Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 22:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Seriously I'm yet to come across at least a single hotel in hilly areas (read Munnar, Kodaikanal and likes) that have a fan. Anyone?
About Munnar, i can vouch that fans are not required there. Long ago I stayed there for three years and the interesting part is that while shifting to Munnar from Trivandrum my father sold off a pedestal fan. Even in the peak of summer you don't need one.

Last edited by rajeev k : 12th August 2012 at 22:42.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 19:16   #77
BHPian

Friends,

Best place for Breakfast/lunch in Munnar (strictly Veg)?

Also, is there any decent food options in Munnar-Top Station road (which has Mettupatty dam, Kundale Lake etc)?
I will reach Munnar by 10 AM and planning to cover Top station road whole day, Hence would like to know decent food joints in this stretch. Else, I have to get some food packed from Munnar itself.
Old 13th August 2012, 19:50   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
I would say no other place other than the resort you stay. That is the best bet that you have got.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 21:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Also, is there any decent food options in Munnar-Top Station road (which has Mettupatty dam, Kundale Lake etc)?
I will reach Munnar by 10 AM and planning to cover Top station road whole day, Hence would like to know decent food joints in this stretch. Else, I have to get some food packed from Munnar itself.
No restaurants on the Top Station road.The only strictly veg restaurant in Munnar is Saravana Bhavan(no relation to the original one).This is a small restaurant with very limited seating.Food is good though and for strict vegetarians this is the only life saver in Munnar that I am aware of.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 22:46   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
No restaurants on the Top Station road.The only strictly veg restaurant in Munnar is Saravana Bhavan(no relation to the original one).This is a small restaurant with very limited seating.Food is good though and for strict vegetarians this is the only life saver in Munnar that I am aware of.
recently I stayed in Munnar(Chinnakkanal Mahindra Lakeview resort) for few days and I did venture out to Munnar town and see that there are north Indian Jain Restaurants like "Mahaveer Hotel" are there. I have no idea about the quality of their service.
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 08:15   #81
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Options for veg. food are all mostly in Munnar town. Refer this earlier post in another thread:
here
Note that Silver Spoon is not a veg. only place but does serve veg. food. Saravana Bhavan for South indian food and Sujatha for North Indian food are good.

We could not find any decent restaurants on the Munnar-Top Station route. There are some shacks and one restaurant at Top Station but did not give us the confidence to eat there

Last edited by NPV : 14th August 2012 at 08:18.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 14:06   #82
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs Ampere, ranjitp1, deepclutch & NPV.
So, Munnar town it has to be for Breakfast/Lunch since am going with my family. Anyways, will pack some breads/snacks just in case
Old 17th August 2012, 21:31   #83
BHPian

Guys, I'm about to book a Luxury Suite in "The Siena Village". Any reccomendations for this place?

Also, in case you have better options, please let me know. Budget is not a constraint. Following is the requirement.

1. Good clean rooms with good ambience and good view

2. Preferrably out of Munnar town but shouldn't be too far away(max 20km is Ok)

3. Not looking at hotel type of stay and not looking at Oldish Bungalows as well

4. Preferrably a secluded place with not many people around

TIA.
Old 21st August 2012, 15:21   #84

Just a general response to this thread, in case it helps someone planning a trip to munnar- we stayed in a hotel called silver tips and I would recommend it. Its close to the town, yet located in quiet surroundings, has good views and is very clean. I also got a decent deal when I booked through one of the online travel websites.
Old 25th April 2013, 09:15   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one has stayed in Misty Mountain resort, Munnar? Feedback would be appreciated. OR any other options with a budget of around 3K.
Old 25th April 2013, 09:31   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Guys, I'm about to book a Luxury Suite in "The Siena Village". Any reccomendations for this place?

Also, in case you have better options, please let me know. Budget is not a constraint. Following is the requirement.

1. Good clean rooms with good ambience and good view

2. Preferrably out of Munnar town but shouldn't be too far away(max 20km is Ok)

3. Not looking at hotel type of stay and not looking at Oldish Bungalows as well

4. Preferrably a secluded place with not many people around

TIA.

http://www.aranyakaresorts.com/

Not very far off from munnar town, this is easily accessible by buses, share autos from munnar town. I have stayed here and I think this would meet all your conditions !

HTH
Shyam
shyamk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 09:34   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Any one has stayed in Misty Mountain resort, Munnar? Feedback would be appreciated. OR any other options with a budget of around 3K.
I had stayed there during October 2009. It was brand new then, and the place was in pristine condition. The location is awesome, and not too far from the town (8kms). Make sure you choose valley view rooms-they offer an amazing view. Food was also decent, for south Indian non vegetarians, it would not be an issue at all.
sandsun7 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 09:37   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Misty Mountain seems to be have decent review in tripadvisor. You can check for other hotels listed there for options-

http://www.tripadvisor.in/HACSearch?...g_3,sponsors:A

Personally have stayed at Siena Village and loved the place, great location and well laid out resort.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 13:56   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I had stayed there during October 2009.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Misty Mountain seems to be have decent review in tripadvisor. You can check for other hotels listed there for options-

http://www.tripadvisor.in/HACSearch?...g_3,sponsors:A

Personally have stayed at Siena Village and loved the place, great location and well laid out resort.
Thanks guys for the feedback. I have passed this to my sister who is planning for a trip during May 1st week.
Old 25th April 2013, 19:08   #90

We had stayed at seagrace cottage when we went to munnar couple of months back. It is right next to hotel grand plaza on msa road. The rooms were very clean and neat but a little small. It was priced at around 1200 rupees. Its a good place to stay, especially while on a budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks