Team-BHP - Bangalore to Srinagar and onwards!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Srinagar and onwards!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/58245-bangalore-srinagar-onwards-2.html)

Dear IndiaRunner,
Buddy, three cheers to you for embarking on such a trip.
I wish you a trouble free, pleasant and enjoyable trip.
Cheers once again,
Deepak

BTW: Which is your vehicle?

@Indiarunner >>Good luck buddy. Wish you a safe enjoyable and fun trip. Drive safe.

Cheers,
J

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianrunner (Post 1307916)
Thanks HVK for all your help. The plan is to leave Blr tomorrow early AM and if I need assistance in passing through Mumbai I will certainly call you.

With regards

Are you clear about pune , mumbai bye passes or need help?

Have a happy & safe Journey. Drive safe.

Kiren

That's a mammoth of a road trip mate. Best of Luck and we all need a whole lot of photos and a good travelogue for this one.

I do not think there is any Bangalore - Srinagar travelogue here till now. You will be the first one.

Apart from hvk of course :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 1294514)
There is a route from Madhopur (PB-JK border) to Udhampur, but I am told that road is bad. You can ideally turn off at Kathua too to rejoin the same road. But let me caution you to stick to the NH1A in JK for safety reasons since the interior roads have less traffic and more army checking. NH1A bypasses Jammu from the Cantonment till Nagrota (as you can see form my route map) and is quite an optimal route.

Please bear in mind that the Jawahar Tunnel (between Rambal and Qazigund) is open only during day (8 am - 6 pm) and hence you will have to regulate your trip planning appropriately by starting from Jammu early in the morning or staying over in Udhampur/ Rambal.

if we are talking of the road that turns off the NH1 just after that bridge after Samba, then the road is in reasonably good condition The only problem is that the first 20 kms or so are landslide prone so in case of any incident, you will have to backtrack and take the long way around Jammu.

Overall a good choice because a) no truck traffic, b)cuts over 90kms/3 hrs of the ride. c) Does anyone really want to ride through the mess called jammu?

Go for it.

wow.this sounds just like the trip I've been planning. I'm a bangalorean reddy but my in-laws are from Jammu. Everytime my wife wants me to join her in her trips to her hometown, I fly and now, I hate taking the flights. So, next time, I plan to drive from Bangalore to Jammu!My rides going to be an Alto. anybody got any suggestions for this trip? I plan to do this in January '10

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1334992)
I plan to drive from Bangalore to Jammu!My rides going to be an Alto. anybody got any suggestions for this trip? I plan to do this in January '10

Fog in the Delhi-Jammu region is terrible in Jan.

Thanks HVK and folks for all your inputs. Just back from my trip to Ladakh and it was awesome. My Pajero performed flawlessly and was extremely comfortable.

I took the Srinagar route in and the Manali route out and had an experience of a traffic jam at Rohtang pass. The roads were by and large good except for Baracha La, 30 km leading to Tso Moriri and about 50km from there to the main Leh- Manali route.

Trip writeup and photographs will follow shortly.

regards

Looking forward to the travelogue and the pictures. Am sure it must be one of hell of a drive and experience. Eager to hear and see it all.

Hi all,

Am attaching a few snaps of my trip to Leh. more to follow... enjoy

Hi,

Some more snaps of the first part of the trip...

Hi Indian runner,
Could u please post the Bangalore to Srinagar Travelogue. I am planning the same thing in February. I would be waiting for your reply.