Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2013, 20:55   #91
BHPian

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Hi BHPians,
need your advice on agencies in Mumbai who provide self driven cars. As this thread is quite old, request your fresh inputs. I will be visiting Mumbai for a month in December and would prefer to have a self driven car instead of depending on taxis and autos. No preference as such for the car type as long as it is relaible, comfortable, clean and doesn't guzzle fuel.
Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
Hi BHPians,
need your advice on agencies in Mumbai who provide self driven cars. As this thread is quite old, request your fresh inputs. I will be visiting Mumbai for a month in December and would prefer to have a self driven car instead of depending on taxis and autos. No preference as such for the car type as long as it is relaible, comfortable, clean and doesn't guzzle fuel.
Thanks
Autoriders in Mumbai is good. www.autoriders.net

Carzonrent also has the Myles service in Mumbai http://www.carzonrent.com/
Old 18th December 2013, 15:45   #93
BHPian

Used myles selfdrive service from carzonrent recently. My take below

Vehicle booked - Innova
Duration - 1 day
Booked from - Gurgaon, Haryana

A colledge friend was getting married at Modinagar (Uttar Pradesh) - about 80 odd kms from Delhi and all us friends from college decided to book an innova taxi so that we could go together. Decided to take the self drive option since it was working out cheaper. Moreover there were seven of us so it was more comfortable without and extra driver. We needed the cab from Saturday noon to Sunday noon. Following were the economics

Innova white plate taxi
Rent for 2 days @ 200km/day @ 14rs/km = 5600
Extra driver charges for overnight halt = 400
total = 6000

Myles self drive taxi
Rent for 24 hours = 2474 including taxes
Diesel for 200 km run = 1200
Road tax for U.P. for 2 days = 365.40
MCD entry charges to delhi = 90 (@ 45/entry)
Total = 4129.4

I booked the cab online which was relatively easy and chose a pickup place near by. It gave a list of documents to carry (Passport & DL). I also had to carry a credit card for pre-authorization of 50,000 as security deposit. It said online that I will be contacted by the concerned pickup location shortly. The online receipt below
Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-carzonrent.jpg

Now the wait starts and it is 2 hrs before my pickup time and no call. I decided to ring up the helpline and after being given a number of someone who gave me another number who directed me to a third person, I finally managed to get in touch with the concerned person after a good 30 minutes. Not a promising start.

The concerned person is not sure about my booking and calls me back after checking to say that my preferred pickup location is not working out and he will send the cab to my place with the credit card machine and documentation to which I agreed. 15 minutes later he calls back and says I should rather come to their other office and do the documentation and he will get me picked. At this moment I felt that I had made a wrong decision and these guys are a bunch of incompetents.

Nonetheless the pickup cab turned up before time and I was driven to the office not too far from my place. From this point onwards it was a brilliant experience to deal with the agency and they more than made up for their initial fumble to the point I would rate them 5 stars. Key pointers
  • I was allotted a brand new Innova - driven only 700 kms
  • Top of the line GX model with 3 row ac, driver seat height adjustment, airbag, abs, parking sensors etc
  • Documentation was very quick and clean
  • On my request they deposited the required UP road tax there and than only, vide my credit card and gave me print out of receipt
  • Car had all the required documents nicely placed in a folder
  • Car had a ice box, music system & screen with DVD player

The concerned person Mr. Devender was a pleasure to deal with. When I expressed concern over taking a brand new car incase I scratch it he assured that as a company policy any small damage below 3000 rs will not be chargeable.

The car performed brilliantly and took 7 overgrown adults in total comfort to the marriage party and back. Returning was equally painless and I was dropped home.

All in all an excellent deal and experience. I don't think I will ever hire a driven taxi again.

cheers
Vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 17:29   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Has anyone used selfdrive.in to rent a self-drive car in Pune? Are they reliable?
Yes, I used the self drive service from Girikand travels in Pune. Rented Innova for 5 days to go to Dandeli and back.

Can't remember exactly now, but I guess they charged around 2800 per day. You can check rates online.

Pretty happy with service and the vehicle. No doubt will go to them next time if there's a need.
vineet_k21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 23:19   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
Used myles selfdrive service from carzonrent recently.
An update with a twist. Received a mail from carzonrent thanking me for using their services and a link to invoice on their website.

The invoice on website shows INR 1939 pending towards me owing to some parking/driving tickets. I am very amused with the mail, I have already got my refund on security and expecting me to pay for it now is hilarious.
Nonetheless being a good Samaritan and very pleased with their service, I decided to ask for chalan details. I had made up my mind to pay it if, I have violated any traffic rules during my usage which attracted penalty.

Thats when I noticed that all details on the invoice are wrong (my address, DL no., car no. kms etc etc). Net net only my name is correct on the invoice.
Below is the most misguided invoice I have ever seen
Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-myles-invoice.jpg

Though it doesnot bothers me but I have shot a stern mail to them, demanding a rectified invoice with no dues.

I want to set the book right as I am looking forward to using their services again and do not want any hankypanky in future.

Will keep updating as the story unfolds.

cheers
Vishwas
Old 8th January 2014, 00:48   #96
BHPian

Quote:
An update with a twist. Received a mail from carzonrent thanking me for using their services and a link to invoice on their website.

The invoice on website shows INR 1939 pending towards me owing to some parking/driving tickets. I am very amused with the mail, I have already got my refund on security and expecting me to pay for it now is hilarious.
Nonetheless being a good Samaritan and very pleased with their service, I decided to ask for chalan details. I had made up my mind to pay it if, I have violated any traffic rules during my usage which attracted penalty.

Thats when I noticed that all details on the invoice are wrong (my address, DL no., car no. kms etc etc). Net net only my name is correct on the invoice.
Below is the most misguided invoice I have ever seen
Attachment 1188069

Though it doesnot bothers me but I have shot a stern mail to them, demanding a rectified invoice with no dues.

I want to set the book right as I am looking forward to using their services again and do not want any hankypanky in future.

Will keep updating as the story unfolds.

cheers
Vishwas
Hi Vishwas, I am wondering how can the rental start date and rental close date be the same in both the invoices. Does it mean a single day rent as per them, when the car was taken on Saturday noon to Sunday noon 24 hrs.

Anyway, I have a long experience of dealing with carzonrent (erstwhile Hertz), their working is like this only. The right hand does not know what the left is doing. You will never find any synchronisation within their own departments. But yes, one thing that they are very prompt is customer service.

I have found their services to be very good when compared with other operators in the market.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 10:13   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
The right hand does not know what the left is doing. You will never find any synchronisation within their own departments. But yes, one thing that they are very prompt is customer service.

I have found their services to be very good when compared with other operators in the market.
+1. They were absolutely clueless about documentation when I returned the car and did not had any official return receipt.
Though I made them give me copy of vehicle log with signoff that car was returned without any driver damage.

After my stern mail, they have sent the 'corrected invoice' with pending amount nil but rest of the details still incorrect as earlier.

I think I will rest it here.

Note to everyone planning to use myles - Their hire policy is pretty ironcald and runs into 4 pages but the the return documentation is very weak/non-existent. Make sure you get them to sign off enough details to indemnify yourself.

cheers
Vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 08:42   #98
BHPian

Why did you have to pay the road tax for UP separately? Does it need to be paid for each state visited during the rental? Does it also mean that one can not make unplanned visits to states not mentioned during rental pick-up?

Quote:

Myles self drive taxi
Rent for 24 hours = 2474 including taxes
Diesel for 200 km run = 1200
Road tax for U.P. for 2 days = 365.40
MCD entry charges to delhi = 90 (@ 45/entry)
Total = 4129.4
Old 9th February 2014, 17:46   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Does it also mean that one can not make unplanned visits to states not mentioned during rental pick-up?
You can,just that you would have to pay the entry tax at the tax checkpost.
Old 9th February 2014, 20:01   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Why did you have to pay the road tax for UP separately? Does it need to be paid for each state visited during the rental? Does it also mean that one can not make unplanned visits to states not mentioned during rental pick-up?
The self drive cabs have commercial yellow plate registration. You will have to pay state entry tax for every state you visit which is dependent on the capacity of cab, AC/NonAC and the state rules itself.

These offices are placed at the main entries to each state but not the nicest place to visit and are rather crowded, so its best to pay online in advance if there is an option.

Impromptu visit to states is possible as clarifed by ranjit below. Just find out the office on entry and pay the tax.

cheers
Vishwas
Old 11th February 2014, 16:18   #101
BHPian

Car for hire in Goa

Hi Friends,

I am planning to do a 4 day Goa trip in 2nd week of March. I would need contacts of folks in Goa who lend a wagon-r/alto on daily rental basis. If you do have information, can you please PM me.

Cheers
Karthik
Old 12th February 2014, 09:13   #102
BHPian

Re: Car for hire in Goa

Goa Self Drive Cars contact 09486193977

Very professional guys and they even let you pick up and drop the rental car at the airport/railway station. Charges are reasonable too! Highly recommended
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 10:43   #103
BHPian

You can try 09822101598 or 09822688234. Enjoy your trip
kewlferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 13:07   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
I am planning to do a 4 day Goa trip in 2nd week of March. I would need contacts of folks in Goa who lend a wagon-r/alto on daily rental basis. If you do have information, can you please PM me.
Karthik, since your going during a non-peak season, negotiate for a better rate. I would recommend sticking to contact that the hotel person where your staying recommends as there would be some connection

There are plenty of people who lend out cars and bikes. Dont worry too much about it and just get it arranged through your hotel reception.

Rates will be anywhere between Rs.800 to 1200 a day ( excluding petrol) and you need to give them a copy of your DL and dont forget to take copies of Insurance, RC etc from the lender.

Cheers and Enjoy !!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 14:50   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I would recommend sticking to contact that the hotel person where your staying recommends as there would be some connection

There are plenty of people who lend out cars and bikes. Dont worry too much about it and just get it arranged through your hotel reception.
Mobike008 - I tried this option but the Hotel Rates are a double whammy. They charge 1200/- instead of a market rate of 1000/- for SAntro/Wagon R and also they are offering only private board(white board) instead of the self drive(Black board with yellow numbers). The resort in debate here is Tiara Saligao.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks