Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2019, 14:19   #2581

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
I did the Chorla route on 25th and 29th Dec return on Pune-Saligao-Pune circuit. Chorla indeed is the recommended route to take to anywhere in North Goa. Surprising very less crowd in Goa in the dates that i was there. We could find plentiful parking at all beaches and even in Panaji city.
Agreed. I did Pune Goa last weekend and the Chorla drive was amazing. A few S bends on the ghat were patchy. A few diversions enroute mostly on the Maharashtra end. Roads are of better quality as well as more disciplined traffic on the Karnataka side. Can stop at Delta eco huts nestled in the ghat section for a quick peaceful tea break. Other than that nothing to worry about. Niyaaz in Belgaum is a good option for a meal barely 1 km in from the highway but would be worth a visit for kebab and biryani lovers. They also have an outlet in Panji with consistency in taste. Those driving from Pune looking for an early lunch break (while leaving in morning) can stop at Mapro Food park in Wai for awesome sandwiches/shakes/ice-cream/pizza.
Happy driving!
fahadkhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 11:47   #2582

Leaving for Pune from Goa via Chorla in our Scorpio around 6 am. How do we hit the highway once we reach Belgaum. Any route suggestions and tips for my trip. I will be taking the Bicholim road towards Chorla and then Belgaum.

Also please suggest some breakfast places around Belgaum.

TIA
Old 11th January 2019, 18:56   #2583
BHPian

Final update :-

Part of NH4A ( Belgaum--Panjim highway) from Ramnagar to Anmod has been finally closed for traffic. Here is a pic of the same ( source - All about Belgaum Facebook page ) -

https://www.facebook.com/10704133355...6144231643553/
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-fb_img_1547212801684.jpg  

vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 16:05   #2584
BHPian

The drama surrounding the closure of Anmod ghat refuses to die.

News of Ghat Closure

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-anmod-closure-1.jpg

Residents Demand

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-anmod-closure.jpg

Today's update

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-anmod-closure-2.jpg
Ertigiat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 16:28   #2585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post

Today's update

Attachment 1837822
Thanks I think the bottomline here is that Khanapur--Hemmadga--Anmod ( the Bhimgad wildlife sanctuary road) is open and one can take that road between 6 a.m to 6 pm, ignoring all the confusion prevailing with the other routes
Old 17th January 2019, 20:09   #2586
BHPian

I am planning to take the Khanapur--Hemmadga--Anmod route. Any information on the condition of the road?
Old 18th January 2019, 20:56   #2587
BHPian

Any improvements in Amboli route ? Planning the drive next week.
Old 21st January 2019, 11:26   #2588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Thanks I think the bottomline here is that Khanapur--Hemmadga--Anmod ( the Bhimgad wildlife sanctuary road) is open and one can take that road between 6 a.m to 6 pm, ignoring all the confusion prevailing with the other routes
Quote:
Hi vivek95 & Ertigiat, I will be travelling to Betalbatim on Jan 31, and GMaps shows the following 2 routes:

1. Via Chorla - Sanquelim

2. Via Bhimgad - Anmod - Mollem

I have used both Chorla and Anmod ghats several times, but since I am travelling to Central/South-ish Goa for the 1st time, wanted to ask which one of these 2 routes has less traffic, or at least less probability of getting stuck in traffic once I enter Goa?

EDIT: If you know a more optimum route (other than the 2 above), please feel free to suggest.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 21st January 2019 at 11:31.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 12:15   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi vivek95 & Ertigiat, I will be travelling to Betalbatim on Jan 31, and GMaps shows the following 2 routes:

1. Via Chorla - Sanquelim

2. Via Bhimgad - Anmod - Mollem

I have used both Chorla and Anmod ghats several times, but since I am travelling to Central/South-ish Goa for the 1st time, wanted to ask which one of these 2 routes has less traffic, or at least less probability of getting stuck in traffic once I enter Goa?

EDIT: If you know a more optimum route (other than the 2 above), please feel free to suggest.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram

I would anyday stick to the Bhimgad--Anmod--Mollem route for anything that is South i.e around Colva, Madgaon region and hence would suggest you the same. Also, as a consequence of partial closure of NH4A, that route is seeing less traffic these days but on the other hand, traffic on Chorla has drastically increased ( as reported by people back in my hometown - Belgaum ). Since you are a regular on these routes, you know how narrow the roads are on Chorla route, especially post the Keri toll. My suggestion is to stick to Route no. 2.

Keep in mind, about 3 kms of the last stretch in Belgaum city, ahead of Peeranwadi cross, the road is bad, rest is all good to go. Hope @Ertigiat pitches in and gives his inputs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Any improvements in Amboli route ? Planning the drive next week.
In the below screenshot, you can see what my friend, who drove Goa to Pune, posted on Facebook yesterday regarding the Amboli route.
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot_20190121123938__01.jpg

But please note that, he took Goa--Amboli--Ajara--Gadhinglaj--Sankeshwar--NH4--Pune route.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st January 2019 at 12:47.
vivek95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 13:56   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I would anyday stick to the Bhimgad--Anmod--Mollem route for anything that is South.
I would recommend Route 2.

Doesn't make any sense to drive through Chorla ghat as Vivek has already mentioned about increase in traffic.

Traffic through Anmod ghat has dropped drastically. Though only four wheeler & two wheeler are allowed through Anmod ghat few locals push their trucks through this route.

Be careful while entering and exiting ghat (at Karnataka border) as authorities have dumped plenty of mud and have dug up certain section of road.

I'll keep you posted for the change, in case any happens.

Your destination is Betalbatim. You even won't be entering Ponda or Margao. There is absolutely no probability of you getting stuck anywhere once you enter Goa.

Happy Driving!
Ertigiat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 15:04   #2591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vikram, I would anyday stick to the Bhimgad--Anmod--Mollem route for anything that is South i.e around Colva, Madgaon region and hence would suggest you the same.
Quote:
I would recommend Route 2.
Thanks you for your replies! I will stick to the Anmod route then.

1 more question - Are heavy vehicles still banned from entering Belgaum during the day, like they were a few months ago? If yes, then I'll need to be mentally prepared for chaotic traffic on the road leading to Khanapur, where they would be parked

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 16:29   #2592
BHPian

Quote:

1 more question - Are heavy vehicles still banned from entering Belgaum during the day, like they were a few months ago? If yes, then I'll need to be mentally prepared for chaotic traffic on the road leading to Khanapur, where they would be parked

Cheers,
Vikram
No, that was a failed attempt. It's all good to go now. Traffic on one "Congress road" in Belgaum ( which one will surely pass through on the way to Goa ) has also reduced now as an ROB on the parallel road has been completed and thrown open for traffic.

You need to be careful at the right turn for Bhimgad route in Khanapur town, as many of them tend to overshoot that point.
Old 21st January 2019, 16:36   #2593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need to be careful at the right turn for Bhimgad route in Khanapur town, as many of them tend to overshoot that point.
Yup, I will - thanks for the reminder IIRC, this turn is a little distance after a small bridge over the Malaprabha river, right after an institute of advanced learning called "Central Pottery Institute" or something like that.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 17:28   #2594

Anybody tried Amboli route recently? Any improvement in conditions?
Old 22nd January 2019, 23:19   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0912 View Post
Anybody tried Amboli route recently? Any improvement in conditions?
Its just fine, Its mentioned just 4 posts above before you posted this.

Also, my friend traveled just yesterday and reports that the road is butter smooth except few potholes in Karnataka section.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 22nd January 2019 at 23:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks