Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 18:44   #1
BHPian

Madurai to Kumarakom: Route Options

Hi,

I am on the planning phase for a kerala trip - last week of April. Please let me know which are the best options for the Madurai - Kumarakom sector.

1. The normal route seems to be Madurai-Theni-Thekkady-Kanjirapalli-Kottayam-Kumarakom. (but I dont want to do this both ways).

2. Other option is to go via Munnar one way atleast as I have not been there yet. If I choose this there are two routes as under:
a. Madurai - Munnar - Kotamangalam - Muvattupuzha - Kuttatukulam-Ettumanoor - Kottayam - Kumarakom
b. Madurai - Munnar -Aanachal - Adimaly-Oonnukal-Vengaloor-Thodupuzha-Pala-Ettumanoor-Kottayam- Kumarakom
3. Also is there a road in option 2a. where I can branch off at Kuttatukulam and head towards Vaikom and then to Kumarakom?

Will be great to have your views on this - the road conditions for 2a, 2b and possibly estimated driving time.

thanks

Ram
Old 4th April 2009, 20:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good choice of routes, except that I prefer the Route 2 a, instead of 2 b.
And I would take the route via Vaikom which is the shortest and best.
Road conditions are condition, but driving swill be slow since none of the towns have bypasses (larger towns being Kothamangalam, Muvattupuzha, Vaikom), but you can estimate max 4 hours for the drive from Munnar to Kottayam.
Old 4th April 2009, 21:13   #3
BHPian

thanks HVK

HVK

Thanks for the quick response.

So there is a road from Kuttatukulam and Vaikom - as it is not listed clearly in my maps.

thanks
Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks