Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2009, 21:09   #1
BHPian

What are the current weather conditions in Hampi

Was thinking of driving from Mumbai to Hampi this weekend...but having last minute thoughts about the weather.
Google shows max temp at Hospet to be 39.

Can anyone give me a sense of actual conditions on the ground in Hampi in terms of temperature?

Thanks!
Old 24th March 2009, 23:13   #2
BHPian

Must be very hot now - if they don't have the summer rains. Will become hotter in coming months (April - May).

Moreover, Hampi is a place where you will have to be outdoors to enjoy the history and structures there.

So, if you are planning a trip in the next couple of months, it is better to start at the earliest date.
Old 25th March 2009, 06:59   #3
BHPian

Or wait until the monsoon starts.
Moreover you can plan your stay such that you go and see places either early in the morning(start at 5) and come back by 11. Then go out only in the evening.

P.S. : Hampi deserves more than just a weekend.

Regards,
Old 25th March 2009, 14:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Believe me, its HOT there. You might be lucky with a summer shower like what's in Bangalore now but otherwise its not advisable unless you are one of those suntan freaks

As bijuks said, there is a lot of outdoor sightseeing involved and a lot of travelling. Ideal time is Aug/Sep. Just after the monsoons when it would not be too hot or raining the whole days. We went in Aug just after the monsoons and it was humid but still bearable. The tungabadra was overflowing which was a sight by itself. The TB dam was full as well.

Minimum 3 days required and even then you can't cover everything.
Old 25th March 2009, 21:49   #5
BHPian

@csentil, @bijuks, @amohit:
Thanks a ton for driving some commonsense in.
Hampi Trip postponed to cooler climes.
Now back to scouring the travelogues for another long weekend destination from Mumbai!
Old 28th March 2009, 15:26   #6
BHPian

I did Hampi last year, first week of April 2008, with the wife. It's doable. Keep out of the sun between 1 to 3, carry lots of water, have a local guide (saves precious time). While it is hot, we did not find it unbearable. Incidentally, it's my third trip to hampi, which is mind-blowingly beautiful.
We spent two nights at the Malligi hotel in a blissfully air-conditioned room. The hotel is highly recommended.
Old 29th March 2009, 09:37   #7
BHPian

Was in Hampi on Friday (27th) and Saturday (28th). Very warm but manageable. Start early, around 0700 and wrap-up by 1100. Stayed at Malligi, Hospet - highly recommended. Guide Nagaraj at Hampi () was very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I did Hampi last year, first week of April 2008, with the wife. It's doable. Keep out of the sun between 1 to 3, carry lots of water, have a local guide (saves precious time). While it is hot, we did not find it unbearable. Incidentally, it's my third trip to hampi, which is mind-blowingly beautiful.
We spent two nights at the Malligi hotel in a blissfully air-conditioned room. The hotel is highly recommended.
Old 29th March 2009, 09:50   #8
BHPian

Was at Hampi on 27th (Friday) and 28th (Saturday)...very warm after 1000...still doable...stayed at Malligi Hospet...highly recommended...local Hampi guide Nagaraj (9480510871) did an excellent job for Rs.900/- (for both days). Hired Indica AC from Malligi...Rs.2500/-- for 2 days including transfers.

Raja

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks