Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 09:33   #1
BHPian

Places around Delhi within a 2 hour drive

Dear All,

I am looking to take my wife and 4 year old kid out on Sunday. I am looking for a place within 2 hours from Delhi preferably on the Jaipur road or on NH1.

The idea is to leave early and visit a place that has restaurants and play area for my son - joy rides, games, et al. I plan to have breakfast and lunch out there and return home by 6 in the evening.

I was thinking of Neemrana Fort but looks like it a place for business conventions and a 5 star weekend getaway only.

Please suggest some good locations. Thanks
Old 9th April 2009, 09:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well, you can try Karnal Lake on NH1, may take you slightly longer than a couple of hours though.......
Old 9th April 2009, 09:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

On the Agra Highway, you can go upto Kosi, there is a nice resort, have playtime with your kid by the side of the canal. There are quite a few good restaurants in the vicinity.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

You can try out Nimrana fort as well on Jaipur highway. There in-house restaurant also serve lunch in buffets.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:05   #5
BHPian

Any views on 'Wet n Wild' ahead of Gurgaon or Platinum Club resort on Rohtak Road?

I checked with Neemrana. They do not have much for kids except for something known as 'zipping.'
Old 10th April 2009, 09:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking at kid's perspective then Wet-n-Wild is a nice amusement park, apart from that you can also try Electra World in Meerut, though Meerut highway ain't so much desirable highway but have heard high praises for the Electra world.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks