Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 1st April 2021, 19:35   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Anyone with recent experiences with MyChoize?

I'm looking at booking a SUV/MUV for an upcoming interstate travel over a long weekend. Surprisingly MyChoize rates are nearly half of those of Revv which I have used in the past and had good experience(s). Although the security deposit for MyChoize is nearly 3 times that of the Revv for the same/similar car.
Old 1st April 2021, 20:47   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I had a pleasant experience with MyChoize during my recent trips to Rajasthan and Mumbai, booked Ertiga in Rajasthan and Compass in Mumbai, received base models which were fairly new with 21K and 14K on the odometer respectively. The vehicles were decently cleaned, did not have any mechanical issues during the trips.

I too was surprised by their rates card, hence wanted to try them out. They turned out to be two of the very few rare good experiences with self drive agencies nowadays. They refunded the security deposit back to my account on the 5th and 3rd day respectively after returning the cars.
adityarobb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 21:24   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityarobb View Post
I had a pleasant experience with MyChoize during my recent trips to Rajasthan and Mumbai, booked Ertiga in Rajasthan and Compass in Mumbai, received base models which were fairly new with 21K and 14K on the odometer respectively.
Thank you. Their booking page is giving a disclaimer that for interstate travel, there might be a requirement for getting govt approvals for which I need to reach out to their support team. I'm assuming this is regarding pcr test requirements by different states, but no visibility yet. Did you get any such information or ask while booking?
Old 1st April 2021, 21:56   #259

I did not get any disclaimer during my booking on the app. My travel to Rajasthan was in Jan and within the state, Mumbai was in Feb and within the city. I had carried my rt-pcr report just to be on the safe side even though no one bothered asking for the same. Maybe this is due to the new interstate travel restrictions imposed by few states which require the rt-pcr report.
adityarobb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 11:32   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I'm renting a car for ~7 days in a couple of weeks to go to Uttarakhand from Delhi. I need an AT sedan, and have two options:
  • Ciaz P AT from MyChoize at 10k
  • Verna D AT from Revv at 15k

Does it make sense to pay 50% more for a Verna and for using Revv which has better reviews on TBHP?
Quote:

I'm looking at booking a SUV/MUV for an upcoming interstate travel over a long weekend. Surprisingly MyChoize rates are nearly half of those of Revv which I have used in the past and had good experience(s). Although the security deposit for MyChoize is nearly 3 times that of the Revv for the same/similar car.
Ended up booking a Ciaz P AT from MyChoize for 7 days. 30 mins before we reached Delhi, we got a call from MyChoize stating that the Ciaz wasn't available and they're replacing it with a Creta D AT. Since it was on them, I did not have to pay the difference. The car had done 80k kms but showed no signs of any wear and tear. My fuel costs were also lower since it was a D. The handover process was not that smooth, the pick up guy expected me to pick him up at CP, Delhi and there was some confusion around it. I got the entire deposit back except some deductions since I did some extra KMs. Would definitely recommend MyChoize.

Quote:
Thank you. Their booking page is giving a disclaimer that for interstate travel, there might be a requirement for getting govt approvals for which I need to reach out to their support team. I'm assuming this is regarding pcr test requirements by different states, but no visibility yet. Did you get any such information or ask while booking?
This existed when we booked in Nov. We were asked to register on Uttarakhand's mycity website after they delivered the car.

Last edited by prateekm : 2nd April 2021 at 11:33.
prateekm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 12:00   #261
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to drive down to Udupi/Manipal next week and would like to get recommendation for a good self driving cars vendor in Bangalore. Is it possible to drop off the cars at Manipal (I saw few cars parked near Country Inn)? If yes, which rentals provide that option?

Thanks

Most Viewed