Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 14:49   #1
BHPian

June 1st week Trip - Pune-Kodai-Munnar-Bandiapur

Hi,

Am planning for a trip from Pune to Kodai - Munnar - Bandipur and back in the first week of June. Ride is Swift Vxi '06, and I have about ten - twelve days' time.

I would like any help and advice regarding the best route to take and about the road and weather conditions, considering I have never been to the South before, although have done Pune-Lucknow and back.

All help appreciated and my warm thanks in advance to all...
Old 3rd May 2009, 14:15   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Hi,

Am planning for a trip from Pune to Kodai - Munnar - Bandipur and back in the first week of June. Ride is Swift Vxi '06, and I have about ten - twelve days' time.

I would like any help and advice regarding the best route to take and about the road and weather conditions, considering I have never been to the South before, although have done Pune-Lucknow and back.

All help appreciated and my warm thanks in advance to all...
Hi, I too live in Pune and am off on a Long South India tour on May 7th. I have done the South India tour many times in the past. If you are on a holiday then my suggested route to you is:
Pune- kohlapur- Belgaum- Hubli-Davangere- Ariskere- tumkur- Bangalore- Mysore- Bandipur-Ooty- Coimbatore- Palani- Kodaikanal- Munnar- Ernakulam- Trichur- Palghat- Coimbatore- ooty- Via Masangudi to Madhumalai- Bandipur- Mysore - Arsikere- Hubli- Belgaum - Kohlapur- Pune.
Please keep in mind the Arsikere- mysore stretch of roads are not good. If you wish to avoid Bangalore then take the Arsikere-Mysore stretch. Otherwise excellent roads throughout. If you need more details feel free to call me on 9890912649.
Rgds
Narayan
Old 4th May 2009, 12:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Instead of "Bangalore- Mysore- Bandipur-Ooty- Coimbatore- Palani- Kodaikanal", try the route in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...on-so-far.html

Kodaikanal to Munnar need to be through Chinnar, Marayoor. You will find plenty of posts about the detailed route here in BHP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks