Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 13:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Guys, if I am driving Delhi-Pune instead of Delhi-Mumbai, do I still have to go via Mumbai? I thought there was a bypass to Pune from near Dahanu. Can anyone provide details of best route for Delhi-Pune. Thanks.
Optimal route from Pune to Delhi is via Bombay. Alternative routes are both worse roads and more time-consuming (like, say, via Nasik and Saputara). The advantages of the expressway and the NH8 from Bombay outweigh the disadvantages of having to cross Bombay which, in any case, can be done in under an hour. Please search this forum for the route on this which briefly is: Expressway end-Belpaur-Turbhe-Kopar Khairne-Airoli-Mulund-Thane-Ghodbunder. Nowher eon this route you will face any serious traffic jams although I would advise early-morning crossing (possible if you leave Pune by 4-5 am). Avoid the Bombay bypass from Panvel/Kalamboli via Taloja and Kalwa to Thane which road is in a bad shape.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Take the Accord, .............

You need to slow down and be careful when you see humps, on the section Chittaurgarh where the road work is going on, from Baroda to Surat where the switch backs can be dicey. All other sections are a breeze for the Accord;

Yes, .................20 hours.

--Ramky
=======
Just saw a travalogue which says the Chittaurgarh BP is finished, means you can save up to 15-30 minutes of drivie time on this section, one more reason to take the Altis.

This is a welcome news indeed !!!!!

=========
Old 16th February 2009, 16:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Just saw a travalogue which says the Chittaurgarh BP is finished, means you can save up to 15-30 minutes of drivie time on this section, one more reason to take the Altis.

This is a welcome news indeed !!!!!

=========
Not true. Someone went that way 2 days ago, have to still pass through town, bypass is incomplete
Old 16th February 2009, 18:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Not true. Someone went that way 2 days ago, have to still pass through town, bypass is incomplete
Oh, HVK ..... Surprised!!!!!

I read in the link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...pur-delhi.html

on 23rd Jan, 2009, Quote:

“I had read in all the travelogues that for Chittaurgarh there exists no bypass and we had to cross from within the city which is why we planned to give the Chittaurgarh fort a visit. But to my surprise the highway NH 79 has now been stretched and etched to enale you to bypass the Chittaurgarh city as well. Thats the only place we had got confused and enquire the NHAI employee to help us know the route to Chittaurgarh fearing we had diverted from our way.

At 1515 hours we were expecting Chittaurgarh to be near by but as there was no buzzing city life to see anywhere we could see we assumed we were far off yet. Just out of intuition we decided to enquire the route from the next life we see enroute. To our utter surprise the NHAI employee informed that we just need to lake a U-turnish diversion 100 meters ahead to the rightmost lane, that is the NH 76 highway leading straight to Udaipur !!! BINGO !!! We were glad we enquired right person dot on time. Had we waited for another few kms to ask, expecting to pass though the city before finding the diversion to NH 76, we would have lost the diversion far behind.”

When we did the GQ drive, a lot of work had progressed and I was overjoyed to read the BP was complete and we don’t have to take Chittaurgarh trauma anymore.

Guess we have to wait some more...

--Ramky

Last edited by ramkya1 : 16th February 2009 at 18:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks