Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2014, 15:42   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Kanyakumari NH7 : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Thanks. Was bit hesitant on taking this timing, as am unaware of the driving conditions during night time over the Madurai - Tvm stretch with a little boy on board .
Few times we have started around 2:00-2:30 PM from bangalore and we target Haris Residenciy(Madurai) or Burma Hotel(Virudhu Nager) or Capsi for dinner. Capsi is the last good option and it closes by 10:15-10:30. So, you may need to keep this in mind for dinner(if you are not packing food).
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 17:26   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Was bit hesitant on taking this timing, as am unaware of the driving conditions during night time over the Madurai - Tvm stretch with a little boy on board .
You'll have lot of traffic on the opposite side, but hardly any on the southbound NH7. I thought there weren't many fuelling options on the southbound direction as opposed to the northbound. This was when I drove in early 2012.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 17:34   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You'll have lot of traffic on the opposite side, but hardly any on the southbound NH7. I thought there weren't many fuelling options on the southbound direction as opposed to the northbound. This was when I drove in early 2012.
That is true. Even I dont remember many fuelling options once past Madurai. May be a couple of them on the Tirunelveli bypass.
Old 10th August 2014, 18:44   #379
BHPian

There is one HP COCO Pump close to Virudhunagar/Sathur, I always use this while driving to Nagercoil.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:37   #380
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirunelveli by road - Road condition as of Nov09

Folks

Latest toll charges between Bangalore and Tirunelveli by Car as on 12th September 2014

Bangalore - Kanyakumari NH7 : Route Queries-bloretirunelveli-toll.jpg
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 12:30   #381
BHPian

Hyd-Bangalore-Kanya kumari plan

Guys,

I am planning for a trip in the first week of October Dasara holidays. Please suggest me if this is a possible plan ?

Start from Hyderabad on 27th morning, reach Bangalore and check in to a hotel ,

28th Start to kanyakumari, go directly to Tirunalveli, visit Nellayappar temple. Reach Kanyakumari by late evening, check into a hotel

29th Sight seeing at Kanyakumar, checkout hotel by afternoon drive directly to kovalam beach , check into a hotel, and visit Trivendram Padmanabha swami temple by evening, return back to kovalam beach, night stay.

30th Start late from Kovalam, drive directly to Srivelliputtur, visit Andal temple, drive directly to Tajnaoor , visit Bruhadeeswara and check in to a hotel

31st Sep completely dedicated to Kumbakonam temples,

1st Oct start return journey back to Hyderabad.

Let me know if this is possible to cover so many places in 5 days. This is going to be a family trip with two kids (10 and 7 years old).

Also suggest me good hotels in places where I am going to stay.

Last time I visited Madhurai, hence I am going to skip it this time.

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2014 at 15:35. Reason: Typos
dilsoft is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th September 2014, 12:57   #382
BHPian

Re: Hyd-Bangalore-Kanya kumari plan

First of all there is no 31st September.

Your plan from Kovalam _ Srivilliputhur - Thanjavur will be tight even if you leave Kovalam early
raju2512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 15:05   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post

Start from Hyderabad on 27th morning, reach Bengalore and check in to a hotel ,

Do you have any plans of a sight seeing in Bangalore? If not, I would suggest you to extend the journey and try to get into Salem, which would be around 4 hours from Bangalore and take a rest there. Both the HYD-BLR and BLR-SALEM has beautiful roads, so should not cause much fatigue. This would give you enough leeway to drive at a relaxed phase for the onward journey.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 15:44   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am planning for a trip in the first week of October Dasara holidays. Please suggest me if this is a possible plan ?

Start from Hyderabad on 27th morning, reach Bangalore and check in to a hotel ,

28th Start to kanyakumari, go directly to Tirunalveli, visit Nellayappar temple. Reach Kanyakumari by late evening, check into a hotel
In Tirunelveli, do not forget to visit the famous Nava Tirupati temples. These temples are maintained well courtesy TVS Motor Company.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 10:54   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Do you have any plans of a sight seeing in Bangalore? If not, I would suggest you to extend the journey and try to get into Salem, which would be around 4 hours from Bangalore and take a rest there. Both the HYD-BLR and BLR-SALEM has beautiful roads, so should not cause much fatigue. This would give you enough leeway to drive at a relaxed phase for the onward journey.
Not planning for any B'lore sight seeing bro, as I lived in B'lore in the past. I love Bangalore because its a hub for many good places to see in and around. Hyderabad is bit far from many places. I know Hyd to Kanyakumari road is good and it's one and only NH7. I think you have given a good idea to extend my journey until Salem so that I can cover up more places next day. If I start at 9 AM from Hyderabad then I probably reach Salem by 10 PM? Also could you please suggest good hotels to stay in Salem? Thanks much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
In Tirunelveli, do not forget to visit the famous Nava Tirupati temples. These temples are maintained well courtesy TVS Motor Company.
Sure Suresh. Will try to cover up that if I have enough time. My priority is more on ancient temples with rich culture than newly constructed ones. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd September 2014 at 07:01. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the multi-Quote button if replying to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Old 20th September 2014, 11:18   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Sure Suresh. Will try to cover up that if I have enough time. My priority is more on ancient temples with rich culture than newly constructed ones. Thanks for the suggestion!
Nava tirupati temples are also ancient ones. One of them is the Birthplace of Nammalvar. Just that they were lacking maintenance from the government which TVS group is now doing.
arsudarsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 14:27   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
Nava tirupati temples are also ancient ones. One of them is the Birthplace of Nammalvar. Just that they were lacking maintenance from the government which TVS group is now doing.
Thanks for inculcating me on Nava Tirupati temples dude. When I read the word "Nava" I thought they are new temples

Will plan to visit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
First of all there is no 31st September.

Your plan from Kovalam _ Srivilliputhur - Thanjavur will be tight even if you leave Kovalam early
How are the roads between Trivendrum and Srivilliputhur ? Is there any ghat section that I need to pass through ? Google map says I can reach Srivilliputhur in 4 and half hours. If I start at 9 AM I should be able to reach Srivilliputhur by 2 PM I guess

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd September 2014 at 06:59. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote feature to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Old 20th September 2014, 16:48   #388
BHPian

Quote:
How are the roads between Trivendrum and Srivilliputhur ? Is there any ghat section that I need to pass through ? Google map says I can reach Srivilliputhur in 4 and half hours. If I start at 9 AM I should be able to reach Srivilliputhur by 2 PM I guess
If you reach Srivi by 2, you will have to wait until 4 when the temple opens. Even if you leave by 5, you should be able to reach thanjavur by 10.30. It will be a little hectic.
Old 22nd September 2014, 00:17   #389
Senior - BHPian

Dear friends, any surprise elements in the Bangalore - Trivandrum route via NH 7 ?
Planning the drive after around 6 months, so checking on, as part of pre travel check.
Old 22nd September 2014, 08:09   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends, any surprise elements in the Bangalore - Trivandrum route via NH 7 ?
Planning the drive after around 6 months, so checking on, as part of pre travel check.
There are no surprises on NH7 till Karur, been there couple of weeks ago. Most of the extremely bad sections on NH47 from Kaliyikavilai to Nagercoil has been tarred, but potholes still remain at places. From Parvatipuram to Aralvaimozhi its patchy with huge potholes near Vadassery.

I'm planning to do a Bangalore trip in Oct. Once you are back please update how its for tourists in non KA cars in Bangalore. Hearing a lot about life time tax checking and harassment going on in Blore for non state cars.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed