Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 15:01   #16
Team-BHP Support

Punjab does not get any fog in monsoon, just rain. Himachal can get fog/heavy rain/landslides etc.,
Esp the manali road few kms before manali. There is a problematic section which sees frequent landslides. Road blocks can last for hours on the section.
Leh manali road will not get blocked till first week of october.
Old 19th May 2010, 01:35   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Hi guys,

ALL IZZ WELL! Am finally going, dates are fixed, route is decided, information gathered from the Gurus, Co-travelers ready, What more could one ask for? Oh yeah July can arrive soon!

Four of us travelling by a Bolero Sportz 2004. Three from Mumbai, one joining in Delhi. Leaving Mumbai 4th. of July 2010. Expected return date 21st/22nd. of July 2010.

The route: Mumbai-Chittorgarh, Chittorgarh-Panipat, Panipat-Patnitop, Patnitop-Sonamarg, Sonamarg-Kargil, Kargil-Padum, Padum-Kargil, Kargil-Leh, Leh-Deskit/Hunder, Deskit/Hunder-PangongTso/Tangtse, PangongTso/Tangtse-TsoMoriri, TsoMoriri-Sarchu, Sarchu-Manali, Manali-New Delhi, New Delhi-Ajmer-Chittorgarh, Chittorgarh-Mumbai.

A very big thanks to H V Kumar, whose valuable inputs have helped me finalise on the plan and the route. Thank you to all the others who have already visited Leh/Ladakh and have posted their travelogues. You all have been a source of immense inspiration.

Would be great if I could meet up with any other TeamBHPian, undertaking a trip around this period.

Regards
Gautam.

Hi Gautam,

I am from Hyderabad, and have been in touch with Anirudh our Mile cruncher and have also gone through the detailed information put together by Mr. Kumar. I am leaving on the 02 July'10 in my TATA TL 4x4 and we are three of us set for a 16 day roundtrip.
Old 19th May 2010, 09:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajgoli View Post
Hi Gautam,

I am from Hyderabad, and have been in touch with Anirudh our Mile cruncher and have also gone through the detailed information put together by Mr. Kumar. I am leaving on the 02 July'10 in my TATA TL 4x4 and we are three of us set for a 16 day roundtrip.
Hi,
Are you planning to take the route that was taken by Anirudhha. I am leaving on the 4th of July, so we can probably meet up, midway or at some specific point. Am attaching my proposed route for your information.
Attached Files
File Type: xls LadakhFinalItinerary.xls (50.0 KB, 637 views)

Last edited by BolBolero : 19th May 2010 at 09:48.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:12   #19
BHPian

Great plan. All the best for the journey. Have fun, be safe and drive safe. Would look forward for the logs for my Sep trip.
Old 19th May 2010, 18:19   #20
BHPian

Thanks Souvik. Will surely be posting a travelogue once I return.

BTW how are the preparations for your journey? You have a really big convoy happening 12 cars, 31 guys! Wow! Is it still the same or have people dropped out or are there more additions?

All the best with your preparations.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Bad news at Chang la, on the Leh-Pangong Lake road. An avalanche has killed 2 tourists, and the road is closed due to snow.

Rising Kashmir, Daily Newspaper, Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir - Landslide kills 2 in Ladakh
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Would be great if I could meet up with any other TeamBHPian, undertaking a trip around this period.

Regards
Gautam.
Me & wifey will be doing this trip from Bangalore starting the first week of july (dates not finalised as yet) We have a month on hand,so we'll be checking out places like Udaipur,Srinagar etc.Hope to meet you some place.
Old 4th June 2010, 23:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Keep a buffer for the beginning of the monsoons in Punjab/ Himachal. Although chances of any dislocation are low, you can face foggy weather in Punjab region and some bad roads in Himachal, especially between Keylong and Manali-Mandi.
Hi,
FYI. Keylong-Koksar (base for climb to Rohtang) took us around 2 hours in this past May. I guess road condition dont matter while travelling from Koksar-Manali.
And Manali-Mandi is excellent roads if we avoid Kullu and instead take Naggar-Kullu bypass.

Regards

Last edited by naren_gs1 : 4th June 2010 at 23:46.
Old 5th June 2010, 14:30   #24
BHPian

Been there done that!!! started on 17th May back on the 3rd June.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai to Ladakh and back-cover.jpg  

Mumbai to Ladakh and back-p1010018.jpg  

Mumbai to Ladakh and back-p1010064.jpg  

Old 6th June 2010, 09:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
Me & wifey will be doing this trip from Bangalore starting the first week of july (dates not finalised as yet) We have a month on hand,so we'll be checking out places like Udaipur,Srinagar etc.Hope to meet you some place.
That would be lovely. Firm up the dates and we can possibly meet somewhere in the mountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Been there done that!!! started on 17th May back on the 3rd June.
Nice pics, but we need more. How about a Travelogue? BTW did you hire a vehicle or did you drive down?
Old 7th June 2010, 15:30   #26
BHPian

Nice pics, but we need more. How about a Travelogue? BTW did you hire a vehicle or did you drive down?

Thank you! We drove down from mumbai. We had an Innova and a Qualis both personal cars. A travelogue after 20 days of missing work will take time .
Old 7th June 2010, 20:50   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Thank you! We drove down from mumbai. We had an Innova and a Qualis both personal cars. A travelogue after 20 days of missing work will take time .
Take your time, but not too long, lest you forget all the interesting experiences!
Add a few more days to the 20 and complete the travelogue!
How many people were there on this drive? Am assuming you drove via Srinagar and returned the same way. Manali Leh road is still closed.
Old 9th June 2010, 10:29   #28
BHPian

I am also planning leh trip in first week on July. I will be arriving india on 5th July and plan to start trip on 6th or 7th, will be taking my 2010 Maruti Gypsy and have room if someone from team-bhp is interested. Let me know ASAP.

Gautam, I am trying to join you guys at Patnitop.

Amar

Last edited by Amar82 : 9th June 2010 at 10:32.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:33   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
I am also planning leh trip in first week on July. I will be arriving india on 5th July and plan to start trip on 6th or 7th, will be taking my 2010 Maruti Gypsy and have room if someone from team-bhp is interested. Let me know ASAP.

Gautam, I am trying to join you guys at Patnitop.

Amar
Hi Amar,
It will be great meeting you. Will surely see you at Patnitop. Are you driving solo or you have someone else with you? What is your itinerary? Maybe we can do some of the drives as a convoy.
You can see my final itinerary in an earlier post.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Amar,
It will be great meeting you. Will surely see you at Patnitop. Are you driving solo or you have someone else with you? What is your itinerary? Maybe we can do some of the drives as a convoy.
You can see my final itinerary in an earlier post.

Yes, I am driving solo. The itinerary is not finalized yet but also intend to visit Spiti valley on the way back from Leh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks