Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 18:36   #16
BHPian

Thanks Net, Techno the new map there is no need to go to Indore. new development.

What do you suggest? this one or yours?

Isnt the news route via hoshangabad is more on KMS as the other one via indore is some 786kms??? I need to pick him up or else he can come directly to Bhopal, but I need a company. If it is deserted then it can be a problem from Burhanpur.

Don't want to take chances, not worth it I guess, whether alone or more people with you these guys if they turn up will be scary....

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th April 2009 at 19:02.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
-then Need to find Nagar Road for Ahmednagar, dont know how much time will that take, so keeping 10 hrs from there I should be in Indore by 1:15 am or latest 2am.
Do you have GPS or a Phone with GPS ?

Which phone do you have?

Maybe you can add GPS via bluetooth for ~3k.

I can send you KML/GPX and coordinates for crossing Pune and finding that road.

In my experience, Pune has quite decent maps. I am always able find routed with GPS in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Thanks Net, Techno the new map there is no need to go to Indore. new development.

What do you suggest? this one or yours?
I have not driven in Khandwa -> Hoshangabad myself. So do not have first hand knowledge.

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 28th April 2009 at 18:44.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

@saint: To be very frank I would recommend this

Day 1 - Mumbai To Aurangabad

Day 2 - Aurangabad to Bhopal

This would be very relaxing yet would effectively take same time as the chances of you getting lost will be least & you would still reach very fresh. Besides on direct trip you would anyway wake up by noon

I would not recommend a direct trip especially keeping in mind the time that you are starting from Mumbai. You must note that during evening you will get peak traffic in all the big cities & passing through them wont be as easy as its in early morning.

Trust me I have done this route atleast 5 times now (to & fro i.e 10 times)

Indore Bhopal patch would be a nightmare for Civic at night.

P.s. I know Shahpura, I am from Bhopal

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th April 2009 at 18:49.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Techno, how does this route look like for Mumbai - > Ahemadnagar ?

I am trying to build a route that avoids Pune City as much as possible.

from: Mumbai-Pune Express Way to: Ahmednagar, Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra, India - Google Maps
Old 28th April 2009, 19:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

No idea. Again with online maps you never know the road & traffic conditions.

The 2 day trip would be really fun, its one thing to do fast Touring & another to race on highways. With direct trip it would be a race.
Old 28th April 2009, 19:21   #21
BHPian

Thank you guys, I am not on my comp and typing from my BB. Excuse me for my brevity. I will decide to take a stopover or head for a one shot. Net I have 8900 blackberry. Send me if u can. Techno I have lived in bhopal for 4 yrs and studied in campion school. I was 4 yrs distrct champion in swimming for bhopal. This is longtime bacl 82-86. Where are you now in Pune?
But you guys helped me appreciate. Will type further in the night from my comp.

Take Care
Old 28th April 2009, 19:26   #22
BHPian

To reach Ahmednagar you can go via talegaon, chakan, ranjangaon road it is a single road but quite ok to drive. You donot have to go all the way to pune. At the pune side toll naka keep to extrme left counter and take the immediate exit. This road crosses the old pune - mumbai road and takes you to talegaon - chakan. After you cross chakan you cross the pune nasik road and travel till nagar road. I drive quite often on this road and it takes me around 3.5 hr to reach ranjangaon from andheri.Hope this will help you. All the best.

Last edited by kiren : 28th April 2009 at 19:28.
Old 28th April 2009, 19:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wow that was long back. You must have trained/ practiced swimming in Prakash or Arjun right? My house in Bhopal is at Saket Nagar (near Arera colony)

My office is on DP Road & I stay in Pimple Saudagar (near Wakad, i.e. the point from where you enter Pune From Mumbai)

When do you plan to do this Journey?
Old 28th April 2009, 19:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
To reach Ahmednagar you can go via talegaon, chakan, ranjangaon road it is a single road but quite ok to drive. You donot have to go all the way to pune. At the pune side toll naka keep to extrme left counter and take the immediate exit. This road crosses the old pune - mumbai road and takes you to talegaon - chakan. After you cross chakan you cross the pune nasik road and travel till nagar road.
Kiren,

Thats the route I was trying to build online. Would appreciate if you could take a look and tell me if this is actually the same route. Thanks.

Route : from: Mumbai-Pune Express Way to: Ahmednagar, Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra, India - Google Maps
Old 28th April 2009, 20:02   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Kiren,

Thats the route I was trying to build online. Would appreciate if you could take a look and tell me if this is actually the same route. Thanks.

Route : from: Mumbai-Pune Express Way to: Ahmednagar, Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra, India - Google Maps
Yes i think so. The road passes thru talegaon, chakan, shikarpur. But the exit is at the toll naka not before or after.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks.

Have converted the route to KML.

Not it should be easy to open it in Blackberry. That is if GMM (Google Maps for Mobile) is installed.

KML is attached.

I will travel from Mumbai to Nagpur in next few weeks. Preparing routes/maps for that trip.

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 28th April 2009 at 20:53.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:39   #27
BHPian

I have done Navi Mumbai - Bhopal (to & fro) in the first week of April through Mumbai-Agra route (NH3). Road is under construction on most of the part. Indore - Bhopal route specially Sehore Bhopal stretch is really difficult to drive even in broad day light. Only around 100 - 120 KM road between Nasik and Dhule is completed and pleasant to drive.

I was not aware about the Pune-Ahmednagar-Indore route and as Technocrat suggested this route looks better option. I'll try it for my next Bhopal visit.

Samdarshi
Old 28th April 2009, 22:08   #28
BHPian

Thanks Kiren and net, you guys are amazing and not to forget techno who is a darling too.

Techno yes Arjun and Prakash on times to prepare for the competition,we used to stay in arera colony E-3/94 it was house given to my father from the bank, he was Zonal head that time, was also member of the bhojpur club, awesome days in Bhopal, can never forget.

And the crowd is amazing, any happening spots that you can suggest as it has been ages that I have been to Bhopal. I plan to leave on 30th April mate...

Kiren you mean i cross the pune exit toll from the extreme right gate and take the immediate exit then follow your instructions, means i am not going up to wakkad etc...
Old 28th April 2009, 22:14   #29
BHPian

Net I can open the file that you have put here, do I need it or do I just follow what Kiren has mentioned?
Old 28th April 2009, 23:00   #30
BHPian

Guys,

Just spoke to my friend who has been regular and keeps going to ratlam and indore, the friend who I will be picking up from indore, infact we will take a stop over at Indore.

This is the plan which is mix of Agra Bombay and what you guys have suggested, cos I want to save some kms and time.

Mumbai-Nashik-Malegaon-Dhule (he says road is rocking),Dhule-Jalgaon (anyone knows how this stretch is and how many kms)-Japegaon-Bhusawi (small city i believe)-Burhanpur-Khandwa-Indore (which Techno says good road all the way from Jalegaon).

Let me know your thoughts, to me it sounds like a perfect map.

Thanks,

Saint

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks