Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 21:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Kanpur - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh : Route Queries

The road between Satna & Bandhavgarh is a smooth, beautiful single lane tar road except for the last few kilometers nearing Tala, Bandhavgarh.

I did not go through Satna but turned from Nagod to Unchahara to Maihar to Barhi to Tala.

Did not touch Katni & Umaria.

Read this particular post related to travel to B'garh from Khajuraho:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2337067

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post

gd1418: What's the road condition between satna and Bandhavgarh? Which route did you follow? Was Katni on your way or did you take Malhar to Umaria?

Last edited by gd1418 : 27th February 2012 at 21:30.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
What's the road condition between satna and Bandhavgarh? Which route did you follow? Was Katni on your way or did you take Malhar to Umaria?
You could also take Rewa->Govindgarh->Beohari->Bandhavgarh (Tala). This is the SH9-SH10 route. All of it is two laned and not even a single bad patch. The topping on the cake is around 20 kms is on ghats where you cross two mountains. Even this part is in superb condition. I hardly could believe myself when I drove through this. Gave me a feeling I am driving somewhere in the US of A. Ask for the route to Shahdol in Rewa which takes you to SH9 and then take a right on SH10 to reach Bandhavgarh. You can continue to Umaria going further either to Jabalpur or Maihar. Except for 6/7 kms in Bandhavgarh which is left bad on purpose, rest of it is a dream to drive .
Old 24th November 2016, 18:14   #18
BHPian

I know this thread hasn't seen any activity for long, but was hoping if somebody could give me some inputs on the road conditions from Kanpur to Mahoba.
We plan to fly to Lucknow and go to Mahoba by road, I know that Lucknow to Kanpur would be good as it is an expressway, any inputs on the best route from Kanpur to Mahoba and the condition of the roads would be of immense help.
Old 12th November 2017, 21:43   #19

Route Query for a Tour to Rewa-Khajuraho-Jabalpur-Bandhavgarh

Planning a trip later in the winter to Madhya Pradesh-Chattisgarh along with my wife and a kid of six.
Just onto the drawing board now. So any suggestion is most welcome.
This is the preliminary plan I have chalked up:
Day I: Bolpur (WB) to Allahabad via NH2
Day II: Allahabad to Rewa (I am not too sure about the road condition between Benaras to Rewa which appears to be a much shorter route. Should i take this NH135 instead? Then I should think of a night stopover near Benaras)
Day III: Rewa to Khajuraho via Raneh Falls
Day IV: Khauraho to Jabalpur after Khajuraho temple hopping
Day V: Jabalpur local tour (Bheraghat, etc.)
Day VI: Jabalpur to Bandhavgarh (Tala). Planning to take an evening safari
Day VII: Bandhavgarh to Ambikapur (Chattisgarh). This stretch is totally unknown to me. Google map is showing two different routes ranging from 300 to 400 Kms. One via Jaisingnagar and catching NH43 in Shahdol and the other detouring via Umaria. It appears the former to be a better option since it appears to be a toll way -- at least partially.
Day VIII: Ambikapur to Ranchi ( Again I would like to know whether it is better to stick to NH43 or to take the Kusmi Lohardaga route to Ranchi)
Day IX: Ranchi to Bolpur
Any other addition/alteration of routes and visiting places is most welcome. I have been to Panna, so dropped in intentionally. Not very keen to visit Maihar also.
Attached Thumbnails
Kanpur - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh : Route Queries-hme-rewa.jpg  

Kanpur - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh : Route Queries-khajurahojabalpur.jpg  

Kanpur - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh : Route Queries-bandhavgarhambikapur.jpg  

Kanpur - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh : Route Queries-ambikapurranchi.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks