Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 19:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

@ Ampere, please read the above posts and not just the opening posts, the routes have been discussed already, moreover the OP talks about driving from Hebbal to Tumkur and beyond.

To go to whitefield from Dobbspet, it would be far easier to bypass Doddaballapur and yelahanka and go to Devanahalli and then onto Bagalur/Budigere to reach old madras road.

BTW it is DODDABALLAPUR, and it happens to be where I hail from.
Cheers
Hari.
Old 28th May 2010, 19:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
@ Ampere, please read the above posts and not just the opening posts, the routes have been discussed already, moreover the OP talks about driving from Hebbal to Tumkur and beyond.

To go to whitefield from Dobbspet, it would be far easier to bypass Doddaballapur and yelahanka and go to Devanahalli and then onto Bagalur/Budigere to reach old madras road.

BTW it is DODDABALLAPUR, and it happens to be where I hail from.
Cheers
Hari.
After I edited I realized the mistake. Thanks for pointing it out.

By the way,

Do you still feel, its good to go all the way to Devanhalli and take the BIAL road to go to Whitefield ? Is'nt it too long?

Also how do you go to Devanhalli bypassing Doddaballapur as you mentioned?

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd June 2010 at 14:37. Reason: Leaving earlier post as it is now part of the discussion.
Old 28th May 2010, 19:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you still feel, its good to go all the way to Devanhalli and take the BIAL road to go to Whitefield ? Is'nt it too long?

Also how do you go to Devanhalli bypassing Doddaballapur as you mentioned?
The road which you come across at the entrance of Doddaballapur (4 road junction) it's actually 5 roads, is the TB circle, from there on you travel towards D-Cross, which is a T-junction, you carry on straight ahead till the railway level crossing, here you travel straight again on not bear right, this is the road to Devanahalli, the byepass of Doddaballapur is the route mentioned above, at TB circle if one makes the mistake of entering town, then it will eat up at least half an hour of your time.

It is much easier to travel on empty roads sans traffic after a long highway drive, so the route to whitefield may be slightly longer, but it is worth the distance on account of the time saved.
Old 29th May 2010, 06:52   #19
Team-BHP Support

This is is fine. I was aware of that. I thought you were talking of a route without NH207.
That set me thinking as to where is the other route?
Old 29th May 2010, 18:21   #20
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Deepak wanted to know about this as we are planning to go to Gokarna, and will start arround 7pm from Marathahalli, so our destination is not Tumkur, so please suggest some routes which will not be a huge deviation from NH 4.
I initially thought of this route -
Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Hebbal / Yelahanka to Dobbaspet & NH-4 - Route Info-alternet-route.jpg  

Old 29th May 2010, 18:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

So in effect, you want to reach as close to Nelamangala so that you can come back and take NH48?
Is that the requirement?
Old 29th May 2010, 19:11   #22
BHPian

@ampere, we are trying to avoid the traffic from Yeshwantpur - Nelamangala. We are heading to Goakarna (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...jog-falls.html)

We are fine reaching NH4 beyond Nelamangala (towards Tumkur).
Old 29th May 2010, 21:36   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Deepak wanted to know about this as we are planning to go to Gokarna, and will start arround 7pm from Marathahalli, so our destination is not Tumkur, so please suggest some routes which will not be a huge deviation from NH 4.
I initially thought of this route -
Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
@ampere, we are trying to avoid the traffic from Yeshwantpur - Nelamangala. We are heading to Goakarna (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...jog-falls.html)

We are fine reaching NH4 beyond Nelamangala (towards Tumkur).
Since Asdon mentioned, his target was not Tumkur, I got confused. If that is case, then going via Dobbaspet is the best (via NH207/Doddaballapur).
You would bypass both Yeshwantpur and Nelamangala.

Based on what Luke mentions, I am not very sure if going via Devanhalli would be the better route. I have the used the Yelahanka-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet route many times and it has worked very well for me.

Most Viewed