
2) Most important is weather. Appreciate some help from local Goan Bhpians. I know it will be Hot, which is fine but how hot and humid ? Any chance of rains at that time ?
3) Planning to stay near Benaulim Beach this time ? Good place in Goa to stay ? Mostly we will lazing around in the Hotel Pool and going to the Beach for a Dip and Stroll.
4) What about the Beach Shacks ? Would they be open in May end time ?
5) A few years ago, i had taken the Chorla Ghat Route and it was good. Is the Nippani - Amboli - Sawantwadi route more better and preferred route now ?

Appreciate any responses.
Thanks Guys.
Old 27th April 2016, 09:20   #1872
Senior - BHPian

It will be very hot and humid, like Mumbai, unless the monsoon arrives early. No one can predict that reliably just now.
For what you are planning to do, the place that gets you the best deal for the required quality level is the best, not much to choose otherwise between the different parts of the state. Candolim in North is also quite good as is Benaulim.
Beach shacks are open till the monsoon begins in earnest.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 09:25   #1873
Senior - BHPian

The monsoon is expected to begin in Kerala by may2nd as per the headlines in the local dailies in Kerala.heavy rains in parts of Kerala last night as well.Predictions are for an extended monsoon-at the end of the day Predictions are just thatbut then Goa is lovely in the rains too with sheets of rain coming in from the Arabian sea every few minutes.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 10:02   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Hey Guys, am planning for a Summer Goa Trip in the 22 - 26 May Week for 4 or 5 Nights with my Family. Main motive is to take a much needed break and just relax at the Hotel and Beach. Planning for South Goa since we are not too much Party People and enjoy peaceful and calm atmosphere. Getting pretty good Hotel Deals.

Appreciate any responses.
Thanks Guys.
My Replies in Bold.
Had some queries:

1) Is South Goa better for my requirements or should i go North ?
If your looking for a lazy/relaxing holiday then south Goa is prefered over the north.North will be more crowded.

2) Most important is weather. Appreciate some help from local Goan Bhpians. I know it will be Hot, which is fine but how hot and humid ? Any chance of rains at that time ?
I cannot predict the rains but going by the current weather pattern,its going to be really hot n humid! Also there are chances of pre monsoon showers towards the last week of may so overcast conditions may reduce the severity of the heat,though it will be still humid. Dont forget your sunscreen

3) Planning to stay near Benaulim Beach this time ? Good place in Goa to stay ? Mostly we will lazing around in the Hotel Pool and going to the Beach for a Dip and Stroll.
The whole of south Goa has resorts dotting the coastline. Benaulim is a good place to stay.Has good shacks and the beach is not too crowded.Plus nearby there are other not so famous but cleaner and less crowded beaches.

4) What about the Beach Shacks ? Would they be open in May end time ?
Yes, they are open till the first week of June or depending on the severity of the pre monsoons., but you shouldn't worry since your stay ends by 26.

5) A few years ago, i had taken the Chorla Ghat Route and it was good. Is the Nippani - Amboli - Sawantwadi route more better and preferred route now ?
I haven't had any experience on this route but the chorla-belgaum route tends to get a little slower with traffic in belgaum.

Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing stay in Goa.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 27th April 2016 at 10:05.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 10:15   #1875
BHPian

Just adding to the above.. The nippani route is what I normally take. Easier if coming from from Bombay. Roads were good right till north Goa.. But people do speed on the ghats. Be careful about that. And lunch break at sawantwadi is always yummy.

Last edited by Shanmd : 27th April 2016 at 10:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks