Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2023, 22:43   #346

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

I have used different self drive car rental services in Kerala. I used to book cars through tranzcars most of the time. But they had limited automatic cars. So I thought of trying evmwheels where they had polo, ameo, vento, micra and Magnite. I have used micra from them multiple times and always had very good experience interns of vehicle condition as well as the booking process. During last year December I had to travel to Raichur for an emergency. This place was approximately 1000kms from Cochin and also there are two state borders in between. This time I had booked Magnite CVT and requested them to deliver the vehicle at my home before 4 PM. Home delivery was on chargeable basis. Since this was a medical emergency, timelines are utmost important. They had already shared me the vehicle number and I have made entry permit to TN and KA through online. I was waiting for the car to arrive. I did not receive the vehicle on time and delivery guy had arrived around 4.15 PM. I have inspected the car. It was clean and was in good condition. But the documents were missing. There was no pollution certificate. Insurance and all india permit authorisation were expired. I told the delivery guy that I won't be able to start without these documents atleast the soft copies are required. He had assured that the soft copies will be shared from their office shortly. I was ok with that and the delivery guy had left the place after getting my signature.
I did not receive any update till 5 PM. I was contacting their office through WhatsApp, but there was no positive response. Finally the person had shared the RC, Insurance and All India Permit copy. When I was checking, authorisation of All India Permit was expired. This was informed and they said, they will share the renewed copy. I did not receive any update till 6.30PM. They were giving different person's numbers and I was contacting each one of them and requesting to get this sorted. Finally I had received the renewed authorisation copy around 7.30PM. They have told me to get the pollution tested from my end and they will refund the cost. I was already started from Cochin around 6.30PM as I was getting late. I could not find any pollution testing center on the way as it was already late and it was a Sunday. I have halted at Salem at that night and got the polution tested from Salem next day.

I had to run behind all these documents and there was no sort of empathy shown by EVMWHEELS.
I did complete the trip without much issues and they have refunded the security deposit and pollution test cost after deducting the toll amount.
I had used their services multiple times and this was the first time I had a bad experience.
madmax_rak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 00:04   #347
BHPian

Where can I rent premium cars (BMW or Mercedes) for a few hours in NCR? Any ideas on expected rental?

My small kids have grown fond of BMW and Merc badge and I was thinking of giving them a ride in their favorites. Ofcourse this is just another excuse to justify this unnecessary expense to home ministry for my fun ride
sandeeprawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 22:44   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeprawat View Post
Where can I rent premium cars (BMW or Mercedes) for a few hours in NCR? Any ideas on expected rental?

My small kids have grown fond of BMW and Merc badge and I was thinking of giving them a ride in their favorites. Ofcourse this is just another excuse to justify this unnecessary expense to home ministry for my fun ride
AVIS in DEL-NCR has a good selection of luxo-barges. All chauffeur driven though. From 5 series to Maybach's. Charges vary from 16-17,000 rupees for 4 hours for a Beemer to close to a lakh of rupees for a Maybach.
But, be sure to pre-book through their app/online as most luxury cars in DEL-NCR are often sold out over weekends. And particularly during the upcoming G-20 summit between September 8-10, you may face a supply crunch of luxury sedans, as almost all, will be hired for doing G-20 duties.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 13:19   #349
BHPian

Is there any self drive option available in Palakkad?
Old 30th November 2023, 23:08   #350
BHPian

Guys, has anyone tried "Rent-A-Self Drive" in Ahmedabad or in any of their other locations?

Here is their link : https://g.co/kgs/YJRAh7

I'm looking to get a 7-seater and they have Innova Crysta (8-seater) one at 2730/- per day.

They have their counter in the airport itself - which adds to the convenience.

Please let me know your review and also if the rate quoted is good.

Thanks!
Old 9th January 2024, 12:43   #351
BHPian

Sharing my feedback on Mychoize self-drive which I used in Chennai/Mahabalipuram over Dec'23.

My biggest gripe with the typical self-drive options (aka Zoom) is the unpredictability of what would I be presented with when I actually go over to collect the car. There is a subsequent risk of if the vehicle's maintenance is trustworthy.

I am happy to say that when I was forced to go down the self-drive route during a family vacation in Dec'23 in Mahabalipuram, my experience with Mychoize was pleasantly to the contrary. Their customer service was exemplary during the booking process, and their communication channels were accessbile & precise while coordinating the vehicle pick up. I had requested for a pick up from the Chennai central railway station and there were no surprises in that. Their driver was prompt in contacting me before I arrived in Chennai and it was easy to locate him/the car.

I had booked a manual Innova and that is what I got. The car had almost 1.97L on odo but it performed flawlessly. Yes, the mileage was showing up in the wear and tear internally but there were no unpleasant surprises. All of the documentation was in place (PUC, registration) The tires had decent tread on them, the interiors were not filthy, and all the electrical were working fine. I had kept my expectations to a minimum so that also helped. The vehicle performed flawlessly during my 300KMs odd driving on the OMR as well as within the city.

The handover process was equally smooth and it barely took me 10 mins to complete the handover formality.

The deposit amount of 3K was refunded seamlessly though they did deduct Rs. 9/- by stating GST but I am OK to overlook it.

Overall, confidence inspiring and I might be OK to look at these guys again if I am compelled to explore self-drive.
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 14:09   #352
BHPian

Hello. Need to rent a self drive car from 16.03.2024 to 25.03.2024 from Chandigarh. I searched the net and found some options other than Zoom, Revv etc. Giving details below

Gagan Self Drive cars Chandigarh
Chandigarh Rent a car
RBTS.

In Mangaluru we have many such rental agencies who provide cars with regular number plate and most of the times the vehicle is in excellent condition since most of them are put on rental by their owners. Anybody has any suggestions / options or any experience with any of the above listed rental agencies. Thanks in advance.
Old 17th February 2024, 15:41   #353
BHPian

Looking for suggestions for good self drive rental in Hyderabad. We are visiting Hyderabad next week and wish to visit near by places with family and kids. Also, an automatic car will be preferred. Thanks in advance.
Old 13th March 2024, 20:43   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Looking for suggestions for good self drive rental in Hyderabad. We are visiting Hyderabad next week and wish to visit near by places with family and kids. Also, an automatic car will be preferred. Thanks in advance.
Found any? I am also looking for self drive cars in Hyderabad.
Old 14th March 2024, 13:06   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius View Post
Found any? I am also looking for self drive cars in Hyderabad.
Yes, we managed to get a good self drive car in Hyderabad.

When we enquired around, got to know about a local operator called "Long Drive Cars" and good feedback about them. https://www.longdrivecars.com/

We called their helpline and were informed to download their app to do the booking. They have good collection of vehicles ranging from alto to XUV700 though I'm not sure about the real availability vs app.

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-longdrivecars.png

Their process:

* You have to download their app, select the branch to show the availability
* They don't offer pickup/drop services. You have to collect the car and drop off at their branch office only.
* Entire amount has to be paid in advance to confirm the booking. You can pay through the app or they can provide you an upi address to transfer the amount.
* They have multiple options for insurance coverage with options to limit your liability to either 20k or 10k or accept complete liability without any insurance cost(I would never recommend this option)
* We have to collect the car from the selected branch at the specified date and time. They will show you the car around and also take pics around to cover existing scratches/damages.
* They won't provide the car with tankful of fuel, but just record the fuel level indicator and expect you to return the car with same fuel level.
* The cars generally have fastags(not guaranteed) and they will check the balance on the tag when they handover the car to you. You have to return the car with at least the initial amount of balance on the tag.
* They will mark the car as delivered to you and the clock starts.
* There is no restriction on the number of KMs you can drive
* During pickup, You need to submit a copy of Aadhar and DL and sign on their forms and you are good to go.
* During drop off, they will check for any damages on the car, fuel level, fastag balance etc., and mark the car as returned in their app.
* They will charge extra amount if your drop-off is later than the scheduled time.

Our experience:

* We booked a swift automatic for 4 days from their Kukatpally branch.

* The total cost including insurance was around 8k. We opted for insurance option with max 10k liability in case of damage. The insurance cost itself was around Rs.480 per day, but I strongly recommend this option for peace of mind. They also have an option to NOT opt for insurance and accept full liability in case of damage which I will strongly recommend against.

* Our pickup was on a Saturday evening and there was mad rush at their office with multiple walk-in customers asking for cars. The branch manager informed us either they provide the car or will process the refund immediately. It seems their software doesn't track the available cars correctly, so there is always a chance that the car you have booked is not available when you go for pick up. Tip: Once you book a car on the app, call the customer care and ask for number of the manager of your selected branch. Then call the manger and confirm the availability of the car directly with him to avoid any pain and inconvenience.

* We explained that we have to travel with infant and absolutely need the car and luckily he managed to provide the car to us. Thank god!

* The car had some damages to front and rear bumpers, fuel level indicator was showing 2 bars and the fastag had 0 balance(more on this later)

* The car itself was in good condition and they wash the car before pickup with some additional charge.

* The car ran absolutely fine and we visited multiple places including Basara, Yadadri etc.,

* The fastag was showing 0 balance during delivery(they just add the vehicle number in the fastag recharge screen on phonepe app where it shows existing balance). In fact, the tag had -ve balance(I'm not sure how, probably due to toll plazas charging the toll later). I recharged Rs.250 and the updated balance was shown as Rs.95. I mis calculated the expected toll amount usage and recharged around 1.5K. We ended up using only around Rs.800 for our travel, but did not get any refund of the excess balance. Tip: Don't recharge large amounts to the fastag, but keep recharging small amounts as you continue to use it. Remember that they will not provide any refund of excess fastag balance. To be fair, they did mention this point during delivery, but we may not have paid attention. We lost around Rs.700 due to this mistake.

* This is not a big corporate setup, so the processes are not as streamlined as you would expect, but not a deal breaker.

* Overall, had a pretty positive experience especially this is the first time we are using a self drive car rental service. You can definitely consider this if you want a car in Hyderabad.

Last edited by Everlearner : 14th March 2024 at 13:12.
Everlearner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 21:02   #356
BHPian

Hi, needed help in finding a good, reliable self-drive rental that is located within Mumbai domestic airport. Could not find good options on a web search.
Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks