Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 23:41   #31
BHPian

Kiren you mean i cross the pune exit toll from the extreme right gate and take the immediate exit then follow your instructions, means i am not going up to wakkad etc...[/quote]

At the somatne toll naka keep to your extreme left toll booth which has an exit. Donot travel further on the expressway. No you are not going upto wakad.
Old 28th April 2009, 23:46   #32
BHPian

Thanks Kiren, what about my new map?
Old 29th April 2009, 09:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Net I can open the file that you have put here, do I need it or do I just follow what Kiren has mentioned?

KML/ GPX files have been quite helpful for me.

It helps if you lose track of some turns. That ways you can quickly look at GMM and see if you are taking right turns or not.

Specially for turns that are not marked well.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:24   #34
BHPian

I am unable to open the file?

Ok all please see below the new route which I think is the best. PLease advice at the earliest if you think this combination is best.

Mumbai-Nashik-Malegaon-Dhule (he says road is rocking 325 kms),Dhule-Jalgaon (91 kms as per google phone maps)-Jalegaon-Bhusawi (small city i believe)-Burhanpur-Khandwa-Indore (which Techno says good road all the way from Jalegaon 275 kms).
Old 29th April 2009, 12:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jalegaon-Bhusawi (small city i believe)-
This stretch is narrow lane but decent roads.

Quote:
Burhanpur-Khandwa-Indore
Most of this section is ghat so again not suggested for night driving unless you have done this before.

See all this route was quite doable if you had done this route earlier. The times that you would be traveling through MP will be such that you would barely get any help & it would only add to time of travel. This same patch will be breeze in day time(infact you may even wonder why I was so against it for night). Why make it complicated?

Quote:
Techno yes Arjun and Prakash on times to prepare for the competition,we used to stay in arera colony E-3/94 it was house given to my father from the bank, he was Zonal head that time, was also member of the bhojpur club, awesome days in Bhopal, can never forget.
And the crowd is amazing, any happening spots that you can suggest as it has been ages that I have been to Bhopal. I plan to leave on 30th April mate...
Well not much has changed except for its got broader roads, The Queen necklace road (ala Mumbai but right now with hardly any water in Bada Talaab). New Market/T.T.Nagar remain the Shopper's Stop area & bitten market near 10 number also is nice. There are lots of Dhabas on Hoshangabad highway. The one really worth going is Amer Green on the Highway, ample parking & nice place to eat
Old 29th April 2009, 12:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I am unable to open the file?
Do you see the route if this URL is opened in Blackberry :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/route-travel-queries/130412d1240932127-mumbai-bhopal-route-route_from_mumbai_to_ahemadnagar_avoids_punr_city_ ver2.kml - Google Maps

If it works, I'll export his route via Nasik to KML.

Just realized .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Have converted the route to KML.

Not it should be easy to open it in Blackberry. That is if GMM (Google Maps for Mobile) is installed.
Read that as "Now it should be easy...."

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 29th April 2009 at 13:14.
Old 30th April 2009, 11:00   #37
BHPian

Ok guys, I am all set to leave in 30minutes from now, I have removed the HID kit and installed the yellow bulbs as it is very difficult to drive with HID though it is strong only on dark roads and becomes very difficult to drive when a yellow light is coming on you, it is safe to be on yellow bulbs for better visibility.

I am lucky to get a friend along last minute. Cos I am leaving so late I will take the AB highway as it is shorter to reach Indore saves me some 200kms, but as you all suggested I will take the hoshangabad Ahmednagar route on my way back, so I am keeping your route and mine as well.

I will update you guys on my trip once I am back.

Thanks once again to all you people and T-BHP to create such a site where people are so down to earth and humble, they all are true Indians and reflect our culture perfectly.

We Indians beleive in helping each other, Dont forget to give your vote, me going for no vote to the polling both, I dont think there is any party who is capable of taking care of common man.

Cheers and wish me a safe Journey
Old 30th April 2009, 13:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

All the best, Good to know you have someone along with you, will be waiting to read your travel experience
Old 30th April 2009, 15:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Have a safe and enjoyable drive.

Hope you will record the route on BB and post that here. It will help others for traveling on this route.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Yep if you do that please update it Here
Old 5th May 2009, 11:20   #41
BHPian

I'm back

Hello Boys,

Thanks for all your help appreciate.

Mumbai to Bhopal- 16 hours:

Route- Mumbai-Nashik- Left Linkway Honda Chandivili at 2pm towards Nashik, too much of traffic. Stopped at Tarachand to have a meal, the road is good as we all know. Post tarachand some 5 kms later the road is smooth and it is a 4 lane divider road, I was just flying on this sector.

I think I was in Nashik by 5pm, took a hault as my friend had natures call (he he).

Nashik-Dhule- Again a very good road in the begining (4 lane divider) but at the end before you hit Dhule there are lot of diversions and my car was touching at some humps at the end 5kms before Dhule. But overall good road and you can speed, if higher car then no worries as Civic is too low.

WE had stopped at the petrol pump to clean our front glass and the petrol pump guy advised not to take the Sendwa + Dhamnod road in night as my car is going to struggle big time crossing due to bad roads and it will touch a lot, Human tendency to ask (i was already warned by you guys).

Dhule to Jalgaon- beautiful stretch of 91 kms smooth as butter, speed as much as you can, there was a Tata Safari I tagged behind and did this sector in 55 mins. amazing stretch.

Now comes the tricky and notorious sector (techo rawre is what no one should take for burhanpur- it is not very good road and lonely/scary sector-as i took that during the day on my way back).

Jalgaon-Burhanpu via Muktainagar- you dont take the rawre road to burhanpur but take the muktainagar which also join later on the same road but it is broader, smoother and safer. Beautiful ghats and I just loved them

Burhanpur--Khandwa-Indore- very good road no problems at all with a ghat section which is amazing- we were in Indore by 3:50 am, waited for another friend and then went to a uncle's house for tea.

Indore to Bhopal- Left Indore at 6:15 am and was in Bhopal at 08:55 am, good road with some section not very well done, most of the highway is diversion.

Overall experience good.

Bhopal-Indore- 14 hours.

I wont get into details as I have covered most of it above.

Bhopal-Indore-Khandwa (ghats)-Burhanpur (ghats)-Bhuwasi-rawre-Jalgaon-Dhule-Nashik-Mumbai. Total Kms upto Andheri west 935 kms.

But at the Indore petrol pump lot of truck guys were saying you can go from Dhamnod and sendwa as the road is good now and they are expanding the road big time, he said this car you will have no problem now, but I still wanted to come from a tried and tested route.

Techno- it was very hot mate- went to Bada Talaab looks very nice, the crowd in Bhopal has always been the best, Top n town is all over the place and I had to have Funky Fudge my all time fav. Went to the shopmakers in TT nagar, vow they still make amazing shoes.

Other than that the chotta jheel close to my house is also rocking and lot of crowd there in the evening.

Overall good trip with a perfect road map.

Now I'm tired of typing, will go back to work.

Cheers,

Saint
Old 5th May 2009, 12:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Wow that was nice to read.

So most of our suggestion was right but hats off to you for still taking it, I am glad that you had some company

I dodnt think I ever went through rawre (is it Raver the river town?)

The Dhamnod Patch is being broadened but I dont think its completely done yet.

if Indore Bhopal was as good as before you would have done it in under 2.5 hours in your car

Yes Bhopal is very hot btw did you go to Amer Greens on Hoshangabad highway?
Old 12th May 2009, 13:38   #43
BHPian

Sorry mate could not reply earlier as I was busy with some ppt...

I think it is Rawre if not wrong, yest I can do it less than 2.5 hrs but you during day time every tom tick and harry is on the road so you cant be taking chances on this highway, the villagers are just brainless creature.

Yes it was damn hot man, No i didnt go to Amer greens, you never told me to go there. He he. Will do it next time if you think it is worth doing it.

I think the time i plan to go next the straight highway will be ready. Overall trip was good and 10 number market was happening though could not see much crowd I mean the happening crowd.

I think I am planning to drive down to Delhi next month... What is it with me and my long drives, I just love them.

Cheers....
Old 12th May 2009, 14:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yest I can do it less than 2.5 hrs
With current road condition? Really?

Quote:
Yes it was damn hot man, No i didnt go to Amer greens, you never told me to go there. He he.
Arrey I did that on this page itself, see my post#35 made on 29th April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Well not much has changed except for its got broader roads, The Queen necklace road (ala Mumbai but right now with hardly any water in Bada Talaab). New Market/T.T.Nagar remain the Shopper's Stop area & bitten market near 10 number also is nice. There are lots of Dhabas on Hoshangabad highway. The one really worth going is Amer Green on the Highway, ample parking & nice place to eat
All the best for you next drive, Btw did you take any pics during your Bhopal drive?
Old 12th May 2009, 17:06   #45
BHPian

Not many my friend only one while I was coming back from Bhopal towards Indore. There is a huge, massive Hanuman murti and believe me quite impressive. Will put the pic I have of my civic.

Cheers,

Saint

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks