Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 11:53   #46
BHPian

re: Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Thanks for update. I am planning family trip in weekend. I have WagonR, do you think i can take my own car or shall i hire something more capable line Xylo/Inova? Considering bad roads

Any suggestion for overnight stay?
I think WagonR is good enough for this stretch.

I've stayed at Anandyatri and Mauli resort a few years back and stayed at Maitreya resort in Nov 13. Maitreya was better of the 3. Then there are some homestays. MTDC has a plush resort but probably not worth it just for a night.

Route via khopoli-pali is recommended for Mumbaikars.
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:12   #47

Has anyone done this lately - post rains?
Travelling day after (25th Aug 2014) from Goa to Diveagar and then onto Pune.
Any info on the road conditions would be very helpful.
Inputs on the Goa - Diveagar route would also be welcome.
Thanks In Advance
Lava N
Old 23rd August 2014, 12:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava N View Post
Has anyone done this lately - post rains?
Travelling day after (25th Aug 2014) from Goa to Diveagar and then onto Pune.
Any info on the road conditions would be very helpful.
Inputs on the Goa - Diveagar route would also be welcome.
Thanks In Advance
Lava N
That would be via tamhini ghat. Should be good road. SDP just did that section. Tagging him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP
Old 19th December 2014, 13:21   #49
BHPian

Help needed -
Planning a trip to Diveagar/Shrivardhan
Which routes are preferred, will be with my mom, two sisters and our pet dog.
Have rented an XUV - Self drive. Dont want to take a route which is too bumpy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
That would be via tamhini ghat. Should be good road. SDP just did that section. Tagging him

Last edited by torquecurve : 19th December 2014 at 13:24.
Old 19th December 2014, 13:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Help needed -
Planning a trip to Diveagar/Shrivardhan
Which routes are preferred, will be with my mom, two sisters and our pet dog.
Have rented an XUV - Self drive. Dont want to take a route which is too bumpy!
The Tamhini Ghat route is the shortest and very scenic, I did it in my Safari in mid September and it wasn't that bumpy. However I wouldn't advise it if for night travel, I did a day trip to Diveagar and Was at Tamhini Ghat at around 7PM. It gets pretty lonely and no help is at hand if in case one gets stuck.
Apart from it, once you cross Tamhini and cut across the old Mumbai-Goa Highway the road wasn't that good for around 5 kms then it improves again and is then decent till Diveagar.
Old 23rd December 2014, 00:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

Any idea of the road conditions in the area? I shall be driving to Lanje in the first week of January and need to decide if I should take the e way all the way till Karad and then enter via amba ghat, or stick to the Goa highway from the beginning. The first route is longer but quicker and the second is shorter but slower.

Also any decent accommodation near Lanje?
Old 4th January 2015, 06:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

I took the eway till Khopoli and drove to Pali. Then on to NH66. Barring the initial few kms on the Khopoli Pali road and the patch on NH 66 till Kolad the roads are great. Beware of oncoming traffic though. If you are used to an eway styled driving of pedal to metal and overtaking at will, this highway is not for you, yet.

Overtaking from the left is not acceptable as the vehicle in front of you may be pulling in and out of the lane to search for the right overtaking opportunity. It is vulnerable as it pulls out and you may be tempted to pull a fast one by going on its left and blocking its return path, forcing it to fall back and winning you a place ahead. Well, don't.

If you pull something like that you are essentially exposing the vehicle to the oncoming traffic and potentially endangering its occupants.

Not a single vehicle tried it with me and I didn't try it on anyone though there were good amount of chances. It just ain't right!
Old 14th January 2015, 10:49   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
The Tamhini Ghat route is the shortest and very scenic, I did it in my Safari in mid September and it wasn't that bumpy. Apart from it, once you cross Tamhini and cut across the old Mumbai-Goa Highway the road wasn't that good for around 5 kms then it improves again and is then decent till Diveagar.
Planning to visit Diveagar next week in my Punto. Looks like Tamhni Ghat route is the shortest one. How is the road condition in there? Any recent visit by anyone?
Old 30th March 2015, 20:29   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Planning to visit Diveagar next week in my Punto.
Hello dmplog,

Please update the latest info regarding the route and its condition.
It would be beneficial for many.
Old 6th April 2015, 15:59   #55
BHPian

Drove through Tamhini Ghat - Mangaon - Mhasala route to Diveagar. Must say, that Tamhini ghat route is a breeze.
Cannot say what will happen post the monsoons, but, right now, it is as good as any NH.

On our way back, we came through Kudgaon, near Dighi. Here, we crossed over to Murud, on a small barge that allowed transfer of cars
Was a great experience !

Thanks to dmplog for clearing my doubt on taking the Tamhini route.
sandip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 16:38   #56
BHPian

Hi Team,

We are planning to go for a weekend trip to Diveagar on one of the coming weekends. We plan to leave by Saturday Morning and be back by Sunday Noon/Evening.

I have few queries

1. It is an Office Team outing more of team bonding kinds, hence I might not be allowed to drive my machine. We are looking to hire a Tourist vehicle. We are a group of 10(Average Built Adults), what is our option so that all 10 can be accommodated in one single vehicle?
2. Route?
3. Accommodation – We are a mix of Veg & Non Vegetarians, and the group also has few girls, so safety and distance from the beach (Should be as closer as possible) would be the priorities while deciding on accommodation.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Engine_Roars : 14th April 2015 at 16:40.
Old 14th April 2015, 17:17   #57
BHPian

Vehicle: A tavera or xylo would suit you although with 10 avg. builds it is best to have 2 vehicles for comfort esp. with winding ghat sections. If only one vehicle then go for Winger. Not sure if it would be too big for a group of 10.

Route: Pune - Mulshi - Tamhini - Mandgaon - Diveagar. Some time back when I came through Tamhini, new layer was being laid on some sections of the road. So road condition should be better now. Enjoy your trip!!
Old 20th April 2015, 15:10   #58
BHPian

Dear Engine_Roars,

I had been to Diveagar last to last weekend.
We stayed at Maitreya Beach resort - it ranked in the top 3 in trip advisor. We had a fabulous stay and the manager Mr. Subodh , runs a wonderful team of people who will make you comfortable.
We also saw a group (Lupin, most probably), check in to that place.

Please note, that this hotel (like ALL others), is a 5 min walk from the beach. We did not see any porpoerty ON the beach.

Hope this helps.
sandip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 15:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi Team,

We are planning to go for a weekend trip to Diveagar on one of the coming weekends. We plan to leave by Saturday Morning and be back by Sunday Noon/Evening.

I have few queries

1. It is an Office Team outing more of team bonding kinds, hence I might not be allowed to drive my machine. We are looking to hire a Tourist vehicle. We are a group of 10(Average Built Adults), what is our option so that all 10 can be accommodated in one single vehicle?
2. Route?
3. Accommodation – We are a mix of Veg & Non Vegetarians, and the group also has few girls, so safety and distance from the beach (Should be as closer as possible) would be the priorities while deciding on accommodation.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.
If you want to stay right next to the beach, Exotica Beach Resort is the one to choose. That is the only resort next to the beach. Their restaurant food is good and you can work out a per person deal which will include food and stay. This is slightly on the expensive side.

Otherwise as others have said Maitreya is a good place to stay and is a few min walk away from the beach. Since it is summer, it is better to travel in a A/C vehicle if possible. You can get a 14 seater Tempo Traveller with A/C option.

Shortest route to take would be Pune->Tamhini->Nizampur->Mangaon->Mhasala->Dive Agar. There is Orchard Resort at the end of Tamhini Ghat (just before Vile MIDC) where you can break and have tea/lunch etc. They serve buffet lunch which is quite good. Nice clean restrooms etc.

The longer route would be to take Pune->Express Way->Khopoli->Pali->Wakan (NH17)->Mangaon->Dive Agar.
Old 20th April 2015, 18:26   #60
BHPian

Recently we had been to diveagar. The route which we took was
Pune->Express Way->Khopoli->Pali->Wakan (NH17)->Mangaon->Dive Agar.

We were put up in hotel Pearl beach resort. Resort is just 5 mins walk from the beach. The resort was neat and clean. Their food was just awesome specially Nonveg. The Manager Mr. Kadam took care of us really well, whatever we asked he made it available. He himself is a good cook. If you go to Divegagar there are couple of things that you should visit, there is one resto which is famous for it's Fish thali it's just 3-4 mins walk from resort and another place which is famous for Veg food, these guys serves awesome Modaks. right now not able to recollect the names of the resto but, diveagar is a small town so anyone should be able to help you out with actual names.

Last edited by me@fiat : 20th April 2015 at 18:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks