Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 17:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

In a Tibetan town called Saga today at a height of 4500mtrs. Alls well so far except the fact that these Chinese refuse to understand any English.
Old 4th July 2009, 18:31   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
In a Tibetan town called Saga today at a height of 4500mtrs. Alls well so far except the fact that these Chinese refuse to understand any English.
Hey Deky. Gud to hear frm you. How's Aunty doing. You guys enjoying ur trip. How's the weather out there. Wish I can make a similar trip with my Mom some day. Enjoy urself.
Btw try talking to the chinese using some Hindi words... if you know what i mean :-)

Last edited by isldhn : 4th July 2009 at 18:34.
Old 4th July 2009, 20:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Nice to know everything is fine. Hope you are acclimatizing well!
Old 14th July 2009, 18:35   #49
BHPian

Hey deky!!! Feels really good to know you and auntyji are doing well on the trip.
Even my Mom and Dad had done the trip, though couldn't do the Parikram due to adverse climatic conditions. I have ever been longing to do the trip someday from then on. All the best and waiting for the photos!
Old 15th July 2009, 11:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Back in Kathmandu yesterday, its so nice to be using proper toilets, having proper baths and being able to speak in hindi after so many days.

The trip over all was a success. Will be back in Jaipur on the 17th and then ill start the process of posting the report with pics.

Thank you all for all the best wishes
Old 15th July 2009, 11:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Do remember to post lots of pics as well, remember a picture says thousands of words.
Old 15th July 2009, 11:44   #52
BHPian

Looking forward to your story and pictures, but mostly for those invaluable tips!
Old 15th July 2009, 14:12   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thats good to hear Deky, now we are looking forward to see report.

OT Today few Swamijis from Karnataka left for Manasarovar Yaatra. The reason for this yaatra is for welwishing of people in Karnataka. Lets see whats the result!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Will be back in Jaipur on the 17th and then ill start the process of posting the report with pics.
Just a reminder...
Old 24th July 2009, 11:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

Lol, Watashi dont worry its the first on my priority list but I am still hungover after the trip, still in trance after such a beautifull trip that all I have done after coming is see the pics over and over again.

Will start soon, I promise.

Thanks
Old 24th July 2009, 11:22   #56
Senior - BHPian

Deky, you run the immense risk of getting infracted, banned, ostracised, lynched and subjected to extreme Chinese torture, if your first pictures and post doesn't appear tomorrow morning..

Your Time Starts Now..
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:21   #57
Senior - BHPian

The process for choosing candidates for Kailash Mansarovar trip'2010 organised by the MEA has started. The last date for receiving applications forms is March16th, 2010. For more information, please read here

Some of you may remember that I did this trip last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. If someone is interested in doing this trip it should be sooner than later as that place is getting more and more commercialized and loosing some of its charm.

For more information & requirements on this trip, you may read my travelogue here
Old 28th February 2011, 18:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Kathmandu/Tibet- Itenary Now Posted

Updating this thread for the benefit of those who wish to do Kailash Mansarovar yatra thru MEA.

The forms are available now and they have to be submitted by 11th March, 2011.

Regards
Old 24th April 2018, 11:32   #59
Senior - BHPian

Kailash Yatra via Nathu La route will resume this year: Sushma Swaraj.

Quote:
India and China on Sunday agreed to resume the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra through the Natha Lu route in Sikkim, ministry of external affairs said, 10 months after the pilgrimage was stopped following the Doklam standoff.

The decision was made during talks between external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and her Chinese counterpart Wang Yi in Beijing.

"We are also happy that the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra through the Nathu la route will be resumed this year."

"I am confident that with Chinese side's full cooperation, this year the yatra will be a fulfilling experience for the visiting Indian pilgrims," Swaraj said during a joint press statement with Wang.

The yatra was stopped by China in the aftermath of the military face-off with India last year at Doklam.
News Source : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ign=TOIDesktop
Old 24th April 2018, 11:45   #60
BANNED

Quote:
I hope Oxygen bottles are available. Anything over 3000m should have this facility.

Most Viewed