Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:01   #1
Team-BHP Support

Dilemma. Bikaner or Udaipur around 10th March?

Both are amazing places. The first preference is Bikaner, and both udaipur and bikaner are well connected to Delhi by good roads.
However Bikaner plan is now in doldrums due to early demise of winter. I am worried about too many dust storms. Hence Udaipur has come into equation also.

So if anybody local to the area can tell me I need not worry about dust storms, and peak day temps won't cross 35C, I think I will go to Bikaner.
MY other query is about places to stay there. Looking for a nice clean spacious place for < 1000rs/night.
Plan to stay for 4 nights.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:57   #2
BHPian

You are right, both the places are awesome! Dust storms rise in the evening when the sand cools faster than air and low pressure areas are created. Mid March is not the time for storms. They typicaly start around mid april and continue till early July. Day time temp will be more than 35 C in both places. In fact most of India (except places of elevation) will have similar temps that time of the year. Mumbai is already touching 36. Evenings will be far more pleasant in Bikaner, thanks to desert sand cooling faster. Class 5 geography! Udaipur is a better bet post monsoons with lakes having more water and the entire region being green. I did Udaipur in october and the lakes were low on water even then. So now will not be a good idea to be in the city of lakes with little water in lakes.

A good place to stay across Rajasthan is the RTDC hotels. They offer clean room, clean bathrooms. Thats what you need in a hotel for overnite stay. These definitely are not swanky hotels. Basic Dak Banglow kind accomodation. Cost between 500 to 1500 depending on the class and occupancy (single or double). You can book rooms on phone through the RTDC reservations in Jaipur.

You will have to keep calling the RTDC hotel you have booked to remind and confirm that you are coming. I mean once a day in the last 4 days you will have to remind them about the bookings. and on the last day call them up as you are driving to tell your time of arrival. These hotels dont run of computerised reservation systems. Registers is what they have.

Enjoy your trip!

Cheers!
Dushmish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks