Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 11:51   #61
BHPian

All,

It seems I need to do one more trip to Bhopal end of this month. Below is what I had taken last time around, I see many updates post that, but I have specific question:

-Mumbai. Nashik-Dhule-Jalgaon-ravre-Bhuwasi-Burhanpurvia muktainagar-Khandwa (ghats)-Indore-Bhopal.

My question is what is the situation after Dhule as last time I could not take the straight road due to bad road conditions (please provide route details as well) or else I will stick to what I took last time, please remember I have a Honda Civic.

After staying for a week in Bhopal, I need to proceed to Delhi so do let me know the best route from there as well.

Cheers.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

After Dhulia, roads were bad at MH-MP border, but doable in your Civic. However, the rains have just started and that can damage NH3.

But why do you want to go via Jalgaon and Burhanpur, stick to NH3, it is not that bad.

From Bhopal to DElhi, road is OK but watch out for rough roads between Biaora and Gwalior.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

@ The Saint:

Indore to Bhopal is 4-laned now. It's 200kms and one can easily cover that in 2.5-3 Hrs, from now-on.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:29   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
After Dhulia, roads were bad at MH-MP border, but doable in your Civic. However, the rains have just started and that can damage NH3.

But why do you want to go via Jalgaon and Burhanpur, stick to NH3, it is not that bad.

From Bhopal to DElhi, road is OK but watch out for rough roads between Biaora and Gwalior.
Thanks HV so the NH-3 after dhulia will be what?? can you please tell me onward Dhulia what are the points. Thanks on the Delhi route, I guess it will be Bhopal-shivpuri-biaora-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:42   #65
BHPian

What ever route you go..Halt at midway resort near doodhi between Indore and Bhopal for some amazing food.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Dhulia-Sendhwa 104 kms-Damnod 77-Mhow 46-Indore Bypass 30-Dewas ByPass 47-turnoff for Bhopal 10-Sonkach 29-Ashta 45-Sehore 45-Bhopal 30

Bhopal-Biaora 75 kms-Vijaipur 72-Guna Bypass 26-Shivpuri ByPass 104-Gwalior 120
Old 7th July 2010, 18:09   #67
BHPian

Thanks HV, you are a rockstar.

SID good food is definitely essential, I miss on most of our highways as I tend to compare them with highways in the north like going towards chandigarh and all. I never find good food from Mumbai to Delhi, only time I use to enjoy was at Reliance petrol pumps and they all are shut except one on the vadodara express way that to while coming back to Mumbai.
Old 7th July 2010, 19:22   #68
BHPian

Road updated.

Reached Bhopal a few days back, and thought I would update the route that I took.

Jalna - Deolgaon Raja - Chikli - Burhanpur - Khandwa - Indore - Bhopal

From Jalna to Chikli the roads are not in great condition but four lane work is under progress and should be done in next six to eight months. I took this route based on some local information and it was not a bad decision. It avoids all the highway traffic till burhanpur. From Chikli the roads are in great condition as they are toll roads.

Khandwa-Indore-Bhopal roads are in great condition. I did not take khandwa-Hoshangabad road because after Hoshangabad to Bhopal, I heard they are not as good as Indore Bhopal. Covered Indore Bhopal in flat 2.5hrs. From Jalna to Bhopal via above mentioned route was some 560 odd kms and took about 10hrs.

Now next leg from Bhopal to Delhi! Its been a great drive from Bangalore to Aurangabad and then to Bhopal. I would write my travelogue soon about the this cross country drive in monsoon and the mind blowing landscapes along the way!

Thanks friends for the help on this leg.
Old 7th July 2010, 19:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hehe I think you too missed a turn as you dont need to go to Jalna, dont worry I had done the same slip in my first trip

@Saint - Recently my relatives travelled to Pune From Bhopal, while coming they chose the NH3 but got so fed up with the traffic that they chose the other route while going back which they again found to be better & faster.
Old 7th July 2010, 23:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Reached Bhopal a few days back, and thought I would update the route that I took.

Jalna - Deolgaon Raja - Chikli - Burhanpur - Khandwa - Indore - Bhopal

From Jalna to Chikli the roads are not in great condition but four lane work is under progress and should be done in next six to eight months. I took this route based on some local information and it was not a bad decision. It avoids all the highway traffic till burhanpur. From Chikli the roads are in great condition as they are toll roads.

Khandwa-Indore-Bhopal roads are in great condition. I did not take khandwa-Hoshangabad road because after Hoshangabad to Bhopal, I heard they are not as good as Indore Bhopal. Covered Indore Bhopal in flat 2.5hrs. From Jalna to Bhopal via above mentioned route was some 560 odd kms and took about 10hrs.
Great update, thanks! Very fast drive.
Why this complex route to Delhi?
Entire Indore-Bhopal is 4-laned now?
Is there a good bypass for Bhopal now?
Old 8th July 2010, 09:26   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Great update, thanks! Very fast drive.
Why this complex route to Delhi?
Entire Indore-Bhopal is 4-laned now?
Is there a good bypass for Bhopal now?
Ahh, destination Delhi is not the final objective but to see places and meet up with family, so a winding route across country

Yes Entire Indore-Bhopal is four laned and I found the road quality to be better than golden quadrilateral (personal opinion) from Bangalore to Pune. If you have big SUV, you can easily do 140-160. I was at consistent 110-120 and had Safaris, Mercs (hats off) zooming past me!

I am not sure if there is a good bypass to Bhopal as I did not see any roads bifurcating while entering Bhopal from the Indore side, or may be I missed in the joy of driving
Old 8th July 2010, 12:38   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hehe I think you too missed a turn as you dont need to go to Jalna, dont worry I had done the same slip in my first trip

@Saint - Recently my relatives travelled to Pune From Bhopal, while coming they chose the NH3 but got so fed up with the traffic that they chose the other route while going back which they again found to be better & faster.
Thanks Techo, the old route that I had taken last time around is preferred as it was fast, tried and tested, but it is some kms more in terms of distance (which i dont mind). I am confused what to take will decide on my way to bhopal.

Arent you coming for the Mumbai-Pune megameet?? would love to catch up.
Old 9th July 2010, 20:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

Yes the NH3 route is shorter but the other one is quicker.

I am in US right now so wont be able to join you guys for the meet.
Old 27th July 2010, 13:53   #74
BHPian

Guys,

i will be leaving exactly in a weeks time, route to bhopal will be as last time, a recap on that as below:

Mumbai. Nashik-Dhule-Jalgaon-ravre-Bhuwasi-Burhanpurvia muktainagar-Khandwa (ghats)-Indore-Bhopal

Lemme know if some one has a last minute update, do's and dont, road condition due to rain etc.

Appreciate.

Cheers
Old 27th July 2010, 14:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Guys,

i will be leaving exactly in a weeks time, route to bhopal will be as last time, a recap on that as below:

Mumbai. Nashik-Dhule-Jalgaon-ravre-Bhuwasi-Burhanpurvia muktainagar-Khandwa (ghats)-Indore-Bhopal
Why do you want to go via Jalgaon and Khandwa when the NH3 from Dhule is in good condition and is the shortest route to Indore? The Burhanpur route is best for only those coming from Pune via Aurangabad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks