Team-BHP - Hyderabad to Jaipur : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Hyderabad to Jaipur : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/53045-hyderabad-jaipur-route-queries.html)

I am planning to travel from Hyderabad to Jaipur by Skoda around last week of february. Can anyone suggest me the best route to reach Jaipur. Please advise about the road conditions, breaking points, any nearby locations in between... Thanks in advance.

Hyderabadi.

Well after going through couple of threads in the forum, able to get 3 different routes.

1.) Hyderabad - Adilabad - Nagpur - Betul - Bhopal - Kota - Jaipur. Total of 1411kms.
Note sure about the road conditions after nagpur, may be this route is part of North - South Link/route which many say is worst and rather advised to take via Mumbai though the distance will increase by 300Kms.
ref - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...abad-trip.html

2.) Hyderabad - Sholapur - Pune - Nashik - Indore - Kota - Jaipur. Total of 1811kms.

3.) Hyderabad - Sholapur - Pune - Mumbai - Vadodara - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Ajmer - Jaipur. Total of 1895kms.
Hyd to Sholapur route is nice with less traffic and from Pune it should be a breez as its GQ.

Route 1 suggested by IndianNomad is the best and shortest. The road from Nagpur to Bhopal via Betul and Hoshangabad (NH 69) is in good condition. So is the road from Bhopal to Biaora (NH12) where you intersect NH3 and go direct to Kota. Maybe you should plan a stopover at Bhopal since hotel facilities after that till Kota are not good. There are some scraggly hotels at Biaora, but would not be caught dead staying there overnight.

Hi,

Clearly as Indian nomad and HVK have suggested, the shortest route is via Adilabad- Nagpur (NH 7) -Betul - Bhimbetka (NH 69) - Bhopal -Biaora-Rajgarh-Jhalawar-Kota-jaipur (NH 12). It appears Hyderabad - Nagpur and Nagpur-Bhopal are good stretches of road. I've travelled Jaipur- Bhopal on NH 12 in december 2007, and the stretch between the Rajgarh and the Rajasthan border was single lane and unsurfaced and scraped the car bottom atleast 3 times, despite prior driving experience on 'rural' roads, careful driving and the vehicle not carrying too much load. Roads improve once you cross over into Rajasthan, and Kota-Jaipur is excellent (though two laned and not 4). Provision 12 hours from Bhopal to Jaipur (just under 600 km).

The other thing you can do is take a detour from Bhopal via Dewas to Ujjain, take the toll highway from Ujjain to Jhalawar where you rejoin NH 12. This will add some distance and may not save time (overall), but I've travelled Ujjain - Jaipur on this route and the road was considerably better compared to the Bhopal -Jhalawar stretch and consequently more frequently used . Avoid driving after sundown in the Bhopal-Jhalawar stretch (irrespective of route).

Hope this is useful. Wish you all the best. Keep us posted on your travel experience.

Thanks.

Nitin

Sorry man. Realised my reply came ten months too late for you. Hope it helps others travelling the route though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianNomad (Post 1161091)
2.) Hyderabad - Sholapur - Pune - Nashik - Indore - Kota - Jaipur. Total of 1811kms.

If one has to go via Indore; Nizamabd-Nanded-Washim-Malkapur-Burhanpur is one more option and is around 835 kms. Add around 600 (?) kms for Indore-Jaipur

Hi BHPian's,

Have planned a road trip to Rajasthan next month. The route that I am taking is as follows:

Day 1: Hyderabad – Omkareshwar (Hotel suggestions)
Day 2: Omkareshwar – Ujjain (Hotel suggestions)
Day 3: Ujjain – Udaipur
Day 4: Udaipur City
Day 5: Udaipur - Nathdwara & Eklingji
Day 6: Udaipur – Mount Abu
Day 7 : Mount Abu
Day 8: Mount Abu – Jaisalmer
Day 9: Jaisalmer Fort, Cenotaph, Sam Dunes
Day 10: Fossil, Tanot and Border Post
Day 11: Jaisalmer – Jodhpur
Day 12: Jodhpur City Tour
Day 13: Jodhpur – Pushkar/Ajmer(where should I stay)
Day 14: Ajmer – Jaipur via Sambhar Lake
Day 15: Jaipur City tour
Day 16: Shopping
Day 17: Jaipur – Indore (Chittorgarh on the way)
Day 18: Indore – Hyderabad (Is it doable)

Apart from Day 1, 8 & Day 18, the runs are under 450 kms so as to not tire my 22 month son and ourselves in return :)

Day 17 is all expressway so is still relatively relaxed with 550 km run.

The Stead: It's a 7 month old Vista Refresh with 10k on the odo.

Extra Accessories planned: Puncture Repair Kit, Air Compressor, Additional Bottle Jack (Should I take bottle or some other), 1 Tube for the tyre, Tow Rope. What else should be looked at?

Also being planned is the Car Fridge.

Route, Food on route, Sight Seeing suggestions are most welcome.

Eagerly awaiting inputs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauravdgr8

Air Compressor,
Also being planned is the Car Fridge.

At Ajmer Country Inn by Carlson is an excellent option and is relatively new.Its on the NH8.

The car fridge could be a drain on the car.there is an ice box that can be plugged into the 12v socket.Costs about 6k,but all these would be a drain on the battery.

I would suggest you buy a foot pump instead of a compressor because if for some reason the 12v socket goes bust the compressor is rendered useless also all the compressors that come now are very low in quality and the plug breaks off easily or the fuse blows off for no reason and short circuits the 12v/lighter socket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 (Post 2832124)

Day 1: Hyderabad – Omkareshwar (Hotel suggestions)

Very long driving day. Which route are you planning to take - Hyderabad-Nizamabad-Basara-Nanded-Hingoli-Washim-Khamgaon-Burhanpur-Khandwa-Omkareshwar?
This route has poor facilities and is almost entirely 2-laned from the time you turn off NH7. Please carry enough food & water. Start very early to ensure you reach by night.

MPTDC best hotel.

Quote:

Day 2: Omkareshwar – Ujjain (Hotel suggestions)
I hope you are also visiting Maheshwar. In which case take:
Omkareshwar-Barwaha-Maheswar-Damnod-Mhow-Indore-Ujjain.
To go to Ujjain, take NH3 bypass and look out for left turn off towards Ujjain halfway on bypass towards Dewas, will avoid wading through the city.

MPTDC best hotel.

Quote:

Day 3: Ujjain – Udaipur
Ideally take the following route:
Ujjain-Badhnawar-Ratlam-Mandsaur-Neemuch-Chittorgarh-Udaipur.
Road is superb till Nemmuch after which you will face bad roads as you tarvel through RJ till Chittorgarh bypass. From bypass, directly go to Udaipur.
Poor facilities.

Quote:

Day 8: Mount Abu – Jaisalmer
You have 2 route choices. Go via Jodhpur or Palanpur. I would prefer the latter.

If you go via Jodhpur, you have to tackle heavy truck traffic on narrow 2-laned roads till Jodhpur, then also go on some bad roads for 30-40 kms out of Jodhpur.

If yo go via Palanpur, you will have fantastic 4-laned roads till Deesa, then some so-so roads till Sanchore, but after that fantastic roads via Barmer to Jaisalmer. You will enjoy the desert landscapes. Watch out for camel and animal crossings and the occasional dust storms.

Quote:

RTDC in Ajmer is good.

Quote:

Day 14: Ajmer – Jaipur via Sambhar Lake
Sambhar Lake area is to be avoided now that rains have begun. Go direct to Jaipur. Do not take Ajmer-Kishangarh on NH8 (road widening mess), instead take small detour on Ajmer-Nasirabad-Kishangarh.

Quote:

Day 17: Jaipur – Indore (Chittorgarh on the way)
Unless you are a super fast driver, difficult to reach Indore the same day after stopping over in Chittorgarh. Consider coming to Chittorgarh the previous day itself so that you can start early in Fort and leave before lunch for Indore via the same route you came.

Quote:

Total flog. Time yourself when you come to Omkareshwar. If you did that, you will do this one.

Quote:

Day 17 is all expressway so is still relatively relaxed with 550 km run.
What expressway. And why 550 kms? It is 850 kms from Indore to Hyderabad!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 2832302)
Very long driving day. Which route are you planning to take - Hyderabad-Nizamabad-Basara-Nanded-Hingoli-Washim-Khamgaon-Burhanpur-Khandwa-Omkareshwar?
This route has poor facilities and is almost entirely 2-laned from the time you turn off NH7. Please carry enough food & water. Start very early to ensure you reach by night.

This route is reasonably good. One can average 60 kmph easily. I find it better than 4 lane stuff, where some diversion or the other is always on and one has to waste time at tolls.

there appears to be a good hotel at washim
Welcome Hotel Maniprabha :: Luxrious & 100% Veg. Resturant In Washim City - Maharashtra INDIA

i can't vouch for it as i have not used it.

I had traveled in this route in may 2011. it is good.

Omkareswar to burhanpur 2.5 hous ( maximum) very good MPTDC hotel is there on the main road it self.

Burhanpur to Khamgoan bypass took me 2 hours

From washim bypass to basara via Aundha took me 6 hours with 1.5 hours break at Aundha nagnath temple

There toll booths at
sanawad rs 32
borgaon bypass rs 33
after Edalabad rs 17
Khagoan bypass rs 25
after washim bypass rs 15
after Hingoli Rs 17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 2832187)
The car fridge could be a drain on the car

I would suggest you buy a foot pump instead of a compressor because if for some reason the 12v socket goes bust the compressor is rendered useless also all the compressors that come now are very low in quality and the plug breaks off easily or the fuse blows off for no reason and short circuits the 12v/lighter socket.

Thanks Ranjit for the suggestions. Will do so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 2832302)

MPTDC best hotel.

I hope you are also visiting Maheshwar.

MPTDC best hotel.

Ideally take the following route:
Ujjain-Badhnawar-Ratlam-Mandsaur-Neemuch-Chittorgarh-Udaipur.

Sambhar Lake area is to be avoided now that rains have begun. Go direct to Jaipur. Do not take Ajmer-Kishangarh on NH8 (road widening mess), instead take small detour on Ajmer-Nasirabad-Kishangarh.

Unless you are a super fast driver, difficult to reach Indore the same day after stopping over in Chittorgarh. Consider coming to Chittorgarh the previous day itself so that you can start early in Fort and leave before lunch for Indore via the same route you came.

Total flog. Time yourself when you come to Omkareshwar. If you did that, you will do this one.

What expressway. And why 550 kms? It is 850 kms from Indore to Hyderabad!!

Yes, that's the route. Plan to leave at 5 am in the morning.

Maheshwar is not on the cards. It's direct to Ujjain from Omkareshwar.

Ujjain - Udaipur. Yes, that's the exact route chalked out.

The route selected from Mount Abu is the Palanpur - Tharad - Barmer section

Thanks for the suggestion on Sambhar and the route for Jaipur

Is 4 hours decent enough to reach Chittorgarh from Jaipur. So, if I reach Chittorgarh at 11 am, how much time would it take to do the Chittorgarh Fort and the Victory Pillar?

If I leave Indore at say 6 am, is it not possible to touch NH7/Nirmal by 6pm? Roads from Dichpally/Nirmal (from where NH 7 starts)- Hyderabad are pretty much known and can be done easily in 2/3 hours max.

Day 17 is Jaipur - Indore on the NH79. Sorry it's 640 kms. Being Expressway, should not be much of an issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkg (Post 2832369)

Omkareswar to burhanpur 2.5 hous ( maximum) very good MPTDC hotel is there on the main road it self.

Burhanpur to Khamgoan bypass took me 2 hours

From washim bypass to basara via Aundha took me 6 hours with 1.5 hours break at Aundha nagnath temple

For reaching Washim from Hyderabad, I am also thinking if I should take the Hyderabad - Nirmal - Bhainsa - Washim, instead of going via Nizamabad as I will be able to cover a longer distance on NH7. Although this route is 30 kms more, I could cover it faster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 (Post 2832497)
For reaching Washim from Hyderabad, I am also thinking if I should take the Hyderabad - Nirmal - Bhainsa - Washim, instead of going via Nizamabad as I will be able to cover a longer distance on NH7. Although this route is 30 kms more, I could cover it faster.

I don't know as did not travel on that route. i had to go to basar so i took the route mentioned. may be it is an good idea if it is only 30 km more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 (Post 2832497)
T
Is 4 hours decent enough to reach Chittorgarh from Jaipur. So, if I reach Chittorgarh at 11 am, how much time would it take to do the Chittorgarh Fort and the Victory Pillar?

4-5 hours.
Chittorgarh Fort may be at least 3 hours

Quote:

If I leave Indore at say 6 am, is it not possible to touch NH7/Nirmal by 6pm? Roads from Dichpally/Nirmal (from where NH 7 starts)- Hyderabad are pretty much known and can be done easily in 2/3 hours max.
Difficult. Will let you know later today. One of my friends has done exactly that, left Indore at 730 am today morning on his way to Hyderabad on the same rote, he is now reaching Khamgaon (115 pm) - so far, no stops.

Quote:

Should be fine.

Further update - Road from Ghazipur (NH6) to Patur, en route Washim, is not in good condition

Some information on the Washim - Ghazipur stretch.

Instead of taking Washim - Patur - Ghazipur route, Washim - Akola - Ghazipur route seems to be a better option. It's 20 kms more, however since the 4 laning contract was awarded by MH PWD in 2010, chances are some of it might be complete. Will call some bus operators on this route and check.