Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2019, 18:29   #2806
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagarpradhan85 View Post
Hello! Intend to do Pune-Goa via Chorla next Sunday. Has anyone been on this route lately?

Any feedback is appreciated!!
I am also planning the same route on 28th Oct. Is there any news on Anmod ghat being open? How is the Chorla route given that it has taken the load of Anmod for so many months?

Thanks
Anand
Old 17th October 2019, 13:02   #2807
BHPian

Ahmedabad to Goa Route current update

Guys need your inputs on this ...

I plan to drive from Ahmedabad to North Goa (Candolim) during Diwali week. The route that we have taken in the past is A'bad-Pune-Kohlapur-Belgaum-Chorla Ghat-North Goa.

Considering the present road situation is Chorla Ghat still the best route ?
Which is the best route to enter Goa to avoid the construction/ four laning work?

Also suggest any good breakfast joint around Pune with clean toilets (as we shall be driving non-stop from Ahmedabad)
Old 17th October 2019, 15:23   #2808

Hi, I am also interested to know the latest condition of Chorla ghat. Going to Varca from Pune late October. The condition of this road during monsoon was bad.
Old 18th October 2019, 19:52   #2809
BHPian

Hi! Given the condition of Chorla ghat, how much of a detour would it be to take Amboli for south Goa?
Old 20th October 2019, 14:18   #2810
BHPian

Just wanted to post a feedback and update on Chorla Ghat road. I drove through with family from Pune to South Goa last day. Chorla ghat is very good until Goa border. Post that drive with caution, very much doable, just drive with caution as roads are having potholes and damaged in many sections. I drive an 7 year old i20 just to offer you a frame of reference.
Pam81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 19:43   #2811
BHPian

Quick update on the Pune to Shirval sector of the NH48.

The situation is quite grim near the 4 diversions. We started at 6:30 am on motorcycles and it took us 90 minutes to reach Shirval. Massive potholes at the end of the diversions has resulted in a lot of traffic pileup. The situation between Kapurhol and Shirval is especially bad. On our return journey at 11:30 am we saw traffic backed up for a couple of kilometers there. The potholes, in some cases are huge. Do be careful, regardless of the car you drive.

The return journey was better, but in a relative sense. Only two diversions to deal with which was made much worse as the police, in a feeble attempt to clear traffic, had diverted the opposite direction traffic onto these lanes.

Do leave as early as possible to avoid the mess. If you can't then budget at least 2.5 hours to reach Shirval in peak traffic. Given the delay in monsoon withdrawal, I don't see the situation improving for a while.

Despite the shambolic state of the stretch, they continue to collect toll which results in another pileup there. The sheer irony of it all

Last edited by ranjitnair77 : 20th October 2019 at 20:00.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 20:03   #2812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam81 View Post
Just wanted to post a feedback and update on Chorla Ghat road.
Thanks for this update. What time did you cross Belgaum and how was the traffic density in Chorla ghat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Quick update on the Pune to Shirval sector of the NH48.
In your opinion, would it be as dire on a weekday too? Planning to start for Belgaum en route to Goa around 1:00 PM on Oct 22. If yes, then might as well start on 23rd early morning at 5:00 AM and go to Goa directly.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 20:40   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
In your opinion, would it be as dire on a weekday too? Planning to start for Belgaum en route to Goa around 1:00 PM on Oct 22. If yes, then might as well start on 23rd early morning at 5:00 AM and go to Goa directly.
It might not be that dire on a weekday but it's quite hard to predict. I would stick to the plan. Just budget for an extra hour to 90 minutes.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 21:30   #2814
BHPian

Quote:

Planning to start for Belgaum en route to Goa around 1:00 PM on Oct 22. If yes, then might as well start on 23rd early morning at 5:00 AM and go to Goa directly.

Cheers,
Vikram
Sorry for off topic.

In all likelihood, I too would be driving Bombay to Belgaum on Oct 22nd, starting at 9 or 10 a.m from Mulund west, Mumbai OR 23rd early morning 4 a.m . Hope to spot you somewhere on the highway I would be driving a Silver VW Polo KA 22 regd. with "Live to Drive" and URL stickers on the rear.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 22:10   #2815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Sorry for off topic.

In all likelihood, I too would be driving Bombay to Belgaum on Oct 22nd, starting at 9 or 10 a.m from Mulund west, Mumbai OR 23rd early morning 4 a.m . Hope to spot you somewhere on the highway I would be driving a Silver VW Polo KA 22 regd. with "Live to Drive" and URL stickers on the rear.
I will keep an eye out for you too. Mine is a White Scorpio SLE, with a LCLC sticker on the rear door. Most likely you would overtake me easily on the 22nd, as I am quite a sedate driver compared to most of the people on the highways these days.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 22:24   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this update. What time did you cross Belgaum and how was the traffic density in Chorla ghat?
Crossed Belgaum at 1pm and reached Varca in South Goa by 5.30 pm. Beware of Belgaum city traffic, can’t avoid but you could keep moving slowly. I was stopped twice by traffic cops and as soon as I show the PUC they let me go. They prefer other state vehicles in general as I saw them frowning upon MH 12 license plate. Google was persistently showing Anmod Ghat route. With no news of it closed or open, I took a chance with Chorla and it turned out to be good. Traffic was very sparse. It was excessively raining last day and at one point after Kanukumbe, visibility was very poor in heavy rain. Otherwise, it was very pleasing drive. The roads after Chorla over the hairpin bends were fully damaged and some deep cuts on the sides. Be watchful and go slowly.

Last edited by Pam81 : 20th October 2019 at 22:25. Reason: Added more info
Pam81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 21:43   #2817
BHPian

Hi BHPians,
I am planning to do a Mumbai-North Goa (Morjim) this weekend. Based on the last few post I notice there are two potential routes-common till kolhapur and then-
1) Nipani- Ajara-Amboli-Banda-Pernem- Morjim (this could be Amboli-Sawantwadi-Kondure-Pernem-Morjim also)
2) Belgaum-Chorla-Sanqelim-then gmaps to Morjim
What would be a better option? I drive a Chevy Cruze if that makes a difference.
Old 22nd October 2019, 01:55   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Hi BHPians,

1) Nipani- Ajara-Amboli-Banda-Pernem- Morjim (this could be Amboli-Sawantwadi-Kondure-Pernem-Morjim also)
Stick with the 1st route as you are going to North Goa. Also keep in mind, being diwali weekend there would be traffic on the highway and ghat section.

And plus due to the continuous rains,the road post Shirval till Satara isnt in great condition.

I would suggest to start as early as possible from Mumbai so that you are ahead of the traffic.
KaandBaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:17   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagarpradhan85 View Post
Hello! Intend to do Pune-Goa via Chorla next Sunday. Has anyone been on this route lately?

Any feedback is appreciated!!
HI i will be doing this stretch on 26th Oct Saturday. Will update once i reach Goa by evening. In the meantime if anyone has done this pls update
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:47   #2820
BHPian

I am going to South Goa from Pune via Chorla on 26th too. Hopefully there is no flooding on the highway or in Belgaum city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks