Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 12:54   #1

Driving from Jamnagar to Siliguri

Hi Guys,

4 of us are driving down to Siliguri-in West Bengal from Jamnagar( Gujarat) in a Scorpio, later this year.Can somebody suggest the BEST possible route that we should take?We want to make this an amazing experiance that we can cherish for the rest of our lives.

Best Regards,

Anup
Old 16th March 2009, 14:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think you have posted your thread in wrong section. It must be here : Route / Travel Queries - Team-BHP
Old 16th March 2009, 15:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupminda View Post
Hi Guys,

4 of us are driving down to Siliguri-in West Bengal from Jamnagar( Gujarat) in a Scorpio, later this year.Can somebody suggest the BEST possible route that we should take?We want to make this an amazing experiance that we can cherish for the rest of our lives.

Best Regards,

Anup
I am driving down from Dibrugarh to Kutch next month, and I am taking the East-West corridor route, which is as follows:

Dibrugarh-Guwahati-Siliguri-Dalkola-Purnea-Begusarai-Samastipur-Muzaffarpur-Kushinagar-Gorakhpur-Ayodhya-Lucknow-Kanpur-Jhansi-Shivpuri-Chittorgarh-Palampur-Radhanpur-Samakhiyari-Bhuj-Koteshwar

This is not the most optimal route since it goes through some very bad roads in North Bihar.

I would recommend that you come to Durgapur from Siliguri, then take NH2 to Kanpur (via Aurangabad, Varanasi, Allahabad), and then go on teh route I suggested, from there on.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I would recommend that you come to Durgapur from Siliguri, then take NH2 to Kanpur (via Aurangabad, Varanasi, Allahabad), and then go on teh route I suggested, from there on.
I agree, better to keep in GQ mostly.

Durgapur - Panagarh (DarjeelingMore, turn left here onto NH60) - Ilam Bazar - Siuri - Rampurhat - Takipur - Moregram (turn left here for Nh34) - Farakka - Malda - Dalkhola - Siliguri

Durgapur to Panagarh is 20km (towards Kolkata).

Abhi
Old 17th March 2009, 11:19   #5

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Most Viewed