Team-BHP - Bus from Mysore to Bangalore International Airport
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bus from Mysore to Bangalore International Airport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/55762-bus-mysore-bangalore-international-airport.html)

Folks,
I want to know if there is any bus service (volvo or others) that runs from Mysore to BIA?

Other options I have is :
Train from Mysore - but then I have to add another leg from Bangalore station to BIA.
Direct cab is too costly - 2500 return fare :Shockked:

Pls advise if there is any additonal option too.

Best way is catch Volvo bus from Mysore to Bangalore and from there you can get volvo again to BIAL. I think it would cost you max. 500/- or lesser than that and frequency is very good.

Regards,

Ravi.

Bus from Mysore to Bangalore (Mysore Road bus terminus). I presume buses stop there these days. Check with the conductor/driver for a stop here.

BIAL Volvos starts from this terminal every hour, at start of the hour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by p'arth (Post 1233117)
Folks,
I want to know if there is any bus service (volvo or others) that runs from Mysore to BIA?

Other options I have is :
Train from Mysore - but then I have to add another leg from Bangalore station to BIA.
Direct cab is too costly - 2500 return fare :Shockked:

Pls advise if there is any additonal option too.

Bangalore Airport to Mysore (Flybus) (Available for booking from 14th August Onwards)

Rs 990/-

Bus from Mysore to Bangalore International Airport-emailer.jpg

This would be excellent service for passengers from Mysore ( like my in-laws), who usually take a stopover in Bangalore :).

Pulling up an old thread,

Any recent reviews on the FLybus from BIAL to Mysore ? I have booked the 10:30 service from BIAL to Mysore for a landing at 08:00 AM. Are these buses punctual ? From where in BIAL do we take this service ? I am travelling with a 3.5 year old kid.

Regards
Dieseltuned

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieseltuned (Post 4308244)
Pulling up an old thread,

Any recent reviews on the FLybus from BIAL to Mysore ? I have booked the 10:30 service from BIAL to Mysore for a landing at 08:00 AM. Are these buses punctual ? From where in BIAL do we take this service ? I am travelling with a 3.5 year old kid.

Regards
Dieseltuned

Yes, the buses are punctual. You need to reach the city bus bay for the bus. There are boards directing you towards the bus bay from the arrival gate. You can pay using the card as well. Please inform the conductor before the bus starts and he will get the card swiped at a counter for card payment.

Reviving an old thread!

Did anyone use this service recently? Do I need to make a booking in advance? I am arriving at 11 AM and on checking the schedule, I see a scheduled departure for 1130AM. I am a little wary to book in advance due to the fact that the flight may get delayed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by get2bid (Post 4407653)
Reviving an old thread!

Did anyone use this service recently? Do I need to make a booking in advance? I am arriving at 11 AM and on checking the schedule, I see a scheduled departure for 1130AM. I am a little wary to book in advance due to the fact that the flight may get delayed.

I used the flybus in November 2017. Book in advance as these buses are quite popular and almost run full.

Keep atleast 1 to 1.5 hrs of gap between your flights arrival and bus departure.

I arrived at BIAL at 08:00 AM and had booked the outgoing bus around 10:00 AM.

Regards
Diesletuned

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieseltuned (Post 4407667)
Keep atleast 1 to 1.5 hrs of gap between your flights arrival and bus departure.

Any particular reason for this? I do not have any checked in luggage. would it still require 1 to 1.5 hours gap?

Quote:

Originally Posted by get2bid (Post 4407668)
Any particular reason for this? I do not have any checked in luggage. would it still require 1 to 1.5 hours gap?

Did you consider flight delays at BIAL ? 30 mins even without checkin luggage is cutting it too close. The drivers do not wait much post the departure time.

I was travelling with family and a toddler so had kept enough buffer to mitigate the delays.

Regards
Dieseltuned

Thanks, have booked a seat on the bus which leaves at 12.30. Flight is scheduled to arrive at 11 AM. So I think I am good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by get2bid (Post 4407653)
I am arriving at 11 AM and on checking the schedule, I see a scheduled departure for 1130AM. I am a little wary to book in advance due to the fact that the flight may get delayed.

I used flybus couple of times and reservation is not a must. And, 30 min slack is too tight to go with reservation. Still, you have buses at almost every one hour during the daytime and hopefully you get a seat at ease.

Bumping this up, what's the current situation on Flybus? Landing at BLR at 22.35 hrs and booked the 23.55 hrs Flybus to Mysuru. For return, have booked a 14.16 hrs departure from Mysuru. Return flight time is 21.30 hrs. Dates late August / early September.

Is there proper space to keep luggage? There will be 2 large checkin bags filled with tools.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4633032)
Is there proper space to keep luggage? There will be 2 large checkin bags filled with tools.

These are proper Volvo buses and have huge compartment at the bottom to fill in your bags.