Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 15:13   #1
BHPian

Mumbai To Jamnagar

Have relatives staying in Jamnagar and so thought I would go visit them and also see if I can hit the Great Rann of Kutch.

2 Questions:

1> What is the best route? Through Ahmedabad or is there some other diagonal I can take before that?

2> Is it possible in a day (5 am start). I am a 'heavy duty' driver but this time I have my parents travelling with me and dont want to tire them out.

Thanks in advance for any guidance and tips.
Old 4th March 2009, 16:42   #2
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
1> What is the best route? Through Ahmedabad or is there some other diagonal I can take before that?
I had travelled on the road from Ahmedabad, via Rajkot to Jamnagar in 2006. Its a lovely stretch.
Old 4th March 2009, 20:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

You do not have to touch Ahmedabad. Instead, you can go directly to Rajkot by turning off NH8 at Vasad (beyond Baroda) and going via Borsad, Vataman and Tarapur to Bagdodara where you join NH4A from Ahmedabad to Rajkot en route Jamnagar.

The route is as follows:

Bombay/Ghodbunder-Vapi 138 kms-Surat 110 kms-Ankleshwar 54-Baroda bypass beginning 82-Baroda bypass end 27-Vasad 16-Borsad 19-Tarapur 31-Vataman 27-Bagdodara 30-Limbdi 43-Chotila 70-Rajkot 60-Kalavad 51-Jamnagar 45.

Do not take the Ahmedabad expressway but instead continue on the Baroda bypass. Turn off NH8 at Vasad. Join NH4A at Baddodara.

You can also go from Rajkot to Jamnagar via Dhrol.

Please note that once you leave NH8, facilities are quite poor all the way to Rajkot. The advanatge of the Vasad-Tarapur-Bagdodara route is that you avoid Ahmedabad.

It is also a great idea to take the expressway to Ahmedabad from Baroda, and exit onto the Sardar Patel Ring Road and go via Sarkhej to Rajkot. Advantage of high-speed roads all the way.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th March 2009 at 23:04. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks