Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2020, 19:56   #3091
BHPian

Did the route in 18th Nov 2020 started at 4:10 am and reached Siolim at 1:45 pm. Good timing with 2 halts, only bio breaks and fuel.

Nippani to Goa route is average, I have seen worst. A fully loaded vcross helped in clearing the bad patches quickly. (Empty vcross jumps around).

Return is on 26th let's hope few patches are repaired since the work was on going.
Old 23rd November 2020, 07:36   #3092
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Just a friendly update from my drive back from Goa yesterday:

Anmod ghat and the approach towards Anmod is at its best. Not a single reason to complain.

Anmod to Bhimgad road till the main gate of the sanctuary is broken. Atleast about 10 km if not more. The one after the main gate (right turn at the gate) is in good condition. Traffic on this route has increased many fold. I haven't crossed as many cars as I did yesterday.

Lastly, I think it is time to have a separate thread on the horror called Satara - Pune road.
moralfibre is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:11   #3093
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Lastly, I think it is time to have a separate thread on the horror called Satara - Pune road.
Haha, indeed. Returned from Ratnagiri yesterday and it was the fear of this stretch that we left at 7am in the hope to cross Khed Shivapur before 3pm. Thankfully, we crossed most tolls in under 5min, the longest being Aanewadi at 10min.

While the Pune - Satara and Satara - Pune stretches are deemed nightmare, the Kolhapur - Satara isn't much better (esp since it isn't concrete as the Satara - Kolhapur stretch is). I don't think it's going to hold together after another monsoon; the surface has gotten very rough.

And this non-sense of cars parking right ON the highway to buy vegetables lined up by villagers before Pune is horribly ridiculous. There were cops present alright but didn't seem to be helping anyway. Can't blame them completely though.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:16   #3094
BHPian

Quote:
the main gate (right turn at the gate) is in good condition. Traffic on this route has increased many fold. I haven't crossed as many cars as I did yesterday.

Thanks for the update. Anmod is bearing full load from Chorla. I too had spotted many Mumbai--Pune cars taking the Khanapur road in Belgaum towards Anmod-Goa. I am totally surprised that Goa state is showing such a lax attitude in repairing the Chorla route. In the past, Goa always would immediately spring into action whenever the ghat road went bad post monsoons. This and last year, they seem to be taking their own sweet time. Typically around 10-11 a.m onwards the traffic from Maharashtra used to start building up in Belgaum that used to continue till evening 5-6pm.

You are absolutely right, we need to have a separate thread on the pathetic state affairs of Reliance infrastructure handling Pune--Satara. Last I had superficially read somewhere on the internet that Mr. Nitin Gadkari has intervened, don't know if any changes have happened though. I bet high the 6 laning of Chitradurga--Hubli section of NH4 will get completed way faster and earlier than the gutter called Pune--Satara, despite beginning the work only in early 2019. Pune--Satara began in early 2012 Chandni Chowk area in Pune is only now being taken up for widening and some interchanges etc and what not, so God knows how many years will that take for completion and still be upto the mark given the shoddy work of Reliance. Shirwal--Pune is less than half complete. Sometimes I feel that Maharashtra has absolutely become hopeless since last 8-9 years. Karnataka wins hands down anyday when it comes to roads.

Last edited by vivek95 : 23rd November 2020 at 10:17.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:24   #3095
Team-BHP Support

One more thing: is there a cash-only lane at Khed Shivapur, towards Kolhapur? MH12/14 cars are exempt toll but since my car has Fastag, I get charged if the lane has a sensor. I couldn't find the cash only lane, either on the extreme left or right. When I raised a dispute with ICICI, they said they can't refund. On the journey back though, the extreme left lane is cash-only; the attendant looked at the reg. plate and asked me to keep going without charge.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 12:07   #3096
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
While the Pune - Satara and Satara - Pune stretches are deemed nightmare, the Kolhapur - Satara isn't much better (esp since it isn't concrete as the Satara - Kolhapur stretch is). I don't think it's going to hold together after another monsoon; the surface has gotten very rough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
You are absolutely right, we need to have a separate thread on the pathetic state affairs of Reliance infrastructure handling Pune--Satara. Last I had superficially read somewhere on the internet that Mr. Nitin Gadkari has intervened, don't know if any changes have happened though. I bet high the 6 laning of Chitradurga--Hubli section of NH4 will get completed way faster and earlier than the gutter called Pune--Satara, despite beginning the work only in early 2019. Pune--Satara began in early 2012 Chandni Chowk area in Pune is only now being taken up for widening and some interchanges etc and what not, so God knows how many years will that take for completion and still be upto the mark given the shoddy work of Reliance. Shirwal--Pune is less than half complete. Sometimes I feel that Maharashtra has absolutely become hopeless since last 8-9 years. Karnataka wins hands down anyday when it comes to roads.
Put together this thread. (The Nightmare called Pune - Satara - Karad - Kolhapur Highway)
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 23:34   #3097
BHPian

Today's breaking news - From 25th Nov Maharashtra has imposed new rules for those coming in from Delhi, Gujarat, Goa and Rajasthan. Source : News channels / internet.

Really worried about the Goa trip planned from 25-28 Nov. Plan to start from Pune on 25th morning and back on 28th night. Traveling to South Goa via Pune - Belgaum - Anmod ghat. With these new rule, thinking if we should really take this trip. Hotel bookings are already done and the refund policy is as cruel as it can be. News suggests that there will be Covid symptoms test / temperature check at the border. Those who are negative should be allowed to enter Maharashtra. Others have an option to either return back or follow SOP. Thinking of a worst scenario when someone is fine while going but develops symptoms while entering Maharashtra again.

The rule is applicable for those who are entering from given 4 states. Thinking how someone will know if I am coming down from Goa or Karnataka? Does it mean checks only for those traveling on Goa - Sawantwadi - Amboli? Or Chorla? Or applicable for Goa - Anmod ghat - Belgaum - Pune as well? Ideally this route shouldn't have any checks as Goa - Karnataka haven't imposed any such rules yet. Where all they can do checks?

Last edited by nexus : 23rd November 2020 at 23:37.
nexus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 02:52   #3098
BHPian

Yeah things are always tentative given the situation at hand. I believe via anmod route may go without checks but then they may come up with additional rule. Maybe if you really want to do the trip, plan a covid test result in Goa before you leave.

I think the situation in Delhi has really gone out of hands and MH govt wants to put some checks in place (not sure how much worse Gujarat or Goa is compared to MH itself). In an ideal condition these can be better planned so that economy can limp back and while covid is under check.

I have a trip planned for last 10 days of 2020 there. Keeping fingers crossed.

Do keep us posted, on how it went for you.
Old 24th November 2020, 12:19   #3099
Senior - BHPian

Returned from a 3 day Goa trip yesterday afternoon. Onward and return journeys were via Anmod ghat. It took me 5h 45m for Pune to Belgaum with a 1.15 pm start, and 3h 45m from Belgaum to Betalbatim, Goa with a 9 am start. Goa to Pune return journey took exactly 9h yesterday with a 6 am start. Nothing much to add to what moralfibre has written in his post above about road conditions, except that road widening and concretization work is in progress between Belgaum and Khanapur, so drive carefully and be alert for diversions. Thanks to vivek95 for patiently answering all my queries about crossing Belgaum .

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 24th November 2020 at 12:20.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 14:10   #3100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a friendly update from my drive back from Goa yesterday:

Anmod ghat and the approach towards Anmod is at its best. Not a single reason to complain.

Anmod to Bhimgad road till the main gate of the sanctuary is broken. Atleast about 10 km if not more. The one after the main gate (right turn at the gate) is in good condition. Traffic on this route has increased many fold. I haven't crossed as many cars as I did yesterday.
While coming from goa through Anmod, which route to take to reach khanapur, through Shiroli Rumewadi khanapur. Or through Gharli Londa kahanapur route?

Also is Chorla that bad that we have to take longer route through Anmod?

Last edited by nitinralli : 24th November 2020 at 14:11.
Old 24th November 2020, 15:28   #3101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
While coming from goa through Anmod, which route to take to reach khanapur, through Shiroli Rumewadi khanapur. Or through Gharli Londa kahanapur route?

Also is Chorla that bad that we have to take longer route through Anmod?
This is the route from Anmod to Khanapur.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/GD6UvZTwDc3Dp5uh6

About Chorla, my relative in Margao said that repairs are ongoing, but at a slow pace. Also, there's a chance of getting stuck if the repair crew cordons off a section of the Chorla route for a couple of hours, and there's no way to tell if and when they might do this during the day. That's why if you are in Central or South Goa, Anmod is preferable as of today. If you are in North Goa, opt for Amboli.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 14:00   #3102
Senior - BHPian

I did the Goa - Mumbai drive yesterday and took the Anmod Ghat Route Via Mollem and then Khanpur - Belgaum and Mumbai as suggested by moralfiber.

The road till where Anmod Ghat ends is a runway, I mean, its glass. After that when you take the left to the diversion towards Khanpur and get to the wildlife sanctuaries, they have good roads too but narrow. In some stretches of 10-15 kilometers in between its bad but overall if you ask me as compared to the Nippani one, I will anyway take this one even if I am going to North Goa.

Now with respect to time. It took me the same time in spite of 100-120 more kilometers of drive to come via the Anmod Ghat route, but this time the car and its passengers were happy too as the roads were not bad.

I left from Mumbai at 8 and reached Goa at 10:30 while going from Nippani. This is with just a lunch break. The only long toll line we got here was at the Mumbai-Pune expressway.

While getting back I left from Goa at 8 and reached home at around 11. This is with lunch, dinner and a tea and photography breaks as we were passing some amazing forest area. Also keep in mind, this is with passing the surroundings of Pune and Pune itself during peak hours where toll lines were massive.

Did not find any traffic in Belgaum, just a lot of left and rights to get out of the city. I would recommend the Anmod Ghat road anyday, its a longer one for sure, but well worth it.

Last edited by humyum : 25th November 2020 at 14:02.
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 19:47   #3103
BHPian

Travelling back tomorrow to Mumbai. As per info from local cops checking is not strict. Let's hope early morning start (4:30 am) helps since border is half n hour from where I am staying.
Old 25th November 2020, 20:18   #3104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I did the Goa - Mumbai drive yesterday and took the Anmod Ghat Route Via Mollem and then Khanpur - Belgaum and Mumbai as suggested by moralfiber.

The road till where Anmod Ghat ends is a runway, I mean, its glass. After that when you take the left to the diversion towards Khanpur and get to the wildlife sanctuaries, they have good roads too but narrow. In some stretches of 10-15 kilometers in between its bad but overall if you ask me as compared to the Nippani one, I will anyway take this one even if I am going to North Goa.

Now with respect to time. It took me the same time in spite of 100-120 more kilometers of drive to come via the Anmod Ghat route, but this time the car and its passengers were happy too as the roads were not bad.
Thanks for the info. Were you stopped by MH police for covid reports?
Old 25th November 2020, 23:08   #3105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thanks for the info. Were you stopped by MH police for covid reports?
No Checking, nothing. The only place they tried to stop me was after Anmod Ghat for alcohol. Rest no cops any where.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks